• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

6/3 Show

scott

Skilled Investigator
This is my first posting. All the shows have been excellent. David and Gene are superb hosts. I particularly enjoyed the last show, not because the guests were conveying anything necessarily valid, but because--I think in a very gentle, artful way--David and Gene demonstrated the guests' lack of credibility. By letting Sims go on and on, I could hear the man is either certifiable, or beyond full of himself. Probably both. When David later explained that this guy doesn't believe in evolution--well, there you go. Nonetheless, his abduction stories--though tainted with attitude--make fascinating radio. If even one of them is true, we all need to look at this. I really liked Sims's conclusion, I have to say, that these "aliens" have appeared throughout history in whatever guise is most suitable or mystical for that current age. I think this is what Mac Tonnies has said.

I would love to have believed Tracie's accounts, or been drawn to check out another show--her show--but thanks to David's questions and input, I suspect her hypnotists were the ones responsible for her abduction memories. She referred to missing her little gray friend. Please. She mentioned David Sereda as one of her favorite guests. All you have to do is listen to his show on The Paracast to know what a name-dropper this guy is. If you have real footage of ET spacecraft, just be proud of your videos. Don't keep telling me how impressed everyone else is with you. And if you've got proof of a new form of energy, and a way to travel to another star system, you wouldn't need to hawk a DVD to get attention. After David B. exposed him to her for being a fraud, she should've been more curious. After all, her favorite guest is a fraud. I also loved how David B. nailed her on "The Secret." I couldn't agree more with his sentiments: The suffering people in Iraq and throughout the world are not suffering because they didn't know to ask for something better. Her retort was that they suffer because they can't imagine anything better. What incredible bull****. Like the people in Darfur can't imagine, don't want, don't dream of a time when they'll have peace and safety and enough to eat.

Thank you, David and Gene. We don't need another phony UFO show. We need to get serious about this subject--like you are trying to--because there is a link of some kind--I don't know what it is--between UFO's, extra dimensions, and ghosts. They are in and out of our reality. One day we'll understand these phenomena, but we need credible people doing the research. Even Thomas Edison was fascinated by the spirit world and desperate to invent a machine that could record the other side.
We need another Edison.

The mere fact Tracie felt NONE of the people she had ever interviewed were lacking in credibility or solid testimony pretty much removes any hope of critical thinking on her part.

As for Sims... well, what can be said that hasn't already? It would be interesting to check in with Leir and see what he says about those theft charges and other legal mishmash (at least he seems to be on the up-and-up).

Regarding the "Secret", I would think it's no secret by now; these people are nuts. It's called LUCK folks. Some have it and some don't. The fact that people who are lucky enough to get what they want out of life are attributing it to some magic genie out there granting their wishes because they asked real nice PO's me to no end (what with my chronic lack of luck and all).

YOU... GOT... LUCKY. That's all there is to it.

David's comments were perfect for knocking that house of cards down. Need more? Cancer patients, amputees and the blind.

Oh and David, I believe you were searching for the term "magical thinking" as the previous nomenclature for this so-called philosophy.

I haven't heard the part of the show involving to the Secret yet. I'm not a fan of the lady that was on, so I haven't been eager to listen to that part.

The lady who did the Secret is basically plagiarizing Abraham-Hick's stuff, which is some of my most favorite material. Entrepreneurs got a hold of some great ideas, cranked the dial way up on it and made it into a sort of infomercial that wants to sell itself, if that makes sense. There's some bad choice of words used by some of the people speaking in the Secret and this leads to some rather extreme and larger sounder claims than is reasonable. For example, "You can be whatever you want, or have whatever you want in life, if you know the secret.". No, you can't. I can't turn into a frog by visualizing. I can do some hypnosis that might make me experience what I think it would be like to be one though. In short, there are limits and time constraints on things as well as biological effects. The time aspect is dealt with in parts of the Secret though which is left out by many of the speakers. Try to view the Secret as many different people with similar ideas but with different ways of wording it. Some of them better than others.

Many of the ideas in the secret can be tested. I've done so over the years with great success. It's not easy, and you can't be as negative as you are positive or things stay the same. So people either try it or deny it. I could speak a lot more about this sort of paradigm, but I'm not out to convert anyone. The secret is part crap, part stupid, yet part brilliant and beneficial. Many hear little sound bites and say, "Pfft, yeah right" not knowing that the next clip not shown would change your mind and make you go, "OOoh, ok, I see what you're saying".

