• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A new theory on time travel....I think.

You see this in reading too? Just curious.

Well I'm going to assume you were talking about what I wrote about writing posts. If it's not just ignore this.

When I read I transpose letters and words. Sometimes even add some. For me the most notable incidents are I used to always read "Galactus" as "Galacticus" and "CORBA" as "COBRA". These are notable because some comic book collectors and some programmers are picky about language. I read backwards writing without noticing it's backwards.

Mostly I just take my time in reading or writing because sometimes I miss the gist of what I'm reading or fail to convey what I want to say. Ultimately I spend my time with the written word asking lots of questions to make sure I clearly understood what I read.

Speaking of time (and wasting it?) Andrew Basiago presented at the aptly-named UFOCON on Saturday. I forgot where I was and what I was doing, but it wasn't sitting at rapt attention in the auditorium listening to his over-the-top, but (from what I heard) sober, matter-of-fact presentation. During the speaker's Q/A panel last night he addressed a question from the audience that seemed to indicate that as young "chrono-naut" Andy, was sent back to hear Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. Now, understand, I have not spent a spare minute researching his story that on the surface sounds like a weird 21st Century Grimm's fairy tale, i.e., Barry Sotero was sent to Mars and met Basagio and Laura Eisenhower (another UFOCON speaker, btw) after being trained by Ed Dames, who has publicly denied any involvement in the "DARPA" program...... you get my drift... If these people are telling the truth (doubtful) it's one thing--you'd think the claims would have gained traction, but if they are disinfo agents sent in to stir things up, why introduce the time-travel angle now? What would be the agenda behind using the concept to bring attention to the subject? Basagio is a very bright, articulate guy (w/ absolutely nothing besides his word to back up his claims) and , as I see it, he is either telling the truth, delusional or a willing participant in a disinfo campaign. Why else would he appear in the sorry field of ufoology w/ such fantastic claims? Anyone have a take on his story?

Hey! I know, let's get him on the PARACAST!

Speaking of time (and wasting it?) Andrew Basiago presented at the aptly-named UFOCON on Saturday. I forgot where I was and what I was doing, but it wasn't sitting at rapt attention in the auditorium listening to his over-the-top, but (from what I heard) sober, matter-of-fact presentation. During the speaker's Q/A panel last night he addressed a question from the audience that seemed to indicate that as young "chrono-naut" Andy, was sent back to hear Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. Now, understand, I have not spent a spare minute researching his story that on the surface sounds like a weird 21st Century Grimm's fairy tale, i.e., Barry Sotero was sent to Mars and met Basagio and Laura Eisenhower (another UFOCON speaker, btw) after being trained by Ed Dames, who has publicly denied any involvement in the "DARPA" program...... you get my drift... If these people are telling the truth (doubtful) it's one thing--you'd think the claims would have gained traction, but if they are disinfo agents sent in to stir things up, why introduce the time-travel angle now? What would be the agenda behind using the concept to bring attention to the subject? Basagio is a very bright, articulate guy (w/ absolutely nothing besides his word to back up his claims) and , as I see it, he is either telling the truth, delusional or a willing participant in a disinfo campaign. Why else would he appear in the sorry field of ufoology w/ such fantastic claims? Anyone have a take on his story?

Yeah I'm going with the delusional hypothesis after listening to several interviews of his and pointing out some of the downright craziness in his story, like meeting beings that looked like (and these are his exact words from the interview) the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when he traveled to Mars as a teenager. There's also the fact that he wrote a paper that he sent to the National Geographic Society about his "proof" of life on Mars before he made up this whole time travel thing, (imo anyway) in the paper he describes himself as being very surprised at finding signs of life on Mars in blurry old Mars rover photographs. If he traveled to Mars as a child and observed Martian life, why would he be surprised to find evidence of it? You would think he would be the complete opposite of surprised. Anyway, if you listen to any of his interviews he holds an extremely high opinion of himself and his "contributions" to the search for life on Mars, comparing himself to Galileo and other famous scientists. I'd say delusional describes him perfectly, but that's just my opinion of course.

"The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible." But seriously, the only way it would be hypothetically possible to manipulate time in a sci-fi fashion is to have outside control of the universe in which we reside, and I seriously doubt the US government qualifies as masters of the universe. Not to mention that if they were, you'd think they'd have solved a whole lot more problems than they have by now.

if they are disinfo agents sent in to stir things up, why introduce the time-travel angle now? What would be the agenda behind using the concept to bring attention to the subject? Basagio is a very bright, articulate guy (w/ absolutely nothing besides his word to back up his claims) and , as I see it, he is either telling the truth, delusional or a willing participant in a disinfo campaign. Why else would he appear in the sorry field of ufoology w/ such fantastic claims? Anyone have a take on his story?

Hey! I know, let's get him on the PARACAST!

I'm going to "follow the money" on this one. After a quick search I discovered that Basiago is on the "Advisors Board" at Exo University and time travel is one of the courses of study they teach in their "exo science/psi science" program. It seems he's the lecturer for the topic.

