• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Abductions, Child Sexual Abuse & Sleep Paralysis

What do you think is the origin of alien abductions?

• Total voters
As a therapist I've worked with several people who have been vivtims of sexual abuse and what strikes with that population along with any clinical population is how varied the reaction is. I find it very unlikely that if alien abduction stories were created because of sexual abuse the stories would be so consistant, people don't work that way. The imagery replacing the trauma would be have every concept the human mind could concieve off.

When you have multiple people abducted and they have conscience memory of part of it how could that be a false trauma memory or sleep paralysis?

I also find it highly unlikely that what ever this phenomenon is that if memories were being repressed that hypnosis which is nothing more than a form of guided relaxation is going to be enough to recover accurate memories.

Along those lines there really is no such thing as an accurate memory we distort details and miss or jumble information and evertime we remember "recode" that memory and can have our emotions further skew that memory.
I had a professor who at dinner party overheard her husband tell a story about the 1st time he saw ET. She was confused because that story was really about when she had seen ET but when she confronted him he swore up and down that the story had happened to him and he described all these little details he remembered. She a few days later reminded him about when he had really seen the movie. He was confused about why he had two different memories. He had heard her tell the story so many times that he internalized it so much he believed it had happened to him even inventing details to fill in the memory. If you would have given him a polygraph he would have passed because he believed it was true and really happened to him. If he had been subjected to hypnosis he would have given you great detail on a memory that never happened.

Memory is very inconsistent and unreliable and why without any physical evidence we will never get any closer to solving what abductions are.

Thanks for sharing. What do you think about the claim that, in allowing abductees to share information about their encounters, that influence results in building false narratives about these experiences. But how do you prevent test subjects from reading about the subject, or hearing about what other subjects might have experienced? They aren't part of a trial jury, which appears to be what some skeptics expect. And even that system is hardly perfect.

I have read that some researchers hold things back and use that as a test if people recount similiar information. However at the end of the day I don't think it matters if the information is out there and could contaminate others narratives. I think we have gone as far as we can with collecting peoples experiences we need to try to get hard data (like you and Chris talked to Dr Jacobs about).

I am not sure what abductions are or how much of them is a real physical manifestation but abductees suffer more then people with more typical forms of trauma, because they very often have to suffer alone without any support because they are afraid of ridicule. Even if they go to a therapist (and there are a lot of bad therapists out there) how comfortable do they feel desclosing this or how oftenis it misdiagnosed.

I'm not sure what abductions are but the trauma behind them is real and a therapists first responsibility is to treat that not do regression hypnosis or link it to some past event that mst not have happened.

Where would you want to live instead?
Well, that depends on whether I have the money on hand to pay moving expenses and cover the costs of setting up a new home. I want warm weather, but not high humidity and a place htat'os hurricane-prone. That leaves out Florida.

I am not sure what abductions are or how much of them is a real physical manifestation but abductees suffer more then people with more typical forms of trauma, because they very often have to suffer alone without any support because they are afraid of ridicule. Even if they go to a therapist (and there are a lot of bad therapists out there) how comfortable do they feel desclosing this or how oftenis it misdiagnosed. ...

I, personally, do not believe in the abduction phenomenon as a real experience, but 'some'thing is happening to the people who make the claim and it needs to be addressed and researched seriously. And when I say 'seriously' I do mean without the ridicule. I believe professional therapists and psychiatrists should at least start off listening to the abductee and taking all of their claims and history seriously, and following up on them. Steps should be taken on behalf of the abductee... video camera's installed, the abductee should be given a complete workup on physical and sexual state. They should be given a psychological evaluation along with research into family psychological history as well. They should also be treated with respect and care, just like any other patient or client.

The problem is this; the skepticism is 100% two-sided. There are (bad) therapists who immediately discredit abduction claims which is wrong and an injustice to the client. On the other hand there are times when a (good) therapist even suggests an alternative cause to the abductee's claims, other than UFO's and aliens, and the therapist is immediately labeled a debunker and slammed by an overly defensive client. True, some psyc professionals incorrectly discredit abduction claims, but abduction claimants also incorrectly keep other explanations off-the-table, even desperately so. In most of those latter cases the abductee claimant most likely wants the abduction(s) to have occurred, if nothing more than to garner attention and feel 'special' that an alien race would single them out for contact.

Just some of my random thoughts on the matter...

I'm very tempted to move from Arizona. Just have to figure out where and how to raise the money to move.
I'm only here because the cost of living is low. I miss California (my homeland) desperately but I have been priced out of living there. Of course, I could live there if I wanted to sacrifice having a nice home, reasonable gas and grocery prices and wanted to return to 3 hour commutes.

