• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 13, 2015 — Gene & Chris Interviewed by Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell & Ufology

Free episodes:

Great episode as others have said. I guess over the last year or so as the show has hit the wider radio audience you have a lot of new listeners. I think this episode was probably really useful for those listeners....a Paracast 101 almost.

I've listened since the days of Gene and David and can remember the first time Chris was on the show. At the time I thought he was one of the best guests of that era. I think the show has had its ups and downs over the years. When David left I was a little sad but Chris more than filled his boots and I can't image any other lineup now. It's always been the best show out there but at the moment I feel you guys are really on it and hitting the right notes.

Anyway as Chris started to give his background story on this show I hoped he would talk about the paper thin "aliens". I know Chris mentioned this story once before a long time ago on the show and I found it so powerful and unnerving that I have frequently recalled it. To hear it full length and in more detail was a real treat.

Thanks for everything you guys do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great episode!

With regards to the discussion of science and the paranormal...

Researchers in this field always seem quick to preface their work as scientific, tossing the word around with reckless abandon until the connotations conjure the exact opposite of its definition. My own field of psychology is often labeled unscientific, and that’s partly correct — thoughts and feelings may not be measurable, but actions and behavior certainly are. And then even in the hard sciences you’ll find definitions and concepts which aren't entirely agreed upon, and therefore lack an absolute definition.

While I think the paranormal field should strive to use scientific measures as often as possible (and more so as the future allows), it’s also disingenuous to label the large majority of research as such, and really, serves a defeating purpose. Trying to force any of these subjects under the confines of scientific scrutiny (where I don’t believe they currently belong) is going to make neither the general public, nor scientific community, any more accepting of them.

I think it’s also arguable that as psychology has transitioned into more scientific practices, it has in some ways, also become less useful. This would almost certainly be the case with the paranormal, as we would quickly run out of room for study.

Carl Jung briefly discusses his thoughts on scientific study and the paranormal in a few different places, but I think where he does regarding his work on synchronicity is definitely worth reading and still applicable.

It might be available someplace else for cheaper, but I know it can be found in the link below for anyone who’s interested.

Maybe it's not going to post my link, anyway searching Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle on Amazon should pull it up.

Great points! While I rely strongly on science as my guidepost to the world, I have always thought that it is a mistake to embrace the belief that human experiences that cannot be measured or analyzed scientifically are meaningless. Individual experiences, such as abductions or ghosts, are real to the individuals who experience them and many times, they defy rational explanation. This does not render them meaningless; such phenomena simply show the limits of scientific explanation.

Best,

Brian

On hour 1. Very interesting show and questions so far! Had to stop and talk a little bit about the Internet and iPhones etc.. While I definitely share a lot of the consensus about the iPhones, Smart phones, tablets and this computerized era, there are some good things about it too, for example I listen to the show on an iPhone and I do my form responses on an iPhone. As someone who I consider relatively new to the UFO thing, Internet has been a good source for my gaining a basic understanding of these things. You have to start somewhere where else am I going to find some of the earlier writing such as Blocher and Keyhoe. Or being able to listen to the Barney and Betty hill tapes. Or get up to speed on some of the more recent information and websites by various researchers. But, I also agree that we have lost touch with the real world and the ability to connect with real people and that affects everything including UFO/paranormal research.
There was a mention of a paradigm shift that might shift us away from the "screen" and into the real world. My theory on this may sound a little more scary. The Internet and technology are very fragile. It would not take much to knock them out.
I feel that someday we are going to have some kind of crisis or disaster that may almost knock us back into the Stone Age and then you're going to have to start talking to people and getting to know them and looking at the sky and looking at the world around you because that's all you're going to have for entertainment.
I think the problem with this world and younger people isn't just their little technology devices. I don't think UFOs are that interesting to them anymore. Other areas of the paranormal may be, but as far as UFOs go, nothing really that interesting has happening in quite a few years. The last thing I can personally remember is the Phoenix lights. And let's face it these days if a 25 or 30-year-old sees something strange they're probably just gonna think it's a military thing.
I work with teenagers and they have become narcissistic, lazy and dumbed down by lack of activity, video games skateboards, Facebook, Snapchat and other things that are frivolous. Oh and let's not also forget, lots of pot. If you've seen the movie Idiocrasy, you know where it's all headed. I know there are Young people who don't conform to this way of life and those are ones that need to be nurtured and encouraged.
By the way I'm 59 years old and I have taken several selfies, and I've had beer and coffee, (but not at the same time) haaaaaahaaaaaaa!

Gene
Good move amount money folks spend on booze is amazing and its society effects cost community in accidents and crime. Old saying everything in moderation and great show. Those little chaps get around and is it some after effect of past civilization memory?

This episode exceeded our expectations. Chris and I were going to be interviewed by four of our forum members: Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell and Ufology. Suddenly Chris became surprisingly revealing about his early experience with "stick men," and things got more fascinating by the moment.

So fascinating, in fact, that we opted to continue this episode on this week's segment of After The Paracast.

