• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

7/17/11 - Dennis Balthaser Episode

the Sphinx and Atlantis?!?!?

The word "Atlantis" does have a way of bringing the Woo Woo people out of the woodwork. But I still can't wrap my head around traditional academic explanations for ancient man's ability to move and place billions of tons of stone with incredible precision. The ropes-and-rollers explanation still seems lame to me.

The word "Atlantis" does have a way of bringing the Woo Woo people out of the woodwork. But I still can't wrap my head around traditional academic explanations for ancient man's ability to move and place billions of tons of stone with incredible precision. The ropes-and-rollers explanation still seems lame to me.

You don't have to buy ropes and rollers to avoid rushing immediately to the most unlikely of explanations. You know, people used to express amazement at the Roman's use of stonework -- only to finally figure out that much of what we thought was stonework was concrete. They were working with concrete, a technology widely used up until at least the 300's CE but then lost until the modern era. I'm not saying that concrete explains the Sphinx, the Pyramids, or other ancient megalithic monuments. But, just because we don't understand how these monuments were constructed doesn't mean that we need to embrace the most unusual of explanations before we consider anything else. When you say that there must be a connection to Atlantis, which is such a poorly documented concept in history, or that there must be a connection to Aliens, that is an extraordinary leap.

Back