• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Dark Matters Radio

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
To all the fans and friends of Dark Matters Radio,

Back in January of 2010, this incarnation of DMR began transmission on CyberstationUSA. I have to say, even with the occasional problems we had with equipment and with the Internet, I think we had a great run. Considering the years of interviews I conducted and the live Friday night shows with Richard Sarradet, I believe we met our audience’s expectations of excellence in broadcasting. After review of this last year with DMR, with our continuing equipment problems and Richard’s health issues, I have decided that this incarnation of DMR has come to a close. Will this be the final chapter? Well, much like Sean Connery’s fate when he vowed to NEVER play James Bond again: “Never Say Never.” For the foreseeable future, CyberstationUSA will continue to “air” DMR in repeat broadcasts of past shows, but no new programming is planned in this venue.

At this point I want to take a moment to sincerely thank all of the friends and fans of Dark Matters Radio and let you know how much Rich and I appreciate and have appreciated your support. It really does mean a lot to both of us. So for now, I will say thank you again, and let’s see how all this will shake out down the road.

Best wishes,
dmr_logo.jpg

Don

I think you guys can make a great return when you're ready. With a growing demand for a return to a nuts-and-bolts/expansive approach to ufology (instead of the New Agey-Disclosure-Roswell-ETH domination that is finally losing its grip), DMR could really be among the top shows on the road ahead as it has been so far. Hate to see you guys be away for too long.

Does this change of tides give you an opportunity for you to appear on the Paracast more often? (I hope so)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Without wishing to pry about the nature of Richard's health I'd just like to say that I wish him a full and speedy recovery and to also convey my best wishes to both of you. I shall definitely miss the show and I hope that the possibility of a return is not entirely ruled out.
All the best, Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without wishing to pry about the nature of Richard's health I'd just like to say that I wish him a full and speedy recovery and to also convey my best wishes to both of you. I shall definitely miss the show and I hope that the possibility of a return is not entirely ruled out.
All the best, Dave.

Rich has been making a slow recovery, but it is a recovery. Unlike Sean Connery back in the day, I will never say never. Keep your words light and sweet in case you ever find your self having to eat them! :)

Thank you for your note Dave .. and your concern. Keep looking ... UP!

Decker

Rich has been making a slow recovery, but it is a recovery. Unlike Sean Connery back in the day, I will never say never. Keep your words light and sweet in case you ever find your self having to eat them! :)

Thank you for your note Dave .. and your concern. Keep looking ... UP!

Decker

Ah, hi Don - great to hear that Rich is on the mend and I'll continue to keep him and his family in my thoughts. Please don't be a stranger in what - hopefully - will be a hiatus, a return visit to the Paracast would certainly be a welcome event so far as I'm concerned.
Yours, looking up always. [emoji6]

Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still believe Dark Matters has the best catalog of quality radio interviews found anywhere. Don has interviewed everyone who was ever anyone, and his style coupled with a no BS approach, really make his interviews more interesting and the guests more focused. I REALLY hope that DMR can make a comeback in some capacity. With the advent of better and cheaper audio equipment, skype, and/or even podcasting, there is a place for some iteration of DMR, even if its a bi-monthly endeavor.

I still believe Dark Matters has the best catalog of quality radio interviews found anywhere. Don has interviewed everyone who was ever anyone, and his style coupled with a no BS approach, really make his interviews more interesting and the guests more focused. I REALLY hope that DMR can make a comeback in some capacity. With the advent of better and cheaper audio equipment, skype, and/or even podcasting, there is a place for some iteration of DMR, even if its a bi-monthly endeavor.

Obviously, having Don Ecker serve as alternate Paracast host would be ideal, given his knowledge and years of experience in this area. He probably isn't that interested though since he largely got sick of the UFO field. But maybe once in while, alternating with Goggs, Curt Collins and others when Chris is on special assignment would work.

I'm sorry to hear that the show will be no more. I kind of suspected it as new episodes were not appearing on my podcast app very often.

A big thank you Don and Rich and all the other's involved in the show. I always enjoyed hearing your banter week after week - listening to the show I felt like I was in the same room as you guys, your guests and the various people who called in.

My wishes go to Rich's recovery - I know from personal experience these things are not often speedy and full of high's and lows physically and mentally.

I hope to hear from you again Don (on other radio shows / podcasts) and hopefully one day from Rich too.

I'm sorry to hear that the show will be no more. I kind of suspected it as new episodes were not appearing on my podcast app very often.

A big thank you Don and Rich and all the other's involved in the show. I always enjoyed hearing your banter week after week - listening to the show I felt like I was in the same room as you guys, your guests and the various people who called in.

My wishes go to Rich's recovery - I know from personal experience these things are not often speedy and full of high's and lows physically and mentally.

I hope to hear from you again Don (on other radio shows / podcasts) and hopefully one day from Rich too.

Rich makes a great guest on Greg Bishop's show. They did a handful of episodes that were excellent. Perhaps, Rich would be open to that in the future.

To all the fans and friends of Dark Matters Radio,

Back in January of 2010, this incarnation of DMR began transmission on CyberstationUSA. I have to say, even with the occasional problems we had with equipment and with the Internet, I think we had a great run. Considering the years of interviews I conducted and the live Friday night shows with Richard Sarradet, I believe we met our audience’s expectations of excellence in broadcasting. After review of this last year with DMR, with our continuing equipment problems and Richard’s health issues, I have decided that this incarnation of DMR has come to a close. Will this be the final chapter? Well, much like Sean Connery’s fate when he vowed to NEVER play James Bond again: “Never Say Never.” For the foreseeable future, CyberstationUSA will continue to “air” DMR in repeat broadcasts of past shows, but no new programming is planned in this venue.

At this point I want to take a moment to sincerely thank all of the friends and fans of Dark Matters Radio and let you know how much Rich and I appreciate and have appreciated your support. It really does mean a lot to both of us. So for now, I will say thank you again, and let’s see how all this will shake out down the road.

Best wishes,
dmr_logo.jpg

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been checking your site regularly . This explains the lack of updates :)
To say that im sad to see the show is done arent just empty words from me. I would without any hesitation put your show in the top 3 mystery podcasts and thats saying something considering every other person has a podcast these days. And your best shows ( roundtables , exposés, hollywood minute , sarradet fridays etc ) are among the best episodes of any podcast period.

Back