• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 13, 2015 — Gene & Chris Interviewed by Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell & Ufology

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This episode exceeded our expectations. Chris and I were going to be interviewed by four of our forum members: Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell and Ufology. Suddenly Chris became surprisingly revealing about his early experience with "stick men," and things got more fascinating by the moment.

So fascinating, in fact, that we opted to continue this episode on this week's segment of After The Paracast.

If you've ever considered signing up with The Paracast+, now is the time.

Check here for more information: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I'm looking forward to this getting to the roots how you both got involved in this phenomena and what you guys have got planned for the future as the whole field of UFOLOGY is changing at a rapid pace, and not just UFOLOGY all phenomena

Chis, ditto to your anti-selfie stance. I live in a tourist town in Ireland and the (mostly Americans) with this fishing pole device they connect to their phones to take selfies is just going too far. You'd want to shove where the sun don't shine. It is the most childish obsession ever.

Chris, I've seen those little guys with the rods too. I saw them 3 days after watching a craft one morning, for 45 min. This was just a few years ago. I've seen other things too, since I was a kid. But these characters I saw in my fifties. I have a drawing, but I can't figure out how to insert that in this comment.

This article might be interesting for those who would like to read about other accounts that feature humanoids and wands to compare with Chris O'Brien's experience. Frequently there are humanoid reports where people are disabled, stunned, tingled, immobilized or touched by a wand. Aside from the obvious magician or trickster's reference, it is an overt symbol of technological power in the case of humanoid encounters. This is a good assemblage of stories:

[An excerpt from:]
A NEW NAME FOR UFOs
ã 2012 by Dennis Robinson
(Section III: Pathways To The Interior)
Chapter 13: The Magic Wand
https://dennypoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/the-magic-wand.doc

There were two entities. The one behind seemed to be controlling the smaller on in front. The taller one had a weird pare shaped body. It was the one holding the rod.

Attachments

• ET.jpg
    ET.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 27
could be like a commander maybe ? not the first time i have heard of these so called commanders there a few stories about them so theres definite structure and command and control to some of these entities and some of these situations that some people are put into.
theres definite Rank structure to this.

Last edited:
Chris's story about the stick men was fascinating.
On @Christopher O'Brien's "Stick Man" experience, I'd like to offer some food for thought. At first I thought we might be able to explain the experience as what one of my close relatives calls "night terrors" where she experiences imagery from her subconscious after waking up, sometimes for some minutes, while talking to other people. However as Chris' story progressed, literally all the way down the street, it became harder and harder to think that some sort of sleep disorder was responsible. I suppose we cannot entirely rule out some sort of imagery generated by the subconscious and projected into the consciousness, but for the moment, let's set that aside and consider the possibility that the stimulus responsible was external, and that the perceptions reported are reasonably accurate. How might we explain them?

From the description Chris gave, particularly the "sparking light" facet, I suggest that the entities were projections from the rods. The entities weren't actually there. This would explain their illumination, how they could have appeared as "paper like" when they turned sideways under the streetlamp, and why they appeared to float along, and why they seemed rather expressionless. It is possible that given the presence of the other entity that was non-illuminated and lurking in the background, that it was that being who was controlling the rods and observing the "experiment". Hypothetically, perhaps the rods were some sort of super secret high-tech psi-ops drones. This doesn't rule out aliens or alien technology ( ATECH ), but it does move the experience out of the realm of the purely inexplicable and into the land of technical possibility.

It was fun :p on to After the.. I hope the archives stay free for the reason that it's a main reason that I fell in love with the show-I really felt that listening to the whole archive I learned so much, so much so that I actually joined my first/only forum/online group (here). Probably my OCD :rolleyes: I'm not being critical and I've already listened to the whole catalog, just wanted to chime in. I'm def getting Paracast+ every year for a Christmas gift from now on.