To the best of my knowledge this stuff has never been a Secret anymore than any other paradigm. It has simply been disbelieved and therefore few people paid attention to it, or thought it up etc. It goes against our conditioning.

Much of the Secret is also found in Jane Roberts-Seth material. Norman Vincent Peale, Neale Donald Walsh, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, certain "Quantum Physics" books etc. They are best selling authors yet their ideas are a secret..... Even Seth talked about limitations on the claims of being able to have what you want etc. That isn't stressed much at all in the Secret. He made a joke about given the class a gold star if they came into the next class with 3 legs. Implying that that isn't possible. A person that has two legs won't come in with 3 real legs 7 days later no matter how much visualizing they do. Seems like a safe bet to me at least.

Long time listener - first time poster

Just wanted to add my agreement with the previous posters. That Sims dude really ought to try Decaf.
Kudos to Gene and David for doing a tough job of bringing about credibility to the paranormal.
I just wish all the slack jawed yokels who believe the pablum from sNoory over at "Toast" would give this show a listen.

Peace:p

Crow said:
Long time listener - first time poster

Just wanted to add my agreement with the previous posters. That Sims dude really ought to try Decaf.
Kudos to Gene and David for doing a tough job of bringing about credibility to the paranormal.
I just wish all the slack jawed yokels who believe the pablum from sNoory over at "Toast" would give this show a listen.

Peace:p

He's not talking about me, we posted nearly the same time:)

A. Leclair, I agree with you. I sense that we all have the power to make changes--sometimes miraculous--by living as though we have already attained what we need. It's joyful to feel like you can improve your lot. But two things irk me about this latest marketing of "positive thinking": 1) It sounds awfully materialistic. It seems more spiritual and grounding to me to live fully in the present. 2) It's just this sort of denying of current reality that dominates the White House. These people decide their goals are working, live in their own soundbite world where their goals are working perfectly, while millions of Iraqis suffer and die, and some 3500 Americans are dead--for no reason at this point, other than to protect the little egos that dreamed up this fiasco in the first place.

"The Secret" was up on Google video for anyone who wants to watch it. Youtube has "What the %$# do we know?" if that's more your speed.

I don't believe either though and that's not just random disbelief. On two occaisions I've tried to practice what they preach. No need to go into details as to what I wanted, suffice it to say these were big things but easy things, well within the realm of probablitity of happening anyway, regardless of any "magical" influence.

In both cases not only did those things NOT happen but my life became significantly worse as a result. So in my case, if the Secret is "ask and ye shall recieve" then the footnote should be "my universal boot up your ass!"

CapnG, it's great that you did an experiment with it. It sucks that it didn't work, but the one aspect that strikes me as true about these ancient ideas is that every single thing is interconnected, absolutely related. So if for instance, I'm seeking a particular job, focus on that job, and by some miracle get it, then someone else who may have needed it more, didn't get it. If we're all interrelated, then my process for getting that job deprived someone else, and I've just created some sort of backlash--karma. The whole thing about getting what you want this way, without a consciousness plugged into "the whole," seems very materialistic and shallow, and in the end, has to create a backlash.

There are people across the planet who've been envisioning/feeling deeply for years with deep prayer or meditation a time of world peace, yet there's still too much war. I don't think "The Secret" has come through for them--or us. Maybe it's a slow process to raise the consciousness.

It's just incredible to me that this delightful-sounding woman, Tracie, would respond to David Biedny when he said that the people in Rwanda didn't starve because of a lack of vision with, "They don't really want these things in life to manifest. They're happy with a simple life because they know no other." For someone claiming they are so spiritual, these sentences are just like "Let them eat cake." She's got to be a phony.

CapnG said:
Youtube has "What the %$# do we know?"

IMO, Marlee Matlin and the visual fx were the only ones that were gud in it! otherwise, the movie simply used quantum mechanical concepts to suit its own agenda! the whole movie was full of flaws. it simply made a mockery of QM :mad: u simply cannot equate wat happens in the quantum universe to wat we observe in day to day life and cite it as an evidence y cognitive therapy wud work!

but wat sealed the deal for me was the fact it featured JZ Knight/Ramtha prominently!

