• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A fabricated "real" haunted house! Shocking....I know!

Jeff Crowell

Paranormal Annoyance
So, on the south side of Indianapolis there used to be this house that belonged to a rather well-to-do family but went under care of a guy by the name of Matt Speck. Speck(er) had a 10 year contract to care for the grounds and lawn around the house on behalf of the family, but ended up working out a deal with the owner to open it up as a 'real' haunted house......a haunted attraction for paranormal investigators. He called it Blackmoon Manor. Apparently you can do that now....snap your fingers and a dilapidated old house suddenly becomes haunted. Oh, but it was just over 100 years old so it HAD to be haunted, right? :rolleyes:

My team investigated the place and had some rather paranormal experiences but, within this last week, it's come out that Specker lied about a great deal of history and 'dark nature' of the house and it's former inhabitants. One mistake Specker made was the fact that a lot of the relatives he was bad-mouthing were still alive!

So a local newspaper did a write up on the house from the relatives perspectives, and I followed up with a blog posting. I could write much more, and probably will, when I have the time but if any are interested here it is. I include a link to the newspaper article in my blog. This is just another bad mark on the face of the paranormal community. Guys like Specker make this entire field of research look like a joke. Specker is the epitome of the word charlatan.

J.

So, on the south side of Indianapolis there used to be this house that belonged to a rather well-to-do family but went under care of a guy by the name of Matt Speck ...

We did the investigation, and honestly found some evidence of paranormal activity. Matt and Jen had left about an hour into it due to an approaching thunderstorm but we hashed it out until about 2:00 am.

What evidence?

ufology said:
Credibility is only one aspect of these discussions and I'm sure we'd all like to hear about the evidence you found.

Or maybe not. It's been really slow on the forum lately. Now it's gotten so bad I'm talking to myself.

Back