• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A Personal Note

My sincerest sympathy and condolences.
I don't know whether it's because I've simply been paying more attention lately, but we seem to be suffering a plague of brain cancers, especially among people who seem far too young to be afflicted with such a terrible disease.

David, I am very sorry your family has lost a valued member. Some of us are blessed to have in-laws who become true family - makes it much harder to say goodbye, but adds so much more to your life while you have them in it.
My best to you and yours.

My best wishes for the easing of pain for you guys too, David. Sounds like Amy loved with passion. What a gift she left you.

My heart goes out to you and your family, David. My 42 yr old brother died of stomach cancer a year ago, followed by my dad five days later. Life is unpredictable, inexplicable and never fair. All we can do is make the most of the time we have and contribute as much as we can. And you, David, contribute a whole lot to this world. I hope you find solace in friends and family, and in the many lives you touch. Peace be with you and yay Marlins!

My condolences Dave,
Bhuddists believe that the final greatest achievement in one's life is the successful conclusion of life.
-When the mortal, hath put on immortality.
My hopes that Amy is well-remembered.
Rob.

ps. thanks for doing a solo show Gene.
Look forward to listening.

I too am sorry to hear the news . . . I wish there was something to say that could make it better but there isn't.

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts. It's been a shitty couple of weeks, and reading this thread lightens my load a bit. Much appreciated.

dB

Hang in there bud, she's out of pain and now knows all the answers to all the questions that we've all been asking! You are both in our fondest thoughts.

These very words sprang to me after a recent loss in my own family, and formed part of a eulogy.
I hope they may bring compassion to your sorrow, although they are just words,...

As we suffer the slings and arrows,
Passing slow through life's great narrows,
Fear ye not, the darkest shadow,
Forsaking grief for fragrant meadow,
For in such anguish we may find,
The hearts of those we leave behind,
The caring laughter, brightest smiles,
That helped us pass the weary miles,
The favored words, manner and foods,
Reflect in us, and live to move,
Into our minds and breath and soul,
Will echo those who touched our whole.
Alas the pain shall hold us fast,
And not forget the ones who passed.

Be well, and hope to hear from you again soon dB,...

Back