For what its worth, I thought Mr. Sims was pretty far out there, but from what he said on the show, I think some people have misunderstood what he said about evolution. I don't think he was saying that he didn't believe in evolution. It seemed to me that he was saying he didn't think these particular "entities" evolved, i.e. that they were closer to being manufactured, because he didn't see any of the typical organs that we associate with a birthing/raising process such as a navel to pass nutrients through an attached umbilical cord and breasts to nurse a newborn. Without a biological reproductive process one wouldn't assume evolution, at least not as we now know it.
Maybe he's said or written other things elsewhere, I haven't looked for or read his other stuff, but from the recent Paracast show I didn't get the feeling he was particularly anti-evolution.
Just my $0.02.

neuromancer said:
IMO, Marlee Matlin and the visual fx were the only ones that were gud in it! otherwise, the movie simply used quantum mechanical concepts to suit its own agenda! the whole movie was full of flaws. it simply made a mockery of QM :mad: u simply cannot equate wat happens in the quantum universe to wat we observe in day to day life and cite it as an evidence y cognitive therapy wud work!

but wat sealed the deal for me was the fact it featured JZ Knight/Ramtha prominently!

I think "What the Bleep" was trying to convey our relationship to Chi or Prana, the living energy of matter, but I too was very disturbed by all the air time for Ramtha. This is not a trivial problem. Please check out a non-profit group that was investigating JZ Knight/Ramtha and what she was doing in the early 90's (a very long URL, I know):

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...s+paid&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari

A quote from the document, "Fear now reportedly permeates the teachings, as Knight's typical talk of impending natural and economic disasters gets more intense. Now she talks of space aliens conspiring with the government and feeding on human beings. She calls on people to build secret underground shelters stocked with two years worth of food so they can protect themselves when the aliens invade. Only Ramtha can teach people how to survive."

JZ Knight has become a multimillionaire since her books and speaking engagements and creation of her cult as a channeler of Ramtha. It seems to me she should be using her platform to warn against illegal wiretapping, torture, ignoring the needs of the planet, and pre-emptive war--not people-eating aliens.

I managed to get caught up on several shows last night and I have to say Mr. Sims really caught my attention with the claim that he had knowledge of more than one case of human abductees being mutilated and even left to die including children. This is a subject that it seems no one ever wants to mention in these discussions, mainly due to most everyone wanting to believe everything about this issue is benevolant. So then he mentions it in an almost casual manner, so here I am thinking, "Yeah, they're gonna stop him there." And you did, thanks by the way, but then he just goes off and tells a separate story about a mans eyes being removed surgically, completely blowing off the question which was about the children he mentioned, and at that point, I have to wonder what this guy is up to. First it's an outrageous claim to make if you're not going to offer any information on the subject let alone any evidence. Second, if there are cases of children being injured enough to die from an encounter, well, lets just say if that doesn't get these abductions the attention they deserve then nothing will.

So even if he was dileberately withholding information on this subject then I've lost pretty much all respect for anything he says beyond that point. But it seems more likely he was just making outrageous claims for effect and hadn't quite realized yet that his hosts weren't going to let him get away with it scott free.

scott said:
I think "What the Bleep" was trying to convey our relationship to Chi or Prana, the living energy of matter, but I too was very disturbed by all the air time for Ramtha. This is not a trivial problem. Please check out a non-profit group that was investigating JZ Knight/Ramtha and what she was doing in the early 90's (a very long URL, I know):

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...s+paid&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari

A quote from the document, "Fear now reportedly permeates the teachings, as Knight's typical talk of impending natural and economic disasters gets more intense. Now she talks of space aliens conspiring with the government and feeding on human beings. She calls on people to build secret underground shelters stocked with two years worth of food so they can protect themselves when the aliens invade. Only Ramtha can teach people how to survive."

JZ Knight has become a multimillionaire since her books and speaking engagements and creation of her cult as a channeler of Ramtha. It seems to me she should be using her platform to warn against illegal wiretapping, torture, ignoring the needs of the planet, and pre-emptive war--not people-eating aliens.

James Randi challenged her on her claims as well i guess!

nycjeff said:
For what its worth, I thought Mr. Sims was pretty far out there, but from what he said on the show, I think some people have misunderstood what he said about evolution. I don't think he was saying that he didn't believe in evolution. It seemed to me that he was saying he didn't think these particular "entities" evolved, i.e. that they were closer to being manufactured, because he didn't see any of the typical organs that we associate with a birthing/raising process such as a navel to pass nutrients through an attached umbilical cord and breasts to nurse a newborn. Without a biological reproductive process one wouldn't assume evolution, at least not as we now know it.
Maybe he's said or written other things elsewhere, I haven't looked for or read his other stuff, but from the recent Paracast show I didn't get the feeling he was particularly anti-evolution.
Just my $0.02.

