• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 21, 2015 — Kathleen Marden

Free episodes:

I know what you're getting at as others (including @red_pill_junkie) has mentioned the same and to me this still doesn't make sense, IF the intent of these alleged abductors is to use our DNA as storage or if they are tinkering with our DNA as part as an ongoing program that started back in our earliest beginnings. Now if you want to suggest that the abductors main intent is to traumatize a person and scared them emotionally for life including possibly causing them to neglect their responsibilities towards their family their jobs and themselves well then that would make more sense to me, there is a path there, although it's still hard to believe.

If this was part of a conditioning program then apparently some of us are being conditioned to become more aggressive or maybe much more submissive because if this process happened to me I would probably go to one of those extremes, as such this could lead to collateral damage. I mean other people could suffer due to the change in my behavior, would this also be part of the intent of the abductors to break up my family unit because I could no longer hold it together or would this be an unfortunate unintended consequence? btw in my case I have no family unit I was merely using myself as an example but those conditions would still apply.

Most people don't wish for the transformative experience - the abduction, the near death experience etc...Its the hero's journey - you're never the same person again and you will never look at the world the same way. Sometimes it breaks up marriages, costs people their job.

You are thinking in terms of human motivations. Id suggest that a better analogy might be putting ourselves in the shoes of dream characters from a lucid dream. They seem to function autonomously and independently, with their own agendas. For all intents and purposes they are "real" but we can only guess at their motivations. I think same goes for the characters in abduction experiences.

Hopefully they are part of us, have always been with us, and are simply acting as change agents, dragging us into the new realities of life in the 21st century and beyond. Better that than fiddling with our junk DNA for nefarious purposes. Fingers crossed....

And why not us simply working on changing ourselves? We've always been here. Might this not not be merely a product of our ongoing social scripting (faeries & elves, now greys, reptilans and mantis figures)? And what of our own collective consciousness? If Dean Radin is correct and our minds can anticipate the future and then might we not also be able to network our consciousnesses to produce a third harmony: the construction of a mythology that we see as operating outside of ourselves, an external agent, when in fact it may be much, much closer to home than we think. The intentions, effects and results are still similar. Yes there is a trickster, the sane way we can be tricked by our own dreams.

Cahill's case is mostly suspicious, including the supposed secondary witnesses. I'm not convinced. Karla Turer was a UFO mystic.

I agree about the idea of indifference but why pretend to be covert at all if they have relative omnipotence technologically? It seems that when it comes to health sciences they are apparently well behind us, except for those Dr. Mengele tricks where they are detaching people's arms and then sticking them back on again. This is a medeival torture chamber that simply does not match the rest of their technological prowess. That's where most of the odd limitations seen in some abduction narratives seem to be flaws of human imagination as opposed to a commentary on the technological capacities of an advanced alien race.

I think if you look at technological scales they should be able to get all the wonderful DNA, sperm, eggs, whatever the hell they want without us so much as blinking an eye in pain or remembering any of it. Either the torture is purposeful on their part, which should make everyone really afraid - no space brother there, or it's purposeful on our part, and then people need to reflect more themselves on such expericences and why these commonalities of medically invasive torture and probing sexual obsession are present.

The assumption seems to often be since they have FTL drive, and since that is in our own minds a huge leap technologically, they should likewise be better advanced in apsects discussed like screen memorys etc.

But that doesnt need to be the case. we may engineer our own FTL drive very soon if the reports doing the rounds are correct.

We already have the ability to Implant screen memorys ourselves, and thats on a system we know reasonably well ie the human brain.

Its not impossible that 50 years from now we will have FTL drive, but still be crappy at implanting screen memorys in dolphins and chimps.......

It also may only be a single key aspect of what they are, that they need to protect, as long as they get that right they may not care if the screen memory holds or not.

My post biological hypothesis plays into this.

Lets assume they are PB sophonts, perhaps even human PB sophonts from our future.

As long as that cat doesnt get out of the bag they might be satisfied with a 98 percent screen memory effectiveness. the fail rate of 2 percent is also OK since in those cases the abductees "see" Aliens from another planet.

