• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mars Anomalies

Mas Anomalies

This is the original photo without the animation I added.
001qh0.png

Source: http://ida.wr.usgs.gov/html/e10004/e1000462.html

Rohn

Mas Anomalies

Rohn,

I've gotta say, of all the Mars images I've seen, that one is the most impressive.

Who spotted that square? It's definitely hard to explain as a natural formation, or an artifact of light/shadow play... VERY interesting find.

dB

Mas Anomalies

David Biedny said:
It's definitely hard to explain as a natural formation, or an artifact of light/shadow play... VERY interesting find.

How funny. To my eye, I see nothing that doesn't look natural. I see no true right angles, and certainly no square.

All I see are hills and shadows.

If you have to superimpose a real square for me to see a square, then chances are it's not a square.

Edit: If you go and look at the Original Image as referenced in the earlier posting, it seems clear to me the "square" has been cropped to "make" a square. In truth, the upper right corner of the "square" is part of an entirely separate geological feature.

We may very well one day find evidence of a past civilization on Mars; there's no need to muddy the water by allowing our imagination run wild as we look at random geologic features.

Mas Anomalies

fitzbew88 said:
Edit: If you go and look at the Original Image as referenced in the earlier posting, it seems clear to me the "square" has been cropped to "make" a square. In truth, the upper right corner of the "square" is part of an entirely separate geological feature.

I disagree, that's clearly one single contiguous strip of image data, and it does indeed look to be a connected form of some kind in that image, IMO.

dB

Mas Anomalies

David Biedny said:
...that's clearly one single contiguous strip of image data, and it does indeed look to be a connected form of some kind in that image, IMO.

Interestingly, this is how my eye registers it now that the power of suggestion is removed:

mars_artifiact2.jpg

For the life of me, I see nothing connecting these two areas of the Martian desert. To my eye, all the terrain between the two areas just looks like random terrain features.

It seems to me that the upper right corner of the "square" descends to the "south" and then joins another ridge going off to photo-east. It doesn't continue on toward to the lower left corner.

What an intriguing study of human perception.

Mas Anomalies

David Biedny said:
Who spotted that square? It's definitely hard to explain as a natural formation, or an artifact of light/shadow play... VERY interesting find.

dB
Our group is comprised of a number of researcher from various fields. The group is called Pegasus Research Consortium or Project Pegasus.

If the finds are not our, I will give appropriate credit when necessary.

Rohn

Mas Anomalies

rohnds said:
Try another image from Mars,

I just see another rock outcropping.

Nothing unusual at all.

Now, this "Pegasus Research Consortium"...is this your web site?
The Living Moon

I have to confess, I find the section on "Cosmic Wisdom of the Ancients" to be intriguing.

Rohn,

So does this mean that you're associated with John Lear?

I think he's delusional, with absolutely nothing useful to contribute to the conversation. He has publoicly stated that there are living, sentient beings on every planet in the system. Apparently, John's been huffing jet fuel.

At this point, I'm not convinced that there's intelligent life on Earth, but that's just me.

dB

David Biedny said:
Rohn,
So does this mean that you're associated with John Lear?

dB
I know him and he is part of the group. But that doesn't mean that I agree with many of his claims, such as soul catcher on the Moon, atmosphere on Moon and Venusian on Venus.

But he is an integral part of our project. As I stated earlier, the group consist of members who specialize in various fields.

Rohn

fitzbew88 said:
rohnds said:

If you have to add a flashing graphic to point it out, let's just assume there's nothing there to see.

Find us some roads, some buildings, some airports.

I agree, the flashing lines are a bit annoying, yet I understand their purpose. That said the left side of the "triangle" is ... I don't know how to say this right, but just like all the other straight lines on the picture. It runs up and down exactly parrallel to the other lines in the pic.

The other image, the blurry blobby thing, seems to show a pyramid on the right side??? That is, .. if you use a good sense of imagination. In that case you can see just about anything you want.

Providing appropriate scale may be useful. Sometimes I see pics of so-called pyramids and then realize that they would have to be miles, sometimes 10's or hundreds of miles long, definitely reducing the probability of real existance. Also a side by side comparison of what these things look like viewed on our planet, in proper scale.

I'm intrigued by Mars, etc, but am generally skeptical of claims like a log, or a cruiseship, or even a pyramid for that matter. But they are interesting to look at.

TClaeys said:
I'm intrigued by Mars, etc, but am generally skeptical of claims like a log, or a cruiseship, or even a pyramid for that matter. But they are interesting to look at.

I'm also intrigued, and it's plausible that we may find that "cruiseship" on Mars yet.

But everything I've seen so far in this thread is wildly into the "True Believer" end of the spectrum. (By that I mean, an individual that believes everything is paranormal regardless of possible mundane explanations as opposed to a Debunker who believes everything is normal --- regardless.)

My opinion is that we can advance paranormal studies better by assuming that everything is mundane until there is a reason to believe otherwise; but make sure the arguments for prosaic explanations are not even more outrageous than the paranormal claims!

Another of my tenets states that I should ignore both the True Believers and the Debunkers, as nothing is going to change their mind. So, I guess I have broken my own rules in this thread.

rohnds said:

Another thing to remark about is that this image has been cropped from the original. The original shows several "lines" that are parrallel to the upper diagonal line on the triangle. The image is cropped just above where you would see these similar parrallel lines.

Look at the original and you will see what I am referring to. Possibly debris that hit the surface and made similar parrallel lines. Why the cropping?? It's not as if just the "triangle" is centered or anything. It is as if it were to take attention off of similar kinds of lines on the surface.

Ah hell, why don't I just show the original? You know, without the flashy triangle after-image effect.

M1104182.jpg

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/m07_m12/mediummaps/M11/M1104182.jpg

Anyone seeing what I am talking about??

fitzbew88 said:
If you have to add a flashing graphic to point it out, let's just assume there's nothing there to see.

Find us some roads, some buildings, some airports.

Obviously if their was a civilization currently living on the surface of Mars, we would know. I happen to like the highlight because it makes it clear about what is in contention. I do not think that these researchers should discontinue looking for Ruins. I think it is a good exercise. I would like to see these images in multiple views and with adjacent images when applicable. The key here is that they are anomolous. As long as you dont take a leap of the same crazy cliff that Hoagland did.

RonCollins said:
...As long as you dont take a leap of the same crazy cliff that Hoagland did.

Well, you see, I think we have.

We are looking at shapes of Bunnies in the clouds.

The interjection of a Conspiracy Theory in the last posting pretty much satisfies me that we are well off the cliff.

I like your statement about the usefulness of the "exercise" --- I have wondered if this is merely a new art form labeled as "research" to give it more weight. Most of these images are a testament to human imagination.

But if this process is merely an "exercise", it needs to be presented as such and not dropped onto the forums as new discoveries.

Back