• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

12-9-07 show

Well, I listened to all of it by now. Yep, Verum was referenced a lot in the show haha. Careful. Next thing you know, trolls will come to the board for their air time. Thinkin, "hey if I insult them, I'll get somewhat referenced on the show. Weeee.". I'm not saying that is what was up with Verum, only what might be to come lol.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Well, I listened to all of it by now. Yep, Verum was referenced a lot in the show haha. Careful. Next thing you know, trolls will come to the board for their air time. Thinkin, "hey if I insult them, I'll get somewhat referenced on the show. Weeee.". I'm not saying that is what was up with Verum, only what might be to come lol.

I just finished it too and I think it is an interesting idea for a show. I wouldn't do it too often but it is a nice change. I liked David's story too.

But this whole thread/flamewar with Verum was embarrassing for all involved. The hosts are going to have to grow thicker skin if the show expands. You can expect a few more people like Verum who have a fair question but are looking for fight and attention.

And banning Verum? He might have offended one of the hosts, but I have seen worse leveled against regular forum visitors by one of the former guests.

BTW, Gene and David, why didn't you talk about how you met? Is that on another show?

I'll admit that I should not have allowed myself to be drawn into the flame war in the way that it happened - not my finest moment - but understand that this person was banned due to the fact that he was engaged in an agenda to harm the show and damage our credibility. I have reason to believe that much of what he typed here about himself was fabricated, and his intention had nothing to do with honest, open discussion. We will indeed have to grow thicker skins, no question about that, hopefully we'll rise to the challenge.

dB

Brian Now said:
Paranormal Packrat said:

I just finished it too and I think it is an interesting idea for a show. I wouldn't do it too often but it is a nice change. I liked David's story too.

But this whole thread/flamewar with Verum was embarrassing for all involved. The hosts are going to have to grow thicker skin if the show expands. You can expect a few more people like Verum who have a fair question but are looking for fight and attention.

And banning Verum? He might have offended one of the hosts, but I have seen worse leveled against regular forum visitors by one of the former guests.

BTW, Gene and David, why didn't you talk about how you met? Is that on another show?

Funny, this is one of the questions I wanted answered awhile back. Gene answered it. They met via Tech Night Owl show. David was/is a regular guest.

Back