• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon

I was just having this conversation with my dad. He argued that he would have seen it, and it can't possibly be true, just another one of my impossible to back up conspiracy theories.

Then I sent him the video, and he replied that, "oh, yeah, I definitely saw that at some point".

G-Ddamn NeoCons.

How do you misplace $2.3 TRILLION?

Jesus on a Stick! I'm sorry, but seriously. And then, 9/11 happened, and the next news cycle continued until... well, it's still on. Through the election, apparently.

I was just having this conversation with my dad. He argued that he would have seen it, and it can't possibly be true, just another one of my impossible to back up conspiracy theories.

Then I sent him the video, and he replied that, "oh, yeah, I definitely saw that at some point".

G-Ddamn NeoCons.

How do you misplace $2.3 TRILLION?

Jesus on a Stick! I'm sorry, but seriously. And then, 9/11 happened, and the next news cycle continued until... well, it's still on. Through the election, apparently.
What did Judd Hirsch say in the movie Independence Day? Oh yes, you don't believe they really spend $700 on a toilet seat, do you?

Yes, money can be easily diverted to "other" purposes.

The military keeps bad records of where the money goes. I used to work for the military in a civilian job, and it is amazing how inaccurate they can be. Isn't there an author who claims that the Govt. is using it to build secret underground bases and fight an instellar war?

Over what period of time have these funds disappeared?

Presumably during the fiscal year 2000-2001. Or however often the pentagon does internal audits. Point is it's a shitload of taxpayers money, enough to have funded both wars up to this point and beyond and it's POOF! GONE!

2.3 trillion, hmmm, thats about 12,000 dollars for every man woman and child in the USA,give or take a thousand...........I freak when I loose a 20 dollar bill! WTF? Rumsfeild should pay it back by opening a shooting gallery and charging a very high price! Rummy has spent more money than anone in history,that we got nothing in return for.................He should go to Jail! Period!

2.3 trillion, hmmm, thats about 12,000 dollars for every man woman and child in the USA,give or take a thousand...........I freak when I loose a 20 dollar bill! WTF? Rumsfeild should pay it back by opening a shooting gallery and charging a very high price! Rummy has spent more money than anone in history,that we got nothing in return for.................He should go to Jail! Period!
Well, that alleged Wall Street bailout being considered now is pegged at $700, but many suggest it'll be three times that amount. So there goes another boatload of our money. :(

This money will have to be either printed, or borrowed from China. Both options will make the dollar worthLESS, which means more inflation which hurts the poor the worse. I happen to fall into that catagory as Im disabled and cannot work. I am Grateful I get a disability check and I found a cheap room to rent.otherwise I would be screwed. I do 4 hours a week volunteering at a food bank and its really short this year. People in nice cars come in for food. Im only 50 and it kills me that I cant do more. I am grateful that IM not having Grand Mal seizures lately just the petit mals which dont hurt me.
IM going to play some slide blues on my acoustic, that usually cheers me up!!
The sun is out also so I better get outside, Im near Seattle so we dont see a lot of sun, its sure beautiful when it comes though, I live near the beach.
Peace all
Tom

Let's not forget that $9 billion that Paul Bremer can't account for. It must be the complacency induced by fluoride in the water supply. I am baffled as to why some of these bastards haven't been tarred and feathered and catapulted over a cliff. If they give Henry Paulson $700 billion dollars...with no oversight on how it's spent...I think my fucking head is going to implode.

The other day I purchased ONE java log for $7.99. I had the store double check the price and was fairly shocked when this wasn't a mistake.

Tommyb98201,
Seattle area resident as well and you know that nine months of rain is just around the corner. It is very beautiful and green when the sun is out. I love the summers hear. I just wish that they lasted longer. How long have you had your siezure disorder?

Unless you are very rich I think many people are going to be affected. What a great mess Bush has left our country! I am sure it is more complicated than just Bush.

That amount of missing money is due to a lot of things. Yes, some black projects, some illegal activities, and a huge amount of government incompetence. When people in America realize that their government can't do anything right....never mind. Lets just sit here and vote the same idiots in over and over again and beg for them to take over healthcare too...I mean the government does so well with everything else those idiots meddle in dont they? ;)

When people in America realize that their government can't do anything right....never mind. Lets just sit here and vote the same idiots in over and over again and beg for them to take over healthcare too...I mean the government does so well with everything else those idiots meddle in dont they? ;)

You're right, it's much better to leave in the competant hands of private industry, like the fine people at Enron... er, Worldcom... no... Nortel? Lehman Brothers? Meryll Lynch? AIG? Hmmm.... maybe incompetence isn't a strictly governmental problem after all...

Back