• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 13, 2015 — Gene & Chris Interviewed by Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell & Ufology

Who remembers the Mexican cellphone footage taken by boys playing football in an alley?

One boy goes to retrieve the ball or something and it looks like some kind of 'being' reaches out to grab the boy (and failing to do so) and reaches back - from 'behind' a lamppost, and only being visible on the side it reaches out from!

It's like the being is either thin enough in one dimension to hide behind the post, which goes against common sense, or, it's that the being is crossing into our 3 dimensions and the 'gate' just happens to correspond with the vertical axis of the post?

Anyway you look at it, it is extremely weird. I genuinely think the footage is real. It's crap quality because it's from a cellphone camera from a few years back, but that only adds to the perceived authenticity. If it's a hoax, it is exceptionally well done. The reactions of the kids 100% seem authentic. I know it's not at all scientific to say so, but 'you just know.'

If anyone doesn't know the clip I'm talking about, respond to me and I'll dig it out. What is being talked about re Chris and the stick-figures jogged my memory. I am really interested in claims of dimension-warping objects/beings and I think much of it goes right to the heart of numerous reported paranormal phenomena. But obviously it is so rare - rarer than say genuine UFO footage, it is seldom there is anything worth talking about in terms of visual evidence, however this one qualifies IMO.

i know the clip mate its very grainy but you can still make out some detail

Yeah Greer isn't really thought much of by many here but it's up to everyone to decide these things for themselves. We all agree that early on, in the 90's Greer was responsible for much of pushing the UFO field forward and certainly he shepherded many good witnesses to go public.
But I think like the classic 'contactees' of the 50s and 60s Greer may have enjoyed the limelight and adoration and he let it go to his head - and that's putting it mildly!

My major gripes with Greer are that firstly, he has been proven to lie and greatly exaggerate regularly. He somehow thinks he has the stature and gifts to train others to be 'Galactic Ambassadors..' I dislike that he charges lots of money to take people into private (not his) or public land to 'vector in UFOs' like he has some magical formula for making it happen. If anyone could make that happen even 20% of the time, we could blow the field wide open!

My favourite gripe against Greer though is how he constantly goes on about the Government and how it is not disclosing what is knows about UFOs, and all the while he constantly claims to have this and that evidence for contact with aliens, for zero-point energy machines etc and yet he won't disclose any of that himself! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! The cheek of the man!

(a mildly amusing aside is that twice in my Paracast Forum use, I have been wrapped (rightly) over the knuckles over something I have posted in the forums, and both times it was me losing my temper just thinking about Steven bloody Greer! If he can turn me into someone who falls foul of the Forum's Terms and Conditions, then that is all you need to know about Dr Greer.):p

Yeah i totally understand about how Greer has portrayed himself over the years and adds to more frustration in this field which i get, but he has got some people in his camp and maybe they could be more helpful at explaining the CE5 theory and some of these experiences can be frightening for people and thats the primitive part of the brain and that pull of emotion could be so strong that it could jumble up messages in the head so that the communication between two different beings could lost in translation ?

we have all been or at least know of people who have misread situations by just letting there emotions govern there decisions like being in a bar and your sure some dude is eyeballing you and then he walks over to you and the way his bodies speaking to you it looks like he's going to drop you hard you immediately brace your self for a fight then suddenly the bloke hugs you or shakes your hand.
My point being there must be away of suppressing the fear and anger to start the communication procedure, no love it or hate it but Greer is definitely working on some thing.

"WHAT DOES NOT KILL YOU, MAKES YOU STRANGER!"

Forgot to say earlier.Well done to the 4 inquisitors you did a fine job.
Very kind of you. I kept feeling like we were just starting to get into it. As I listen to it now I have a better appreciation for how fast our two hosts think while doing the show. Both are totally professional in both style and knowledge depth. I wish I had come armed with questions myself, but was very interested in the directions the show went regarding: some of Chris' significant experiences & childhood biography, their attitudes towards the paranormal investigation & the roles they play out on the show, Gene's hardcore vision of the colossal waste of time of Ufological research has amounted to that always puts the cart before the horse as it keeps trying to prove the existence of ET, Chis' altruistic attitude, all the pro-Greg Bishop dialogue, future directions and experiments that Ufology could get into, and especially a lot of the ATP discussion where the show got a little more loose with even more emotion.

