• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Accuracy rate among psychics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalGNX

SoCalGNX
There are a lot of psychics on various crime shows who work with the police on homicides etc. (Noreen Renier and others). Has anyone details on their accuracy? Police officers comment on these shows and verify their claims but I am wondering what their accuracy rate is in general if anyone has any input.

Hi SoCa,

I know nothing of the lady you mentioned in your post, but I can tell you of some of my now deceased stepmothers hits, if you will.

For a long time now I have wanted to share these accounts, but as it is now only just about a year since her passing, do I feel comfortable putting this out there.
Also I might add this is the only place I feel confident enough to share these stories
knowing the level of intelligent analysis of such matters.

Joy was her name and I have a lot of respect for this womans abilities and wisdom.
Personally I am very sceptical of many clairvoyants and steer well clear of them all. As I see it we really are not meant to know of things to come, many reasons for that, also so many of these people are so full of crap I find that difficult.

Here are a few examples.

She once read for a sub postmistress In Cambridge, and when the staff got to hear
of her visit they too asked for readings. I should say here that on most occasions Joy prefered to use the Tarot though sometimes she liked to use the I Ching which in fact she felt was more accurate.

Anyway whilst reading for the sub postmistress she warned her that she would soon get someone calling at the shop late at night demanding to be let in. She lived above the shop so was always present.
She advised her to let this person in and to let them have whatever it was they wanted, otherwise she would be in danger.

As it turned out this is exactly what happened, and as a result of what one can only assume to be a refusal to yeild to whatever this intruder wanted, this lady was murdered.

When the rest of the staff were questioned by Police. It was mentioned that everyone there had recently had readings from Joy, and that the murdered woman had told the staff of hers.
Consequently after some time the Police contacted Joy and asked if she would be
willing to help with their investigations as they had drawn a blank so far.

Her response was to ultimately agree to help but only on the condition that her name was not mentioned to the press.
She was able to give a good enough description of the perpetrator and his whereabouts to secure a conviction.

Another time she read for a lady and told her quite specifically that she was going to
have car troubles. Nothing dramatic but she would then have to use public transport, in particular the bus.
In July she would meet the man she was to marry, and by the end of the year go with him to live abroad.
All of which was laughed off by the client. as at that time she certainly had no such desire to meet anybody and that her car was in good order.

Soon after the car was damaged and whilst repairable it wasn't roadworthy, and as it would take some time to get the right parts the lady as you may guess had to use the bus. As it turned out she did meet Mr right in late July, they did marry and were living in Italy by the end of the year.

Anyway there are many other things I could tell you about but as this is turning into
such a long post I will leave it there for now.

Mark

Wasn't it the gary schwartz episode of the paracast recently that discussed accuracy rates and things? I can't remember but i think it was. Maybe he has written some books on it, try his link

I say around ten to fifteen per cent maybe geniune? I have seen reports from police officers from across the world who have commented on, that certain individuals who where psychics helped them solve some cases they where working on.

The guy that David and Gene need to interview is the fraud known as Aaron C. Donahue.

He's one of Ed Dhames' stooges, I mean Stupids, I mean Students.

Anyway, If you want an insight into the lunacy that is Ed Dhames, get this clown on the show.

I know he frequents these boards.

Something I read on ATS.

He has a couple of friends who also visit the various boards defending his honor.

When I have more definitive info I'll give it.

Accuracy rate among psychics... I think the answer is simple...

Psychic ability = 0%
Educated/Uneducated guess = probably 10%

I am not saying that people who call themselves psychics can not right from time to time. I am just saying that thier positive hits/results are not coming from some supernatural abilities.

Accuracy rates among psychics are a lot like predicting a meteor hitting the earth. Eventually, the meteor is going to hit, just a matter of when.

Psychics employ a similar method, what I like to call the Shotgun Effect.

They throw out a crap load of predictions, and then... if they're lucky one of them might actually happen.

If you listen to Coast to Coast, they have on frauds like Ed Dhames, Dannion Brinkley, Sylvia Browne, all of whom spin their BS into a tapestry of idiocy that even George Bush couldn't duplicate.

Everything they say is a sweeping generalization. There's going to be a natural disaster or two, all because of Global Warming. There will be more wars in the middle east, well DUH... Every single one of those tards makes no definitive statements about anything.

Yet for whatever reason they call themselves psychic, and those who are easily duped, reinforce that lie by portraying them as such in books, and in the media.

Accuracy rates among psychics are a lot like predicting a meteor hitting the earth. Eventually, the meteor is going to hit, just a matter of when.

Psychics employ a similar method, what I like to call the Shotgun Effect.

