• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A ‘haunted’ playground swing (vid)

PP, thanks for posting that article and clip. I had heard about this situation from some friends of mine in Buenos Aires, where it was big news this last summer (note that this incident happened in Argentina). The video is odd as hell.

Np, David.

At first I wasn't impressed, and the swing looked like someone had just tied a string to it etc. After awhile it did get interesting. Plus scientists have reportedly looked into it and came up stumped. I wonder if there are any photos of any apparitions.

If anyone comes across anymore info. on this, or an explanation, please post. Thanks.

Once something starts swinging I don't think it takes much more energy to increase its speed. I wonder what is under the ground there...like a subway or something.

Once something starts swinging I don't think it takes much more energy to increase its speed.

A engineering friend who saw the video said that it was possible that the swing hung correctly, dipped on one side maybe, to catch a breeze the others could not. If so, the natural action of the swing might increase with the speed of wind within the breeze. Seemed plausible.

CinderMoltenHowl said:
Looking at the people in the background though there is no or little breeze.

I too thought of string.

Do you believe in the string theory ;)

I love your name. I would like to trade. If I didn't hate my name so much, I'd ask you to marry me and we could have a paracast wedding. Like one of those KISS weddings. We could paint our faces like Gen and Dave.

Hmm..

I don't have much luck with the men - at least the intelligent ones.

That is why I currently have Dick C as my partner.

Still the thought of painting my face......a delicious thought that I will let linger.

Here's another vid I think. The swings look the same so I guess it's the same place. I'm unable to understand the language.

Sounds very windy in this one.

I could be wrong, but the swing doesn't behave as if there were a spirit "sitting" and swing on it. Would it twist so much I wonder? If an entity is involved, it's as if it's pushing the swing not "in" it.

Wonder if any thermal imaging or electromagnetic testing has been done.

Anyone here live in the area of that swing?

I'm going with the bet that there is a subway beneath it, or something moving the ground ever so slightly. Then perhaps because of the position of the swings, the middle one takes most of the momentum or something. Just a theory of course but I dont think its string. Maybe wind though.

It would be interesting to try and recreate the anomoly with a scale model..

Now that is just fucking weird. It looks to me like some sort of magnetic effect - I know they said they looked into that but it really does look that way.

Here's another vid I think. The swings look the same so I guess it's the same place. I'm unable to understand the language.

Sounds very windy in this one.

I could be wrong, but the swing doesn't behave as if there were a spirit "sitting" and swing on it. Would it twist so much I wonder? If an entity is involved, it's as if it's pushing the swing not "in" it.

Wonder if any thermal imaging or electromagnetic testing has been done.

Anyone here live in the area of that swing?
I think it is just the wind, people around the swing where wrapped up tight in there jackets, that applys it was fairly cold or a windy day . Plus the interference on the video itself would be caused by wind and the blowing of something like a paper bag near the swing suggests that was the reason for the swing to go like it did.:)

No way that could be the wind. The other swings were completely still compared to the middle one. Its obviously not some ghost sitting in the swing though as there is no weight in it. You also dont hear the creaking that the other swing made when someone was swinging in it.

Back