The ATP could have easily doubled in time, as to be honest, we really didn't get into the real inquisition material. Everything was still pretty kind and complementary when we could have gone much more hardline with a true inquisition styled approach. Maybe next time we can pick up where we left off and proceed to take out sharper tools of inquiry? If you look closely down below you should be able to pick out each of the participants if we were to go in such directions.
Picard.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring up this possibility but, just as certain animals hear frequencies humans don't here or I guess some animals can see types of light that humans can't, I wonder if there are humans that are tuned to a dimensional frequency that others aren't?
I don't know if "dimensional" is the right word, but I think that some people do have sensory ability that goes beyond the normal range. In one of the videos I posted recently, a person who claimed to be electromagnetically hypersensitive essentially proved it to a researcher right there on the video. Other people say they sense the cycles from fluorescent bulbs. One time I saw what they call an aura. So maybe if we were able to see in a fuller range of spectra, perhaps we'd notice more going on than we thought, and maybe some people actually do.

Very kind of you. I kept feeling like we were just starting to get into it. As I listen to it now I have a better appreciation for how fast our two hosts think while doing the show. Both are totally professional in both style and knowledge depth. I wish I had come armed with questions myself, but was very interested in the directions the show went regarding: some of Chris' significant experiences & childhood biography, their attitudes towards the paranormal investigation & the roles they play out on the show, Gene's hardcore vision of the colossal waste of time of Ufological research has amounted to that always puts the cart before the horse as it keeps trying to prove the existence of ET, Chis' altruistic attitude, all the pro-Greg Bishop dialogue, future directions and experiments that Ufology could get into, and especially a lot of the ATP discussion where the show got a little more loose with even more emotion.

The ATP could have easily doubled in time, as to be honest, we really didn't get into the real inquisition material. Everything was still pretty kind and complementary when we could have gone much more hardline with a true inquisition styled approach. Maybe next time we can pick up where we left off and proceed to take out sharper tools of inquiry? If you look closely down below you should be able to pick out each of the participants if we were to go in such directions.
Picard.jpg
I think it flowed along really well and I look forward to part 2 (hopefully) as you say there is ample scope to go deeper and further,so ready that strappado!

pretty good tho have you ever thought about telling all your experiences ?
I do tell them, from time to time, to people I feel are open to that sort of thing. Chris' description of the beings seeming real, but almost holographic, and holding the rod too, I thought was so similar to my own, I'd mention it.

Finally had a chance to listen to the episode, great job all around five stars for everyone. The questions were well asked, well chosen and well answered. Considering the subject matter this was some accomplishment imho. I don't know what else I can add that hasn't already been said but it would be neat if you could make the program notes and episode a sticky or something, direct new members to as if to say " this is what we are all about" A paracast 101 as it were for any newbies and not just to head off any questions they might have about the show and or hosts in general but if it wasn't already apparent to them they can hear as well as see the depth of quality this bit of cyberspace holds not only in regards to the participants but the hosts as well.

If you were able or willing to do this maybe include the accompanying ATP as well to possible entice new members to join.

Last edited:
Red Pill Junkie "liked" these questions that were never asked. Can Gene and Chris answer this one question?

Have you ever been a member or practitioner of any hidden/secret occult-like group or spiritual/religious organized groups? Please give us the details and history and any relationship it has with your UFO and paranormal interests and experiences.

Also, for Chris O'Brien:

When was the last time/year you investigated four or more cattle mutilations onsite and in person occurring within one year of each other? Where? About how many years/times did this happen with four or more mutes within 12 months of each other that you personally investigated onsite? What years if you can recall? When are you going to publish part two of your mute book?

@ Dissection Stalker: Religious groups? Yeah, the Catholic church. I was head altar boy at Sacred Heart parish in 7th & 8th grade. Made some good scratch on weddings and funeral gigs. When I was 15, the Jesuits kicked me out of prep school w/ prejudice—thankfully it was wasn't of the extreme kind—like w/ millions of others in their past. Back in college I became fascinated with the Western esoteric tradition. Let's just say I worked w/ other like-minded individuals and gained a modest insight into working one's true divine "Will." This interest in "Spirit" and "Will" has been consciously stove-piped away from my investigative work and research into UFOs and other so-called paranormal subjects. One is subjectively proactive—the other objectively reactive. ;)

Mute cases? Last 4 in a year? That's easy, it ended in early 1999. Every year between 1993 & 1999 had dozens of cases. Mute reports disappeared in North America (w/ a few notable exceptions) in 1999. If you had read my book, you wouldn't have had to ask that question. Why do you ask? Your sock puppet questions are rather inquisitorial...

