• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 13, 2015 — Gene & Chris Interviewed by Burnt State, ChrisJohnsen, Jeff Crowell & Ufology

Our kids will start to teach their kids better ways of being 01010100 01101000 01100101 01101101 01110011 01100101 01101100 01110110 01100101 01110011.

“Our kids will start to teach their kids better ways of being Themselves.”

- I couldn’t resist the translate (in ASCII).

[QUOTE="Burnt State, post: 23Our kids will start to teach their kids better ways of being themselves ...[/QUOTE]
That's the hope of every parent isn't it :).

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty crazy alright. I don't own a cell phone, but once in a while I update my picture on my website using my old digital camera. I do that mainly because I'm the person who put the site together, and my motivation for that was mainly for the benefit of other people. At least that's what I tell myself. The whole thing is also about something that interests me, so I can't claim that there's no element of personal bias, but still I don't think a profile picture updated every couple of years qualifies as some sort of disturbed narcissism.

So maybe the danger now is in spreading the idea via innuendo that anyone who takes a selfie has some sort of mental problem. Just like not every Muslim is a terrorist. I don't think that would be fair either. But taking them 10 hours a day until one wants to commit suicide? That's a whole different situation. In that situation it's like the phone was controlling the human rather than the other way around. I always suspected cell phones were evil. Now I know for sure :D.
Profile pics are not of the same ilk. As someone who live in a Tourist town, I see it all the time. If you have gone to the extent, to purchase an extension rod to hold your camera for your selfie, in my book, you've gone to the point of no return.

Profile pics are not of the same ilk. As someone who live in a Tourist town, I see it all the time. If you have gone to the extent, to purchase an extension rod to hold your camera for your selfie, in my book, you've gone to the point of no return.
I used a tripod and a timer ;) .

Back