• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 21, 2015 — Kathleen Marden

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Kathleen is a solid, well-informed advocate for taking UFO abductions seriously. During this episode, she also talked about setting up a questionnaire covering abductions, and you are invited to contribute your suggestions, which will be passed on to her.

There's a UFO abduction follow-up in this week's episode of After The Paracast. Please check here for more information about our premium subscription service:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Kathleen was very credible. But I still have a lot of trouble believing there are thousands of abductions going on. If there were so many, there should be a roughly equivalent number of UFO sightings.

Good point, but she can only report on the number of abduction reports actually being received. Yes, I do wonder why such episodes appear to be so widespread.

If only there was litmus tests, is there one defining feature that exists in any of these reports in which it can truly be looked at as a possible abduction? At the risk of sounding like a broken record there is an aspect on her report that I found intriguing when she was discussing in "victims" narratives of catwalks and balcony and not having the fear of falling when leaning over etc. These are hallmarks of many of my dreams, each and every one of them has been present at times...and yes I'm sure I'm not being abducted...and they don't take place on a vessel but in ordinary mundane settings for the most part. Perhaps it's just a coincidence but another item in some abduction reports is the altered perspective , that is a noticeable difference between what the outside of a vessel and the inside of a vessel, again this is a very common aspect of many of my dreams (warped perspectives, not the insides of an alien vessel ) being that Katherine couldn't have investigated each report herself, one has to question the validity of many of these reports.

Unless I missed something she may have somewhat contradicted herself as well. One thing that was brought up and just as quickly dropped was the idea of eyewitnesses, I thought I heard her say that there were eyewitnesses (outside the Travis Walton case I'm assuming) in some cases , I'd be interested in knowing which particular ones there were that didn't involve a U.N.official. At any rate she later suggested (and not without good reason imho) that whatever was going on there was evidence it transcended a simple stop and grab in the physical sense, that abductions may be more cerebral (my words to those that hasn't listened yet) which i can really grok. Travis aside, I tend to look at the abduction experience, such as it is, as a hijacking of your consciousness.

Of course I can't possible know what people do and don't experience but I think many cases are dreams that people can't quite get out of , but to paraphrase something Gene has mentioned if even one case is true (like mr. Walton) this is still something to be considered, but not by me, abduction along with disclosure is a subject that i really distaste, mainly because there are some nonsensical issues about it , as Gene touched on. In relation to the reported painful examinations , I once again ask , pain or no pain why have anybody alert and conscious to remember anything at all? If these kidnappers are so advanced why not knock us out completely, if they are so advanced wouldn't they be able to eradicate anything that could come out while under hypnotic regression ? Do I need to point out to them that nothing would come out in hypnotic regression if one wasnt alert and conscious from the very beginning ? And don't get me started on the whole found implant artifacts thing.

Last edited:
Good point, but she can only report on the number of abduction reports actually being received. Yes, I do wonder why such episodes appear to be so widespread.

A) They are all liars participating in one of the greatest secret conspiracies of all time.
B) Because they actually happen.

Pick one.

Abduction stories are always interesting even chilling at times but I to have a problem with many of them. Except for Walton case and maybe the Hill's I'm vary vary Skeptical. What I like about the Travis Walton case is his Theory that he was unintentionally injured and brought on board to rescue or save him.

Strange times during the Cold War and I still think its a strange case and more aggressive /horror would be more plausible instead cuddly types as suggested by some eyewitness . Did both eyewitness ever listen or read material on the UFOs and paranormal subjects prior to the abductions?

Perhaps we're a planet the grays use for training and the experiencers are victims of poor technique and inexperience. A skilled abduction leaves no memory or negative side effects.

Perhaps the continued contact experiencers sometimes experience is a form of follow up to make sure there aren't long term effects of the botched abduction, or a study to try to determine why some people (Irish or Cherokee) are more likely to have a bad experience

Perhaps we're a planet the grays use for training and the experiencers are victims of poor technique and inexperience. A skilled abduction leaves no memory or negative side effects.

Perhaps the continued contact experiencers sometimes experience is a form of follow up to make sure there aren't long term effects of the botched abduction, or a study to try to determine why some people (Irish or Cherokee) are more likely to have a bad experience
Charles Fort did say that the planet is a farm and we humans are just property.

Perhaps if you researched the ET communicators who have responded to these questions umpteenth times, you would have the answers?

Perhaps?

Must admit I wasn't particularly looking forward to this episode and whenever that happens Gene and Chris prove me wrong and produce a fascinating show.

I'd largely written off abduction experiences as, essentially, a psychosocial phenomenon and whilst Kathleen Marden didn't convert me, there was certainly enough here to make me ask myself why I'm so sceptical about this area.