Nothing in the abduction narrative suggests PB humans from the future (unless you think outside the box and then there are clues imo) in that respect then the method of covering their tracks is working well within the mission objective

The mistake i see being made here in discussions of the Abduction phenomena is we try to make the square peg of the narrative, fit the hole of our experience and limited knowledge of existance. Imo the answer is likely to be outside of our experience. We see the world through the filter of our biological existance.

To the tadpole the frog is an ET an alien creature..........

The frog comes and goes from the tadpoles biosphere, its alien in its physical form. The tadpole will never guess at how they are connected. And the frog doesnt care if it cant.

Even if the Frog could tell the tadpole, "we are you from the future" It still wouldnt make the leap pun intended and grasp the larger reality that is such a mystery to the tadpole

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea that technological advancement proceeds in parallel is also not born out by the terrestrial model.

First we had lighter than air flight, then heavier than ear flight, then supersonic flight, then spaceflight.

We have sequenced the genome, can create synthetic life in the lab. can transplant just about every organ, with a total head transplant in the works.
We have bionic ears, eyes and limbs

A species that can do all of that......

But it cant cure a common cold.........

Isnt that the exact same narrative we hear in the AP ?

A species so advanced it can walk on its moon, put robots on other planets, talk face to face in real time from anywhere on the planet.....

But it cant cure a cold.....

If Dean Radin is correct and our minds can anticipate the future and then might we not also be able to network our consciousnesses to produce a third harmony: the construction of a mythology that we see as operating outside of ourselves, an external agent, when in fact it may be much, much closer to home than we think. The intentions, effects and results are still similar. Yes there is a trickster, the sane way we can be tricked by our own dreams.

Cahill's case is mostly suspicious, including the supposed secondary witnesses. I'm not convinced. Karla Turer was a UFO mystic.

Sure I'm also up for any number of possible sources for the material for the experience - collective unconscious, the future speaking backwards - insert whatever speculation suits in this space - but what really gets me is the double standard applied to the abduction thing. No one has come up with any sensible explanation for the mechanism by which the experience occurs that is subsequently reported as the abduction by the witness. People who claim it is a dream or associated with a sleep state simply haven't done their homework. Call them all liars - unlikely. And there isn't a shred of evidence to link mental illness to the phenomena.

A lot of people on this thread are missing the whole point of Ms Marden's gist - the nature of the experience is unknown but the fact of it's occurrence is near certain.

And to simply write Turner and Cahill off, respectively, as of dubious credibility and a mystic recalls friedman's debunkers strategy:
  1. Don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
  2. If one can’t attack the data, attack the people. It is easier.
  3. Do one’s research by proclamation rather than investigation. It is much easier, and nobody will know the difference anyway.
Both wrote comprehensive, credible well written accounts of their experiences - which I've read btw - and for what? To sell a thousand copies of their book at most... To get famous? In the obscure circle of alien abduction research which is such a fast track to popularity and wealth - hardly. Like Chris said on an interview I heard one day - talking about cattle mutilations at a party is a real buzz kill. But someone has to look into it right?

I'm not claiming millions are being abducted by grey aliens. All I'm saying is that something very odd, and of much greater significance than mere recitation of collective unconscious, cultural scripting, participatory myth making etc is going on.

IMHO we really have to listen to these people..no matter how uncomfortable the topic makes us feel or the dissonance it creates.

Last edited:
Sure I'm also up for any number of possible sources for the material for the experience - collective unconscious, the future speaking backwards - insert whatever speculation suits in this space - but what really gets me is the double standard applied to the abduction thing. No one has come up with any sensible explanation for the mechanism by which the experience occurs that is subsequently reported as the abduction by the witness. People who claim it is a dream or associated with a sleep state simply haven't done their homework. Call them all liars - unlikely. And there isn't a shred of evidence to link mental illness to the phenomena.

A lot of people on this thread are missing the whole point of Ms Marden's gist - the nature of the experience is unknown but the fact of it's occurrence is near certain.

