• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

a recent odd event

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
I don't know what to make of this. my twin girls coming home with 2 friends my 2nd daughter thought she had a light walked into the street all say a car was about to hit her. she saw the car.. then next second she is on her back at the curb! the car in question whizzing by.. she was in the street all saw her one was screaming when she was back at the curb. upon questioning my daughter said she felt if pushed hard and she felt like she was flying..
so what to make of it...all stories are the same... truly odd. and yes I am happy she was not hurt.. or worse..

Hey Bob! Firstly, thank god she wasn't hurt. As for explanations, without me actually proposing a paranormal one, I have heard of many stories of people being miraculously saved from imminent danger by unseen hands - many attribute such cases to 'angels' or positive spirits etc. What is really interesting here is the other witnesses....

all they saw was one sec she was going to be hit the next she was on the curb no lights no angels no nothing no one saw any supernatural beings..my 2nd daughter follows me and simply says" I must have jumped"

Two possibilities come to mind (I am sure there are others): first, that she did indeed jump back somehow (the subconscious took over), but what I thought of at once was her being pushed back by the force of the car. Also, depending on their angle of sight they may not have seen the whole of the event, and it is possible that the car veered and in doing that created the force wave that pushed her back, or someone in the car leaned out and pushed her. Total speculation, of course, since I know nothing of the circumstances, the size of the car, the exact sequence of events, the spatial set-up.

Two possibilities come to mind (I am sure there are others): first, that she did indeed jump back somehow (the subconscious took over), but what I thought of at once was her being pushed back by the force of the car. Also, depending on their angle of sight they may not have seen the whole of the event, and it is possible that the car veered and in doing that created the force wave that pushed her back, or someone in the car leaned out and pushed her. Total speculation, of course, since I know nothing of the circumstances, the size of the car, the exact sequence of events, the spatial set-up.

I was certain you would say climate change or CO2 caused the odd event.

The same thing happened with my wife when she was a teenager. She feels like she was whisked across the street to safety and her friend didn't understand how she got across the street. She was about to be hit and then she was across the street.

I don't know what to make of this. my twin girls coming home with 2 friends my 2nd daughter thought she had a light walked into the street all say a car was about to hit her. she saw the car.. then next second she is on her back at the curb! the car in question whizzing by.. she was in the street all saw her one was screaming when she was back at the curb. upon questioning my daughter said she felt if pushed hard and she felt like she was flying..
so what to make of it...all stories are the same... truly odd. and yes I am happy she was not hurt.. or worse..
Do some investigating. Contact the parents of the witnesses and ask if they can ask their children what happened and see if the stories match. Go to the location. See if it's possible what was described could have happened the way it was described. You know the drill. If this is a true story then it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore it further. Who knows what might happen?

Vesve, so glad to hear that your daughter is okay. Just looking at a more mundane explanation, could it have been that the car veered slightly and your daughter was clipped by the wing mirror for example, knocking her clear out of harms way, with everything happening very quick? That's not to discount the possibility of a guardian angel or similar intervening either, but just an Occam's Razor view.

Back