• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

6/3 Show

I listened to the first part of this episode a day or two ago and have already commented on Sims.

Just now I finished listening to the second half with what's-her-name. Man you guys ROCK! You politely and civilly wiped the floor with her! I think you asked everything I was wanting to ask too. That's great. I bet she has never had an interview like that, and has probably never had to think that hard in her line of work.

She is a typical believe-it-all new-ager. I volunteer sometimes at a new age, metaphysical center locally, and her kind comes a dime a dozen unfortunately. I think sometimes hosts shy away from calling their guests out. This is probably because they're afraid they can't do it without being rude, but you guys proved you can question your guests and still be nice.

Tracie sounded awful! i was coding and listening to the interview at the same time. and when the 'i miss my lil friend' comment came up, i simply cudn't stop laughin, my colleague had to help me recover :p

seein the credibility of all these ppl reminds me of a peer reviewed article that appeared in the March 2004 issue of Qualitative Sociology. I don't have the complete article with me but i am kinda guessin as to wat might be in there. i will order it online and post it laterz.

The title is priceless:

The Flexibility of Scientific Rhetoric: A Case Study of UFO Researchers
:D

Here's the link to the Abstract Page

The Flexibility of Scientific Rhetoric: A Case Study of UFO Researchers - Qualitative Sociology

A.LeClair said:
Nice to see someone actually try the ideas instead of just deny them without testing them. Good for you.

Not really. Did you miss the part where the universe kicked my ass for asking? I still haven't recovered...

CapnG said:
Not really. Did you miss the part where the universe kicked my ass for asking? I still haven't recovered...

No, I don't know the details. So, you got what you asked for, but didn't like it? I'm not following. If the process didn't work, than you can't blame it no?

A.LeClair said:
No, I don't know the details. So, you got what you asked for, but didn't like it? I'm not following. If the process didn't work, than you can't blame it no?

No, no, I didn't get what I asked for. But instead of simply recieving nothing my life actually worsened immediately, so either the process doesn't work at all or the universe plays favorites by rewarding some with their merest whim and punishing others for having the gaul to make the request in the first place (even if it's an easy thing that should ,by all logical reasoning, happen anyway).

Hi there.

I'm still catching up on episodes and I just finished listening to this episode.

One thing that I think is telling is that when you asked Tracie if she found anyone's credibility lacking she said no. She interviewed Michael Horn last year. That should tell you about her researching abilities and how credulous she is. This is to say nothing about the false memories she has now due to hypnotic regression.

Back