And to simply write Turner and Cahill off, respectively, as of dubious credibility and a mystic recalls friedman's debunkers strategy:
  1. Don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
  2. If one can’t attack the data, attack the people. It is easier.
  3. Do one’s research by proclamation rather than investigation. It is much easier, and nobody will know the difference anyway.
Both wrote comprehensive, credible well written accounts of their experiences - which I've read btw - and for what? To sell a thousand copies of their book at most... To get famous? In the obscure circle of alien abduction research which is such a fast track to popularity and wealth - hardly. Like Chris said on an interview I heard one day - talking about cattle mutilations at a party is a real buzz kill. But someone has to look into it right?

I'm not claiming millions are being abducted by grey aliens. All I'm saying is that something very odd, and of much greater significance than mere recitation of collective unconscious, cultural scripting, participatory myth making etc is going on.

IMHO we really have to listen to these people..no matter how uncomfortable the topic makes us feel or the dissonance it creates.

Really well stated. That's exactly what I plan on doing regarding these cases, listen.

Actually there's a considerable sum of evidence of researchers who work with people who have Alien Abduction Syndrome identifying complete schizophrenic breakdowns. The parallels between some people who believe that they are in contact with aliens and schizoidal narratives featuring The Operators are very similar actually. Chris Rutkowski's book on alien abductions is a very through and compassionate approach to people who are struggling with impossible events in their lives. In the book he identifies a number of fascinating cases that include straight up examples of schizophrenic breaks, some whose personal obsessions with aliens & ufo's lead to self constructed narratives about abduction, as well as other cases of people who are perfectly sane having similar cases of contact. These are perfectly inexplicable and baffling.

However, of the major known cases I would personally not cite Cahill's as a strong one as it has more hallmarks of personal invention or possibly the rescripting of a traumatic moment as an abduction scenario. Personal trauma and AAS appear to be linked in a number of cases where the mind rescripts events. It's not uncommon, as we've heard on the Paracast, for abduction researchers to have cases where people redefine sexual assaults as alien abduction narratives.

I agree very much with listening, though, as we've also heard on countless occasions, that the best people to do the listening should be non-judgmental, clinical therapists. People without any clinical backgrounds engaging in hypnosis with deeply troubled people does not serve them but serves the investigator whose narrative is predetermined. Some do indeed write for the fame.

When I say Turner was a mystic I don't say it lightly. In interviews she is often manic, very intense and operating on a different level. Her books are equally illuminating and may indeed represent an example of unknown contact and/or strange experiments. But this can be said for many of the significant cases. One of the most engaging aspects of AP is the telling of the surreal tale that links with other tales. Do these stories have value? Yes, because they are a part of human culture that is patterned.

Whatever AAS is, it is certainly not just one thing. While I feel the likelihood of aliens from another planet coming here to abduct, hybridize or make contact with us to be mostly impossible, I can't rule that option out entirely. Again, looking at what these people have in common is probably the best path to take, instead of constructing wild scenarios or believing the story. Project Core offers some interesting possibilities, especially the penchant for synesthesia to be amongst this cohort. More witness studies in the future will continue to yield better options as will the lack of major abduction researchers promoting their narrative, confirming impossible stories of meeting people on ships with zero proof, not hypnotizing people nor validating fantasies of human hybrids. These experiences deserve much better.

Two good reads for consideration: http://selfdefinition.org/hearing-v...-Things-the-Inner-Life-of-a-Schizophrenic.pdfhttp://selfdefinition.org/hearing-v...-Things-the-Inner-Life-of-a-Schizophrenic.pdf
Operators+and+things.jpg

81CvqS%2B8eOL.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever AAS is, it is certainly not just one thing. While I feel the likelihood of aliens from another planet coming here to abduct, hybridize or make contact with us to be mostly impossible, I can't rule that option out entirely. Again, looking at what these people have in common is probably the best path to take, instead of constructing wild scenarios or believing the story. Project Core offers some interesting possibilities, especially the penchant for synesthesia to be amongst this cohort. More witness studies in the future will continue to yield better options as will the lack of major abduction researchers promoting their narrative, confirming impossible stories of meeting people on ships with zero proof, not hypnotizing people nor validating fantasies of human hybrids. These experiences deserve much better.