Last edited:
I would never join a club that would have me as a member.
Let's reword the question: Have you ever experimented with or been a practitioner of any known or unknown hidden/secret occult-like techniques, "ritual" or "conjuring" practices, beliefs, or known spiritual/religious practices or activities or rituals or casting spells or ? Please give us the details and history and any relationship it has with your UFO and paranormal interests and experiences.

Let's assume all of the above would have nothing to do with joining a club or being a member, etc.

Let's reword the question: Have you ever experimented with or been a practitioner of any known or unknown hidden/secret occult-like techniques, "ritual" or "conjuring" practices, beliefs, or known spiritual/religious practices or activities or rituals or casting spells or ? Please give us the details and history and any relationship it has with your UFO and paranormal interests and experiences.

Let's assume all of the above would have nothing to do with joining a club or being a member, etc.
I've attended a few Wiccan/Pagan ceremonies. But that was years ago.

Who remembers the Mexican cellphone footage taken by boys playing football in an alley?

One boy goes to retrieve the ball or something and it looks like some kind of 'being' reaches out to grab the boy (and failing to do so) and reaches back - from 'behind' a lamppost, and only being visible on the side it reaches out from!

It's like the being is either thin enough in one dimension to hide behind the post, which goes against common sense, or, it's that the being is crossing into our 3 dimensions and the 'gate' just happens to correspond with the vertical axis of the post?

Anyway you look at it, it is extremely weird. I genuinely think the footage is real. It's crap quality because it's from a cellphone camera from a few years back, but that only adds to the perceived authenticity. If it's a hoax, it is exceptionally well done. The reactions of the kids 100% seem authentic. I know it's not at all scientific to say so, but 'you just know.'

If anyone doesn't know the clip I'm talking about, respond to me and I'll dig it out. What is being talked about re Chris and the stick-figures jogged my memory. I am really interested in claims of dimension-warping objects/beings and I think much of it goes right to the heart of numerous reported paranormal phenomena. But obviously it is so rare - rarer than say genuine UFO footage, it is seldom there is anything worth talking about in terms of visual evidence, however this one qualifies IMO.

Spot on. Totally agree.

this one right?
the object being hidden behind is fairly thick. the resolution of the image is fairly low. I don't think there's much to be confirmed here at all. At 00:12 seconds into the clip you can clearly see the light reflection from above shining down on what appears to be a very three dimensional curved head. You can see it in the still frame marker of the video above as well.

Selfies. They aren't just annoying. They are mental. Scientists Link Selfies To Narcissism, Addiction & Mental Illness
Wow. That's pretty crazy alright. I don't own a cell phone, but once in a while I update my picture on my website using my old digital camera. I do that mainly because I'm the person who put the site together, and my motivation for that was mainly for the benefit of other people. At least that's what I tell myself. The whole thing is also about something that interests me, so I can't claim that there's no element of personal bias, but still I don't think a profile picture updated every couple of years qualifies as some sort of disturbed narcissism.

So maybe the danger now is in spreading the idea via innuendo that anyone who takes a selfie has some sort of mental problem. Just like not every Muslim is a terrorist. I don't think that would be fair either. But taking them 10 hours a day until one wants to commit suicide? That's a whole different situation. In that situation it's like the phone was controlling the human rather than the other way around. I always suspected cell phones were evil. Now I know for sure :D.

Last edited:
kusama-5.jpg

Cell culture, as a facet of our digital communications structure, is one major multi-network with many photographic participants. We live and work in social media networks. Youth are the first big experiment who are living their lives online. It's not a wonder that this digital generation is the only age group whose suicide rates are up globally. Eventually, living your life online in networks, will be perfectly normal, as will our increasing interactions in altered realities, but it's a difficult entry, all that smashing of our collective ego.

In many ways this is the beginnings of a collective social media hallucinogenic trip. As global culture embraces digital existence the whole selfie thing will give way to people happily reinventing their representations all the time, or not. It won't matter that much, but right now this whole challenge to the ego is enormous. Youth feel it the hardest and there are heavy prices being paid in blood and psychological destruction. Soon we will be more sophisticated about how we negotiate digital life and a lack of privacy in the consumer surveillance culture. Our kids will start to teach their kids better ways of being 01010100 01101000 01100101 01101101 01110011 01100101 01101100 01110110 01100101 01110011.
absorbed-creative-digital-life-technology-human-eye-creativity-digitally-generated-image-science-000000597606-100263584-primary.idge.jpg

Way gives way to way.

Last edited:
Back