They throw out a crap load of predictions, and then... if they're lucky one of them might actually happen.
Not all psychics im afraid.
Im a remote viewer with a general accuracy over thousands of rv sessions of 70-80% accurate 70% of the time. My rv work is scored and databased so I even know what areas i am both good and bad at.
I have plenty of examples on both my blog and rv website http://www.remoteviewed.com - these show normal remote viewing work, and even predictive rv work where I easily made money on bets.

Some psychics are bad - but your just not looking at the right kinds of psychics.

daz

Sort of promoting your site here :))), are there specific types of information/locations where you score higher than others?

I'm generally good at most things now as 13 years or practice 3-4 times a week give you a broad range of targets. What is known though is that something you have experience of or are interested in or that you have knowledge and memories of - generally makes better targets for you.

As an exmaple over the last 18 months I have worked over 40 misisng perosn cases - in this time getting alot of parctice so now becomeing quite good at this - as per this email form a client (all clients in the misisng perosns work are police forces)
[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RXXXXX XXXXXX
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:59 PM
To: XXXX
Subject: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]XXXXX;[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for all your help with our missing person in the City of XXXX, XXXXX. Our victim Mr. XXXX XXXX was found about an eight of a mile from his home. He was found floating in the XXXXX River within 100 feet of one of the GPS readings your team provided. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The river had been searched a couple of times by boat and scanner with no results the day prior to the body coming to the surface. Part of the information we concentrated on was the area around a submerged tree as predicted by one of your Team members. I have shared your Team efforts with Deputies, Firemen and Medical persons who assisted in the three month long search. Again THNK YOU ... THANKS TO THE TEAM !!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Family now has closure![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Respectfully:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]RXXXX X XXXXXXX
Police Chief
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXX, XXXXX
[/FONT]
Its like any skill it takes alot of time and prectice but accuracy can be achived - not 100% of course.

All the best...

Daz

It's easy to start confusing things here. I'm absolutely convinced some people have 'psychic' abilities, but that doesn't mean they are predictive. We've been discussing both here as if they were the same thing. But the word 'psychic' usually connotes something paranormal. I'm also not convinced someone who is 'psychic' is actually having experiences which are somehow magical. It's just that we don't understand the physical mechanisms involved. In other words, they aren't paranormal.

My mother was psychic to a certain extent, but never, as far as I know, predictive in the events that happened to her. The ones she told me were all 'after the fact' kinds of events that had a lot of emotion attached to them. For example, her father, an MD, was on some sort of medication. He practiced in Gunnison, Colorado. My mother lived at the YWCA in Denver. He somehow ran out of medicine and was unable to get any. He asked my mother to help him get it. His voice was heard by everyone in the room. Of course, he was several dozens of miles away on the other side of the Rocky Mountains. No one understood the message save for my mother, who recognized his voice and the fact that he used a family pet name for her. She was able to get the medicine to him in time.

Now, she was strongly attached to my grandfather and loved him deeply while deeply resenting her step-mother. My real grandmother died at age 42 of TB in 1916. So they had a strong emotional connection and there was strong need for immediate action. The event happened and was corraborated by other women in the room. There were several other events like that one that happened to her. I won't bore you with details.

Now, was she 'psychic'? Well, if we define the term to include instances such as I have related, yes. Does that mean it was 'paranormal'? Once again, we can change our definition to be more or less inclusive at will. But my feeling is that these instances weren't 'magical' in that they violated any physical laws; it's just that we have incomplete understanding of what is really going on. I have an inherent faith that science will be able to 'catch up' to these events and be able to explain them the same way science caught up with electricity and now presents a solid foundation for harnessing it. It's slow going because science does not change paradigms easily, but it can happen, as it did from a Newtonian view of reality to that of quantum mechanics. Evidence for this sort of self is inherently anecdotal, which is one of the reasons science has such a hard time dealing with it.

Well they are paranormal until we can explain them normally.

But in reality Ill bet that all the paranormal things we see and hear about will be explained by quantmn or other (to be found) theories of physics. Already some of the properties of the holographic theory of the universe, explains what we currently see as paranormal. One thing is clear though - man cna cess information remoet in time and space.

Whether you call it psychic or paranormal - its just a play on words. Its outside what we currently class as normal behaviour.

I'm absolutely convinced some people have 'psychic' abilities, but that doesn't mean they are predictive.
If you show a psychic ability you can also use this predictively - it doest mean it is predictive by its nature of course. For example alot of the rv work i do is on targets form the past therefore not predictive.

daz

Well they are paranormal until we can explain them normally...Whether you call it psychic or paranormal - its just a play on words. Its outside what we currently class as normal behaviour.

That's fine of you want to use that definition, even though it floats. I'm suggesting otherwise. I'd rather not play on words; I'd rather have a more precise definition. What I am suggesting is that 'paranormal' has the connotation of violating the laws of physics when, in fact, certain psychic experiences don't violate them at all, if only we knew the mechanism behind it. I'm trying to take out the 'woo-woo' factor to get to the point where we can discuss these issues without having them thrown in the same basket as religious salvation, aliens from Zeta Reticuli, and every other crackpot idea ever conceived or believed in by a gullible population and placed in the same 'paranormal' basket.