All good points. Regressive hypnosis is hugely problematic in this area – having undergone it myself, I now understand its utility in behavioural modification through the power of suggestion, and its complete lack of utility for evidence gathering purposes in abduction research. I experienced a very powerful impulse to please the therapist by second-guessing the responses she was after. There is no place for it in abduction research IMHO.

As to the whole mental illness side of things, MUFON and Kathleen Marden are well aware of the issue, and screen, with the assistance of mental health professionals, the responses to eliminate these cases the best they can. She said as much in the interview. and there was no suggestion of it in any of the cases we have discussed in this thread. It fails as an explanation for the thousands upon thousands of people across all walks of life who report these encounters – with no background of mental illness.

At the risk of sounding like I'm seeking the last word on this topic I do want to restate that the list of things that we've raised in this discussion including - 1. cultural scripting, 2. collective unconscious, 3. synaesthesia, 4. patterned human culture - are general terms that pertain to the source, or inspiration, or material for what people recount but they are not in any sense a mechanism that might offer any assistance in explaining what the experience is. They serve as a vague screen which allows skeptics to safely stay behind so as to avoid looking into the real question which is what actually happens during one of these experiences.

They are not an explanation for those who experience missing time after pulling over to observe a UFO, nor do they describe what happens to people undergoing waking experiences in their bed at night.

Those of us, and there are many people in the Paracast listenership included in this category, who have looked extensively across all of the areas of the paranormal for (too) many years, come to the realisation that while the categories are not closed, there appear to be a finite number of consciousness altering experiences that get regular attention from researchers and authors - amateur or otherwise. Without purporting to be an exclusive list they include things like OOBE's, time slips, lucid dreams, NDE's, DMT/ psilocybin interactions with the intelligence behind the veil, poltergeist, and trance mediumship.

Each one can be pinned, to a greater or lesser degree, to a cause (sometimes not fully understood), or to an underlying set of circumstances, that are, in some cases, replicable. You take the DMT, or train yourself to have OOBEs or lucid dreams, We trace the time slips to certain parts of the earth where they are reported more often than not, we link poltergeists to the sex, age and personality type of the experiencer - and we have numerous first hand accounts from journalists and police in attendance who have seen objects move unassisted in space.

The same can't be said of abductions. At the moment, at least to the best of my knowledge, we know of no causal mechanism behind the abduction experience save for the tenuous and controversial link to interaction with UFOs and grey aliens - which can't be a cause in any sense of the word - because the very existence of the alleged cause is yet to be proved to any scientific standard.

So in my view it stands in a category of mystery all of its own. Widely and reliably reported by very middle class and very ordinary people - the sort of people whose evidence gets accepted in court rooms everyday on more prosaic matters, very traumatic and transformative in nature, and wholly unexplained as to what causes it. Reporting these experiences is a shit sandwich - most sensible people don't until they can bear it no longer, and most do so on the basis of anonymity. Kathleen Marden, again, said as much.

My speculation, for whats its worth, and I have no expectation of vindication nor disabusal in my lifetime on the current state of UFO research, is that every day human brain-connected consciousness is the tip of the metaphorical consciousness iceberg, the spectrum of which exists wholly inaccessible to us most of the time, save for certain accident, drug or meditative induced windows. Some other intelligence (maybe part of us, maybe not - but clearly autonomous and manipulative in its own space) has access to the part that lies underwater, and interacts with a not insignificant percentage of the human population regularly for presently unknown motives.

If any part of it is true, it deserves a whole lot more attention than it gets.

Last edited:
A) They are all liars participating in one of the greatest secret conspiracies of all time.
B) Because they actually happen.

Pick one.

Or they aren't lying but it's not Aliens because we're not being visited by extra-terrestrials. It's most likely a psychological construct to help them cope with a different problem.

Disagree on alien as that would be a great leap of faith but more some type of force which manipulates our minds and maybe some offset effects of human technology is plausible mate. Others more like WTF especially when the event scares living daylight out of the eyewitness. More science investigations with open minds.