Long story. Not sure how close you are to me, but you know this is a crummy home in a crummy neighborhood. The last few years out here haven't been too pleasant, so maybe it's time for a change. 'Nuff said.
Except for the summer months, the weather is fantastic. Beware! Your mind has probably softened the horrible memories of snow, ice and freezing cold that much of the USA faces about 4-6 months out of the year.

Gene, perhaps you need to just move to another area of Phoenix. The Phoenix metropolitan area is the 5th largest in the USA. Have you looked around Anthem? There are a lot of pretty new small homes at a reasonable price. The area is also very new.

Last edited:
i spat my tea out reading this lol
This one was my favorite:

"Ashtar is a Galactic peacekeeper. He runs the Ashtar Command. His job for our sector of the galaxy is to try and keep peace and order. The command is not going to land on earth and save us, but they want us to know that we're not alone. Up in the higher dimensions, they're not really male or female, but it helps us relate to them when they have bodies, so that's how they look when they communicate with me. I just love him so much! Him, and St. Germaine, and Lady Master Portia—I'm in love with all of them. They teach that if you go high enough, ultimately we're all one. What you do to somebody else, you do to yourself. We all feel so separate down here, and they're always telling me, "Lift your focus." I was looking for love my whole life and I never found it until I met them."

This reminds me of something Dame Edna once said "You must not judge Australia by Australians". It got a big laugh. I find that I accept alien abduction much more willingly when I do NOT interact with abductees. Nothing destroys my faith that such things really happen more than having conversations with the type of abductees that go public, especially at regional conferences.

I realized that when I posted my first comments on this subject that www.casesam.co.uk it might have been better to just stick to reading. I haven't read enough. But of what I've read so far, www.casesam.co.uk I'm convinced that people are being abducted. I realize that for some people they may be suffering sleep paralysis.

Last edited:
I realized that when I posted my first comments on this subject that it might have been better to just stick to reading. I haven't read enough. But of what I've read so far, I'm convinced that people are being abducted. I realize that for some people they may be suffering sleep paralysis.
Why did you pull a quote from me without acknowledging it as such?

Interesting that most of the votes favor solutions other than ET-based.
The best response is a methodical study to see what they find, whoever does it. But if we supposedly can't trust the witness to relate an experience then why are we trusting anything anyone here says, aren't we all twice removed from the the subject. To conclude that someone's been sexually abused even though they are not saying this themselves is to convenience yourself with a solution (you, meaning all of us). I'm just not comfortable imposing my idea's on someone. In fact, isn't that what folks here say hypnosis does? Imposes the alien idea?

What if the subject describes being sexually involved and/or attacked by supposed aliens or hybrids? What do we make of that?
For someone listening to this from another, as has been said here many times, they should seek help to make sure they haven't been abused. But having has first hand experience as a "listener" to someone describing their experience, they were adamant it was not human related. This didn't automatically have me saying aliens in agreement but it stopped me from wanting to label it sexual (human) abuse. Another source that adds to the discussion is Kathleen Marden's book, where a couple claim abduction while driving. And though the memories including being examined by aliens, neither stated it was sexual abuse from humans. I'm just hesitant to make someone a rape victim if their not, it somehow makes this whole thing more confusing.

I'm only interested in knowing what really happened to these people, that's all. That's why civilian investigators have no business trying to deal with such questions. It's why Jacobs should have dropped the Emma Woods case like a hot potato. He had no business getting involved (his statement on his site seems to indicate he came to that realization after too many sessions), which is more or less what I've always said. Whether or not she's wacky is another issue (I think she is based on her behavior). Nobody with years and years of experiences that evidently include sexual interactions with "them" comes out unscathed even if they think they're normal.

What if the subject describes being sexually involved and/or attacked by supposed aliens or hybrids? What do we make of that?

indeed i believe it adds more to the Phenomena than just sleep paralises and waking dreams, its actual physical contact or possible contact with an entity or entities,I'm not saying its definitive prove but like already discussed previously maybe some victims have a very troubled past and this is the brains way of dealing with it, but that obviously doesn't count the hundreds of people that have no stresses or what we would call stress to have such an impact on the mind,hence creating these scenarios.
i just want to point out that in no way I'm saying people are mentally ill if I'm coming across like this i apologise in advance i would just like to get to the bottom of this.
i have also had sleep paralysis a number of times,not quite asleep not quite awake, maybe it could also be inter dimensional very similar to the montauk boys project ?

Back