If you show a psychic ability you can also use this predictively - it doest mean it is predictive by its nature of course.

The issue I raised is in terms of mixing the two and treating them the same. Predicting the future as a 'psychic' is far different than having a psychic experience in the present day, such as the incident I related above. In terms of analyzing psychic issues, it is my contention that we should not mix the two up. I'm making a distinction between the two issues.

[FONT=&quot]I'd rather not play on words; I'd rather have a more precise definition. What I am suggesting is that 'paranormal' has the connotation of violating the laws of physics when, in fact, certain psychic experiences don't violate them at all, if only we knew the mechanism behind it. [/FONT]
But surely isn't this the crux of the this a play on words?
Psychic and paranormal are the same thing - this is no difference between any of the psychic methods, clairvoyance, mediumship, tarot, remote viewing, precog. its all both psychic and under the umbrella term of paranormal. And will ALL in time be explained (IMO) by physics that we don't yet understand. As for your more precise definition - this will ahve to wait for physics to catchup up - at the moment I would say the holographic theory is the one that holds water for the attributes we called psychic or paranormal and it will probably come form this theory.

[FONT=&quot]Predicting the future as a 'psychic' is far different than having a psychic experience in the present day, such as the incident I related above. [/FONT]
No its not - the only diference is one is sought out the other is natural occurrence. Its all the same Trust me ive spent all my life having and doing both - its all the same. There is no difference in data quality or experience form having a psychic precog dream to me going out and getting remote viewing data for a client. If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck - its a probably a duck.

If you are sure its different - what are the factors or properties that mark this difference?

All the best...
daz

A while ago i took a look at various psychics claims and as expected they mostly turned out to be nonsense.

Ands its so easy to see... these psychics claim to have abilities of being able to predict the future etc, at a rate of 70-80%, and then use these 'abilities' to charge people extortionate amounts for reading their future.

IF they actually had any abilities, even at 60% accuracy or less, then they would not only be able to make serious money predictive gambling, but they would also be able to sell their services to the business world to predict stocks and shares etc. Then they would be able to predict all those poor worried peoples futures for free because they wouldnt need the money.
Of course this never happens, and they take the money by fooling people into thinking they are helping.

Now granted not every psychic charges, but the fact still remains they would be the richest people in the world if they had any ability, not to mention working for the CIA.

A while ago i took a look at various psychics claims and as expected they mostly turned out to be nonsense.

Well I cant offer anything for these people - but you can clearly see on my site various examples of predictive remote viewing work (all done BLIND) and the betting slips showing wins.

Ands its so easy to see... these psychics claim to have abilities of being able to predict the future etc, at a rate of 70-80%, and then use these 'abilities' to charge people extortionate amounts for reading their future.
WEll a a remoet viewer I dont do this type of thing so cnat comment on it - Im not saying ALL psychcics or even psychics have a 70-80% accuracy rate. I do and I know other rmeot viewers who do. As to charging people extorionate amounts of money -I dont do this either. ALL the misisng
perosns work I do is FREE and this is over 40+ casses in 18 months.

IF they actually had any abilities, even at 60% accuracy or less, then they would not only be able to make serious money predictive gambling, but they would also be able to sell their services to the business world to predict stocks and shares etc. Then they would be able to predict all those poor worried peoples futures for free because they wouldnt need the money. Of course this never happens, and they take the money by fooling people into thinking they are helping.

Sounds like youve just been mixing with the wrong psychics - I know many people who using remoet viewing make money form betting on outcomes of sports and other events and stocks. As I said a few exmaples of my fun plays are on my website - it works - not all the time but consistantly enough to make money - but you also have to remmebr there is more to life than money.

Now granted not every psychic charges, but the fact still remains they would be the richest people in the world if they had any ability, not to mention working for the CIA.

Many of the people I work with DID work for the CIA - in various projects like Stargate, grill Flame and many others - for over 20 years.
Look at my site for the history and some of the FOIA CIA documents and youll see what I mean.

all the best...

Daz

Daz,

I was just looking over your site - fascinating stuff. I have to admit, I'm not deeply informed on the topic.

So are you willing to come on the show and talk to us about remote viewing? We've only dealt with the topic once, if memory serves me correctly, perhaps we need to have someone come on and educate us about this area. Are you interested? I hope so.

dB

Yep,
by all means. Just PEM me and we can arrange a date and time.
Not only am I a long time practitioner, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the CIA/DIA/MILITARY psychic spying programs programs as I have read most of the 89,000 pages release through the FOIA.

all the best...

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back