I disagree. He spoke against evolution of life in this planet in a couple of c2c shows that i have heard. he spoke of the same in paracast alrite, in reference to wat u say, but he did elaborate on his non belief in evolution in one of the interviews in paranormal cafe beyond the point of the beings being manufactured and stuff. i have posted the link of the same in the Derrel Sims thread in the UFO forum. but wat he said in c2c about evolution and him being a christian was totally ridiculous.

Sims sounded like any drunk Vietnam vet found at the local VFW. All his stories are rambling, directionless, and feature him as the hero.

"The guys from X-Files asked me 10 times to do their show but I wouldn't. Finally they begged me, talking about how I'm ex-CIA, ex-military police, and a UFO expert, so I said 'ok'. I told them a story about Brazil. Then I told them off for stealing all their show ideas from me, and they admitted that they had . . . on camera!"

Right Sims . . . the producers of a Major TV show have nothing better to do than kiss your ass and beg you for some of your precious time. Have another lager.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Sims sounded like any drunk Vietnam vet found at the local VFW. All his stories are rambling, directionless, and feature him as the hero.

"The guys from X-Files asked me 10 times to do their show but I wouldn't. Finally they begged me, talking about how I'm ex-CIA, ex-military police, and a UFO expert, so I said 'ok'. I told them a story about Brazil. Then I told them off for stealing all their show ideas from me, and they admitted that they had . . . on camera!"

Right Sims . . . the producers of a Major TV show have nothing better to do than kiss your ass and beg you for some of your precious time. Have another lager.

-DBTrek

You know, speaking of his X-Files stories, didn't he say that when he gave the X-Files people information and "real" stories that they were too scary to be used? I believe he said something to that affect. I hope I am not mixing that up with another part of the interview, though I know he said something similar about the CNN crew (one of the top people in CNN no less).

Anyway, if that is what he said then it is bullsh!t. Chris Carter would have loved new disgusting, horrifying ideas for his stories. Nothing about the aliens was exactly 'benevolent' in that show, so why would he shy away from Sims' crazy crap? Did Sims actually watch the X-Files?

But anyway, this part of the interview aside, Sims basically spoke to us all like we were mindless, jelly-brained idiots desperate for a new leader in Ufology.

DBTrek said:

-DBTrek

Guess he's talkin about Seasons 8 and 9 in general. no wonder y the show wasn't the same as it used to be! :D

neuromancer said:
I disagree. He spoke against evolution of life in this planet in a couple of c2c shows that i have heard. he spoke of the same in paracast alrite, in reference to wat u say, but he did elaborate on his non belief in evolution in one of the interviews in paranormal cafe beyond the point of the beings being manufactured and stuff. i have posted the link of the same in the Derrel Sims thread in the UFO forum. but wat he said in c2c about evolution and him being a christian was totally ridiculous.

Interesting. Maybe I'll go check out the links. I wonder why he seemed to make a distinction in this show then. Oh well, back to regular work.

CapnG said:
"The Secret" was up on Google video for anyone who wants to watch it. Youtube has "What the %$# do we know?" if that's more your speed.

I don't believe either though and that's not just random disbelief. On two occaisions I've tried to practice what they preach. No need to go into details as to what I wanted, suffice it to say these were big things but easy things, well within the realm of probablitity of happening anyway, regardless of any "magical" influence.

In both cases not only did those things NOT happen but my life became significantly worse as a result. So in my case, if the Secret is "ask and ye shall recieve" then the footnote should be "my universal boot up your ass!"

Yeah, I DLed Secret on Ares.

First What the Bleep I liked, second one I didn't care for after the intro (which I did like). I haven't watched it all, due to not liking the half hour I did watch, after the intro.

Nice to see someone actually try the ideas instead of just deny them without testing them. Good for you.

I'm aware of some human mutilation cases. One case isn't that hard to find on the net, including pictures. It's gruesome or I would share the links. Instead I'll give key words to search in google for those interested. Keyword to use "Human Mutilation" surprise-surprise:) First link that came up is an article with pics at the bottom. The case happened in Brazil if I remember correctly.

If anyone has comments, I would like to read them. Here or anywhere else. Not sure if it's topic changing though.

Back