Partly my scepticism is based on my perception that many in the abduction field, at least as it seems to me, position themselves, consciously or not, as the advanced-guard of the ETH. Whilst many in the UAP field have detached themselves from ETH, those in abduction research appear to have built their entire outlook on it. That may work in terms of their philosophy but in my internal argument between classifying this phenomenon as either psychosocial or genuine the following questions bother me:

Why do the aliens that abduct people look like what we imagine aliens to look like? By which I mean why are they humanoid? Why do they have two arms, two legs, two eyes? Why don't they ever look *truly* alien, truly unimaginable?

Must admit I wasn't particularly looking forward to this episode and whenever that happens Gene and Chris prove me wrong and produce a fascinating show.

I'd largely written off abduction experiences as, essentially, a psychosocial phenomenon and whilst Kathleen Marden didn't convert me, there was certainly enough here to make me ask myself why I'm so sceptical about this area.

Partly my scepticism is based on my perception that many in the abduction field, at least as it seems to me, position themselves, consciously or not, as the advanced-guard of the ETH. Whilst many in the UAP field have detached themselves from ETH, those in abduction research appear to have built their entire outlook on it. That may work in terms of their philosophy but in my internal argument between classifying this phenomenon as either psychosocial or genuine the following questions bother me:

Why do the aliens that abduct people look like what we imagine aliens to look like? By which I mean why are they humanoid? Why do they have two arms, two legs, two eyes? Why don't they ever look *truly* alien, truly unimaginable?
Because there is a connection to us.But which, i don't know.

After listening to this episode, I would like to submit for consideration the concept for "The Paracast Drinking Game" where, during future episodes, every time Christopher O'Brien says the word "dovetail" or Gene makes a TV or film reference, listeners at home are required to knock back a shot or chug a beer...

That's an intelligent, truly skeptical POV, congratulations.

Short answer. It would scare the shit out of us if they did. Ever see a 9' tall praying mantis or a 700lb walking dinosaur-type?

Long answer. The ET community is made up of so many 'body types' most of which are completely outside of our imagination much less our experiences. Most of them are completely non-physical or quasi-physical ad, ence, are invisible to us. When they make contact, the last thing they want to do is to get in their own way, so to speak. The process is one of a 'little at a time' and the closer we get to remembering our own ET history with them, the closer they come to full, hard face-to-face contact. Let me give you an example.

In one of the hundreds of Bashar communications, he arranged for folks who were at his sessions, who told him that they wanted to make contact, to be in a certain place at a certain date/time. To a one, each reported that before the Essassani ship as much as near-landed, they fled with their courage tucked neatly in the back of their pockets. Bold talk, quick walk.

We're not ready, especially the Western World, not at all. So the conditioning will continue until the window fully opens between 2023-2034. If you are young, expect one hell of a show.:D

Perhaps if you researched the ET communicators who have responded to these questions umpteenth times, you would have the answers?

Perhaps?

There have been people who've talked to beings proven to be ET's????

If this is true, why is there so much question about whether they exist? (Have you told CNN bout the people who communicate with aliens?)

There have been people who've talked to beings proven to be ET's????

If this is true, why is there so much question about whether they exist? (Have you told CNN bout the people who communicate with aliens?)
Do your own research, I'm not interested in opening up your presents for you. :p

I have a hard time with any alien abduction episodes because I find the whole premise so silly. She spends so much time worrying about skeptics debunking her claims.
I don't think that these "experiencers" are necessarily lying; I just think they don't know what happened to them and feel as though an alien abduction is a good placeholder.

Also, as soon as she started talking about vibrations, she lost a lot of her credibility. If you believe in that, I question what else you fall for.

I have a hard time with any alien abduction episodes because I find the whole premise so silly. She spends so much time worrying about skeptics debunking her claims.
I don't think that these "experiencers" are necessarily lying; I just think they don't know what happened to them and feel as though an alien abduction is a good placeholder.

Also, as soon as she started talking about vibrations, she lost a lot of her credibility. If you believe in that, I question what else you fall for.
Making something up without any evidence at all always weakens the case. Suspicions are good if there's something to it but the "vibrations" thing also made me file the discussion elsewhere. Use of the Reed case was also problematic.

I felt this episode was very much about stories but no real confirmations. Given that these are experiences people are having it would have been interesting to define just how internal vs. external these are. Discussions about body pattern marks and archaic, torturous methods to extract human tissue also are worth more examination and explanation.

But I thought the notion of human hybrid children to be mostly ridiculous. The idea that our species and another species from another planet would be biologically compatible is just beyond merit. Those abduction narratives that centre around sex, sperm, eggs and alien hybrids point directly towards Alien Abduction Syndrome as a very psychological event in such instances.

Back