• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

1st June Show with Dr. Bernard Haisch

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I'm catching up, and so far this is within my top two episodes.

Bernard pretty much nailed it, in my opinion. Pretty much everything he said rang true with me and lines up with all of my studies and intuition. These are the ideas that allowed me to break free of my Christian upbringing.

I think that people calling this show "drivel" could use a bit more ego death, which is something I wish Dr. Haisch would have included a bit more in the conversation. If all that is is "God", than it may be safe to assume that the ego that has manifested itself within this oneness is "Satan" keeping ourselves from understanding what we are. Please don't confuse these terms for the biblical sense of the words, I mean nothing of the sort and am victim to our limited vocabulary.

And why would a God consciousness bother to create a way to experience this slower vibration of matter, existence we call it, without struggle, hardship, and pain? What would be the point? If everything was already "all good" within itself, the only way to experience anything other than the eternal sensation of wellness would be to manifest un-wellness within it. Like the episode of The Twilight Zone David mentioned about Heaven - how incredibly boring.

Now when the other intelligent beings within the universe eventually begin to interact, the experience will change drastically again. And then another, and another, and another...

Thanks for bringing this thread up again "dear earthling",

Like you this is probably my favourite show and I very much agree with your sentiments.

Since listening to this particular show numerous times and also having listened many times to The Clueless One. I have often thought it would be great to get Jeremy and Bernard together for a roundtable type discussion on The Paracast.

To get these two together just jamming on the whole God thing, and to hear Gene and Dave all together would be perfect for me at least and I think would make for a great show for everyone.

What do you think?

Mark

Thanks for the bump Jimbo.

I'll be off to download the show in a moment, but wanted to say I've been interested in the good doctors work for some time. It sounds like he didn't talk about it during the show (or maybe he did) as he was most likely promoting The God Theory, but it's his "Inflation Theory" and specifically his (and it seems to be re: the following) 'leaky' embargo hypothesis that has always deeply interested me. I'm gonna put up a bit here from his co-authored paper, Inflation-Theory Implications forExtraterrestrial Visitation. I'll be back to it from time to time as reference....

"Since the 1970s advocates of a covert ET presence in our vicinity have also been advancing their hypotheses or scenarios. They reject as improbable the assumption that space-faring ETs must be dominated by the most evil and aggressive of their kind— an assumption whose consequence would be that we should not be existing as a freely developing civilization within a fully colonized and/or explored galaxy. Contact optimists instead presume that many advanced ET groups are at least as ethical as we are, while still attending to their own safety and security. The ET motivation for space travel could be to increase their knowledge through exploration of space rather than to colonize and seek domination. Thus hypotheses have been set forth regarding why such ETs would be aware of our presence but not yet have contacted us overtly.

Among these are the zoo, nursery and quarantine or embargo hypotheses. Most of these posit that the ETs involved have frequently scouted us out semi-covertly and have concluded that we are either not yet mature enough for open contact, or not prepared for it, since any abrupt, overt contact could cause societal chaos and governmental downfalls. Also postulated is that ET interference with our society would prematurely bring an end to our civilization continued development if it occurred before our knowledge has progressed to the point that we could understand where the aliens could have originated and how great their head start over us could be. A serious inconsistency in this reasoning, however, is that maintenance of total ET covertness towards Earth and the solar system would still lead to societal chaos whenever the covertness or embargo was eventually lifted, unless the ETs carried out a programme of gradual disclosure—a ‘leaky’ embargo.

Although the zoo or embargo hypothesis may be unverifiable, the leaky-embargo hypothesis may be verifiable if the UFO evidence is taken into account. Much of this evidence appears to constitute just such a leak in the embargo: a grass-roots educational programme in the form of the phenomenon, which has been in operation since 1947, if not before. Many sightings have been of a nature to attract attention to their craft and let isolated groups of witnesses know that its occupants are aware of us. A key category of such cases involves reports wherein persons within a traveling vehicle frantically witness an object pacing them even though their automobile or aircraft makes turns that rule out the sighting of an astronomical or other ordinary object as any explanation. Similarly, in a number of the aircraft cases the unknown object, which was either pacing the aircraft or presenting itself to it, was detected on radar as well as visually. The object’s extraordinary appearance, maneuverability and oft-times coincidental interference with the vehicle’s electrical system additionally rule out mundane explanations. Although individual, localized and usually brief sightings may have provided sufficient evidence to be convincing to the observers and sighting analysts, the fact is that, since the widely-reported sightings began in 1947, no event has persisted in a prominent place a sufficient number of hours at a time, or demonstrated its abilities to enough witnesses at a time, for the news media to congregate and publicize it to the world. Nor have they left quite enough evidence behind to be totally convincing to very many scientists. We suspect that this chary behavior may be no accident.

To put it another way, from the viewpoint of investigators studying such phenomena, individual close-encounter and other sightings can be very intrusive and overt. However, from the viewpoint of the scientific community and society as a whole, this is not the case, because of the relative rarity in time and space of convincing sightings and because of the limited numbers of witnesses in most instances. The inference is that, by not providing sufficient evidence to make their reality totally obvious to scientists and society in general, the ETs are following a strategy or programme that avoids inflicting catastrophic shock to society as a whole, which any overt contact could cause, while preparing us for eventual open contact. This could say something about their level of ethics.
"

J. Deardorff, B. Haisch, B. Maccabee and H.E. Puthoff

It would be nice to have these four on the show someday to discuss. Most think Roswell was an accident. By applying the leaky embargo hypothesis to the case, one might find themselves rethinking that position (or not).

I recently downloaded and listened to this one. It is my favorite Paracast episode so far. I found the guest to be credible. I had first discovered some of his work at a site called ufoskeptic.org He seemed to really have a good honest dialog with Gene and David.

Back