That's just off the top of my head. More research may reveal more but I'm going with the money speculation.

The way he speaks about his experience raises a lot of question

this guy somes up what i believe time is:

More importantly for me was how this piece wove together some recurring themes fom the forum as a whole: perception as something that happens in our heads making reality a suspicious experience at best, consciousness as an accident of science vs. something that creates thought forms that can interact beyond an indivudual's experience and finally how our cultural imprinting shapes so much of how we use consciosness to help define our time based perceptions, thus making UFO's both intangible and definable in only the limited ways our culture allows us to think about the UFO.

Thanks for this video as it really synthesized many threads for me. Who is it speaking?

I am not sure I can even distill any meaning from these words: "time travel"

Firstly you need to know what time is, aside from the abstract notions that interfere (created in our heads, so to speak). If Kant is correct regarding the notion that time is a category presented by our minds, then we are already in trouble regarding the objective component of time. But throw away dualism and the problem re-manifests itself in the question of being in and of itself, which can only be mediated by an in and for itself -- if I can permit myself to use hegelian terminology. In modern terms, the "self" is simply a simulation model of the world the simulates and regulates the interface of objective bodily presence with the world. In this respect there is no difference really between the mind and the world.

So I have a problem extracting a notion of time outside of this simulation and the question becomes a broader one of the very foundation of being and consciousness. Somewhere--I think--lies a contradict that prohibits any kind of "time travel"...not sure though.

ive got an actual time travel experience that makes makes alot of sense and it took me three times till i realize it is what is was doing , i went back to 1981 which was the first time saw the house i lived in,saw me as a young kid had to be about 5 yrs old ,saw my middle bother he was about 2 ,now this is where i believe you can interact ,here i was throwing rocks at myself because i didn't know who i was but a stranger ,#2 1992 i was in junior high i watched my self talking to my high school friend having a conversation with the other me ,i was only observing ,no interference of course you arent gonna know any better because you think its just a dream ,#3 visiting my dad before he passed back in Nov of 2013 ,the third time is when i caught on ,to what i was doing ,,i dont believe we can change the past but,we can intersect with it ,i got to see my dad before he passed ,i could not change the fact that the strke he had was going to take him ,i knew it was going to happen but the good part was i got to see him was most important ,now the method was it in a mental state so it seemed but when know one was around could have possibly have been real ?,it felt nothing like any dream ,interesting thing also is i cannot dream at night ,even if i wanted to i cant ,heres the god part ,the doorway opens for about 3 hrs till dark after that you return ,the windlow closes ,,we cant control the window we have but the doorway is there ,we cant control when it closes ,but it wont let you stay there ,,i beleive that the X patterns that LIGO OBSERVATORY detected between the earth and the sun have an affect on this doorway or window ,it causes a CTC on earth tis like the past runs parallel at certain times of the evening and it could also an explanation to other odd events with no explanation <<<<to be continued>>>>>

Firstly you need to know what time is, aside from the abstract notions that interfere (created in our heads, so to speak). If Kant is correct regarding the notion that time is a category presented by our minds, then we are already in trouble regarding the objective component of time. But throw away dualism and the problem re-manifests itself in the question of being in and of itself, which can only be mediated by an in and for itself -- if I can permit myself to use hegelian terminology. In modern terms, the "self" is simply a simulation model of the world the simulates and regulates the interface of objective bodily presence with the world. In this respect there is no difference really between the mind and the world.

So I have a problem extracting a notion of time outside of this simulation and the question becomes a broader one of the very foundation of being and consciousness. Somewhere--I think--lies a contradict that prohibits any kind of "time travel"...not sure though.

This might help: Time = change. It's about that simple, or at least that's the kernel from which it all makes sense ( for me ). From there we come up with various units of measurement for time based on whatever sort of change the measurement is associated with. But ultimately if nothing within a given frame of reference changes in any way, there is no time within that frame of reference.

Time travel topic seems to capture all types of theories. Reading an article few weeks ago in national paper on near death experience which I think been posted on here before? The study of 500 odd folks who were in palliative care from 2012-2016 which the folks reported communications with close friends or dead love ones . Is the human brain traveling through time at these moments and the study seem to show death came not long after these events. Similar to Sci-fi movie John Carter which the human body is left and the mind travels thus uploading the information to next network of life? Furthermore, referring to Bob Lazar historical case and his work with in so called hidden projects was the effects of those unknowns craft able to create a time travel looping process around UFO eyewitness due to vehicle interferences and jumping through time. Also the horrors of the work of David Paludis great books on missing folks and is weather able to imitate time travel which victims are killed in the process of being moved at such supersonic forces to another location while being suffocated?

So I have a problem extracting a notion of time outside of this simulation and the question becomes a broader one of the very foundation of being and consciousness. Somewhere--I think--lies a contradict that prohibits any kind of "time travel"...
Been talking to ETs I see. :)

Back