If you've ever considered signing up with The Paracast+, now is the time.

Check here for more information: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

This episode exceeded our expectations. Chris and I were going to be interviewed by four of our forum members: Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell and Ufology. Suddenly Chris became surprisingly revealing about his early experience with "stick men," and things got more fascinating by the moment.

So fascinating, in fact, that we opted to continue this episode on this week's segment of After The Paracast.

If you've ever considered signing up with The Paracast+, now is the time.

Check here for more information: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio
That was one of your best shows. I appreciated Gene and Chris giving their backgrounds on what got them going on the paranormal path. I listen to the show often and have been struck by what I perceived as two hosts scoffing at reports of the paranormal, but this episode demonstrated their roots as open-minded skeptics. I appreciate the contrast to a certain other show that has a host that seems to be the paranormal equivalent of Larry King, seemingly buying into everything while asking very few challenging questions. I would have liked to ask Gene and Chris what they thought about Stephen Bassett, who seems completely convinced that extra-terrestrial disclosure is imminent and that it will come about before the end of Obama's presidency. He cites Hillary Clinton's supporter John Podesta as somebody who will be integral in that process. I personally think, based on what little I know, that Bassett is a bit delusional on this.

I'm always late listening to these episodes as I have to listen to them piecemeal on my way to and from work, but I agree with everyone here: this is a great episode (I'm halfway through). Great job from Gene and Chris and excellent work by the questioners.

Best,

Brian

Who remembers the Mexican cellphone footage taken by boys playing football in an alley?

One boy goes to retrieve the ball or something and it looks like some kind of 'being' reaches out to grab the boy (and failing to do so) and reaches back - from 'behind' a lamppost, and only being visible on the side it reaches out from!

It's like the being is either thin enough in one dimension to hide behind the post, which goes against common sense, or, it's that the being is crossing into our 3 dimensions and the 'gate' just happens to correspond with the vertical axis of the post?

Anyway you look at it, it is extremely weird. I genuinely think the footage is real. It's crap quality because it's from a cellphone camera from a few years back, but that only adds to the perceived authenticity. If it's a hoax, it is exceptionally well done. The reactions of the kids 100% seem authentic. I know it's not at all scientific to say so, but 'you just know.'

If anyone doesn't know the clip I'm talking about, respond to me and I'll dig it out. What is being talked about re Chris and the stick-figures jogged my memory. I am really interested in claims of dimension-warping objects/beings and I think much of it goes right to the heart of numerous reported paranormal phenomena. But obviously it is so rare - rarer than say genuine UFO footage, it is seldom there is anything worth talking about in terms of visual evidence, however this one qualifies IMO.

Absolutely loved this episode Chris Obrien experience sounds absolutely amazing but scary for a boy. i wonder if any ones tried actually contacting theses entities i know Dr Steven Greer is a Taboo Subject but they say there having really good hits withe there CE5 Program

Yeah Greer isn't really thought much of by many here but it's up to everyone to decide these things for themselves. We all agree that early on, in the 90's Greer was responsible for much of pushing the UFO field forward and certainly he shepherded many good witnesses to go public.
But I think like the classic 'contactees' of the 50s and 60s Greer may have enjoyed the limelight and adoration and he let it go to his head - and that's putting it mildly!

My major gripes with Greer are that firstly, he has been proven to lie and greatly exaggerate regularly. He somehow thinks he has the stature and gifts to train others to be 'Galactic Ambassadors..' I dislike that he charges lots of money to take people into private (not his) or public land to 'vector in UFOs' like he has some magical formula for making it happen. If anyone could make that happen even 20% of the time, we could blow the field wide open!

My favourite gripe against Greer though is how he constantly goes on about the Government and how it is not disclosing what is knows about UFOs, and all the while he constantly claims to have this and that evidence for contact with aliens, for zero-point energy machines etc and yet he won't disclose any of that himself! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! The cheek of the man!

(a mildly amusing aside is that twice in my Paracast Forum use, I have been wrapped (rightly) over the knuckles over something I have posted in the forums, and both times it was me losing my temper just thinking about Steven bloody Greer! If he can turn me into someone who falls foul of the Forum's Terms and Conditions, then that is all you need to know about Dr Greer.):p

I never drink — vine :D

Seriously, I've tasted wine. Didn't develop a taste for it. Tried a couple of other things in my 20s. Didn't develop a taste for them either.

Gene, that sounds like a quote from one of my favorite movies, Love At First Bite? George Hamilton, coolest Dracula ever! "With you, never a quickie, always, a longie." Funniest line in a movie ever lol

Here is a recounting of one of my experiences from childhood. In the re-telling of this the author has put a more threatening spin on it, than I actually felt at the time. The Paranormal Pastor: The Spirits that Follow

I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring up this possibility but, just as certain animals hear frequencies humans don't here or I guess some animals can see types of light that humans can't, I wonder if there are humans that are tuned to a dimensional frequency that others aren't?

Back