Last edited:
This has been my favourite episode for a long time. It was great to hear you both recounting your backgrounds and experience. Really enjoyed it and made me realise how great the Paracast is and how much I'd miss it if you ever stopped putting it out. :)

After listening to this episode,I too would like to add that it was one of the best ever.
As other people have posted,The Paracast in my opinion consistently provides high quality listening,due mainly to Gene & Chris refusing to be taken in by bull !!!!.Along with George Knapp and one or two other hosts they leave other interviewers far behind.

could be like a commander maybe ? not the first time i have heard of these so called commanders there a few stories about them so theres definite structure and command and control to some of these entities and some of these situations that some people are put into.
theres definite Rank structure to this.
I got the impression he was puppeteering the smaller entity. Three days before this, my husband and I watched a triangle shaped UFO over the mountain behind our home in Ireland from 7:00 to 7:45 am, while having coffee. Three days later these two characters appear at the foot of our bed at about 5 o'clock in the morning. I was not paralysed. I sat upright in bed. My husband could not be woken, though I tried. As Chris' experience, these guys too seemed holographic.
UFO sighting - I don't think there could be any relationship to military as the Irish Defence forces have no air craft. The only government plane we have is a small one. I rang the airport at the time and they said they had no craft in the area.

Last edited:
I also enjoyed this show...in the middle of the night...with the power flickering on and off! The gentlemen's questions were well-chosen. Gene was breezy and casual; I could imagine coffee and conversation. Chris, God Bless your fire and vinegar even now...I read your first book years ago and still remember your poltergeist story in the A-frame house and someone passed outside the shower? You've lived a haunted life...

Attachments

• ET.jpg
    ET.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm at a work training conference in Las Vegas and am unable to download the episode. But yes, Chris' story was fascinating. I did listen to the Open Minds episode with Gene and that was revealing too. I wish I would have listened to it before we recorded this one. [emoji57] I recommend that one, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great episode!

With regards to the discussion of science and the paranormal...

Researchers in this field always seem quick to preface their work as scientific, tossing the word around with reckless abandon until the connotations conjure the exact opposite of its definition. My own field of psychology is often labeled unscientific, and that’s partly correct — thoughts and feelings may not be measurable, but actions and behavior certainly are. And then even in the hard sciences you’ll find definitions and concepts which aren't entirely agreed upon, and therefore lack an absolute definition.

While I think the paranormal field should strive to use scientific measures as often as possible (and more so as the future allows), it’s also disingenuous to label the large majority of research as such, and really, serves a defeating purpose. Trying to force any of these subjects under the confines of scientific scrutiny (where I don’t believe they currently belong) is going to make neither the general public, nor scientific community, any more accepting of them.

I think it’s also arguable that as psychology has transitioned into more scientific practices, it has in some ways, also become less useful. This would almost certainly be the case with the paranormal, as we would quickly run out of room for study.

Carl Jung briefly discusses his thoughts on scientific study and the paranormal in a few different places, but I think where he does regarding his work on synchronicity is definitely worth reading and still applicable.

It might be available someplace else for cheaper, but I know it can be found in the link below for anyone who’s interested.

Maybe it's not going to post my link, anyway searching Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle on Amazon should pull it up.

I got the impression he was puppeteering the smaller entity. Three days before this, my husband and I watched a triangle shaped UFO over the mountain behind our home in Ireland from 7:00 to 7:45 am, while having coffee. Three days later these two characters appear at the foot of our bed at about 5 o'clock in the morning. I was not paralyzed. I sat upright in bed. My husband could not be woken, though I tried. As Chris' experience, these guys too seemed holographic.
UFO sighting - I don't think there could be any relationship to military as the Irish Defense forces have no air craft. The only government plane we have is a small one. I rand the airport at the time and they said they had no craft in the area.

This sounds really fascinating your definitely not the first or the last to experience this have you guys had anymore experiences ?

Absolutely loved this episode Chris Obrien experience sounds absolutely amazing but scary for a boy. i wonder if any ones tried actually contacting theses entities i know Dr Steven Greer is a Taboo Subject but they say there having really good hits withe there CE5 Program

Last edited:
Back