• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Swiss Watch Found in an Ancient Tomb?

A Swsis Watch Found in an Ancient Tomb?

It's obviously a bad joke.

Just a quick couple of notes to anyone making new threads:

- Please make sure that there isn't an existing thread on the topic you're about to post.

- PLEASE make sure that the spelling of the thread is correct before actually making the thread (Swsis?), for some reason, it's a major pain to change thread names after the fact, unless I'm not understanding something about how this forum software works. Gene, any insights to offer along those lines?

dB

- Please make sure that there isn't an existing thread on the topic you're about to post.

- PLEASE make sure that the spelling of the thread is correct before actually making the thread (Swsis?), for some reason, it's a major pain to change thread names after the fact, unless I'm not understanding something about how this forum software works. Gene, any insights to offer along those lines?

dB

Ooops, my bad guys. Sorry. I was in a hurry.

dB

I just figured out how to edit titles/headlines. I've tried before without success. Mods may have a different screen than admins. On my screen, just go to thread tools, then edit thread, and there you can type in any corrections in the heading/title. I typed in Swiss for the heading, however I noticed the title in the replies was still borked.

This ring watch is making the rounds on the net. Viral marketing til proven otherwise is my current stance.

Why is there no names associated with the story? Surely the people who discovered the item if real would give there names?

Anyway let us wait and see i have my doubts on this story being geniune.

When I read this story the other day I thought of the movie Timeline.

I'm going to bet this is some kind of joke, or somebody was recently there before these guys started excavating and dropped the ring.

obviously the swiss make excellent watches, so well made they control time itself. seriously though I would bet that it is a mistake, dropped by someone at some modern point in time. Have you ever dropped a thumbtack and looked for it for a long time only to find it someplace weird and unlikely? you say to yourself "How the hell did it get there?" but it did get there just by being dropped. It fell out of someone's pocket and bounced through a crack in the tomb or something. As for the determined age, who knows. I don't remember them mentioning how they determined the age of the watch. Or it could be from a swiss time machine, complete with a foldout spoon, fork, and compass.

Back