At the risk of sounding like I'm seeking the last word on this topic I do want to restate that the list of things that we've raised in this discussion including - 1. cultural scripting, 2. collective unconscious, 3. synaesthesia, 4. patterned human culture - are general terms that pertain to the source, or inspiration, or material for what people recount but they are not in any sense a mechanism that might offer any assistance in explaining what the experience is. They serve as a vague screen which allows skeptics to safely stay behind so as to avoid looking into the real question which is what actually happens during one of these experiences.

They are not an explanation for those who experience missing time after pulling over to observe a UFO, nor do they describe what happens to people undergoing waking experiences in their bed at night.
I don't see these as screens so much as important considerations when it comes to talking about these events that take place on the margins of human experience. Understanding what it is about us that informs the construction of the airship & saucer or elf and grey alien seems to me what needs to be pinned down. How much are we the source of this story must be answered, as it's obvious in how the phenomenon conforms to our own expectations of it and that we are definitely co-creators of what was "seen." Those four features speak to some parts of the nature of the narrative. They include identifying sources of the experience as well as how we go about describing these experiences. The source can be mundane, psyho-social or may in fact have an external source. The proof of these three options runs on a very steep sliding scale.

What's called "missing time" has many possibilities. Can we really so quickly connect the disparate dots and say "abduction" when we have only patterns of a story? The patterns, like the lack of a threshold experience - remembering entrances and exits to the ship - imply something of a more internal nature may be taking place.

Each one can be pinned, to a greater or lesser degree, to a cause (sometimes not fully understood), or to an underlying set of circumstances, that are, in some cases, replicable. You take the DMT, or train yourself to have OOBEs or lucid dreams, We trace the time slips to certain parts of the earth where they are reported more often than not, we link poltergeists to the sex, age and personality type of the experiencer - and we have numerous first hand accounts from journalists and police in attendance who have seen objects move unassisted in space.

The same can't be said of abductions. At the moment, at least to the best of my knowledge, we know of no causal mechanism behind the abduction experience save for the tenuous and controversial link to interaction with UFOs and grey aliens - which can't be a cause in any sense of the word - because the very existence of the alleged cause is yet to be proved to any scientific standard.
The more that paranormality starts to catch up with contemporary science the more we find new information about these contexts. We can make various links to the abducted just as we do with the poltergeist source. Age & gender do not always matter but other contexts and settings specific to the experiencer do. Different cultural contexts often report different types of alien contact. Just how many people started getting abducted by greys, instead of reptilans and nordics, following the translations of Communion in foreign markets would be an interesting study. Rutkowski does complete some of the categorization of the abductee as did Project Core. That so many of these experiences are reported before, after & during sleep needs attention specific to that physiological context.

My speculation, for whats its worth, and I have no expectation of vindication nor disabusal in my lifetime on the current state of UFO research, is that every day human brain-connected consciousness is the tip of the metaphorical consciousness iceberg, the spectrum of which exists wholly inaccessible to us most of the time, save for certain accident, drug or meditative induced windows. Some other intelligence (maybe part of us, maybe not - but clearly autonomous and manipulative in its own space) has access to the part that lies underwater, and interacts with a not insignificant percentage of the human population regularly for presently unknown motives.
Given the current pacing of ufology I fear you are quite right. However, if there were increased opportunities to bring these more contemporary scientific lenses to bear on paranormality I would hazard that we'd get more certainty regarding many of the cases, leaving much more room to assess and evaluate those truly weird outlier cases that migh indeed start pointing us in directions not yet known nor considered.

If any part of it is true, it deserves a whole lot more attention than it gets.
I agree completely. Studying and categorizing witnesses is a good place to start. Ruling out the many other possible physiological & psychological causes also needs some work as we are just starting to get a better grasp on: how traumatic expericences can impact the brain and create repetitions of initial trauma in new scripts, or how fear changes brain chemistry; how the Default Mode Network can create altered experiences that feel very much like material reality and how diverse a spectrum the biological world of hallucinations is. Why do we only ever rarely hear about these contemporary scientific lenses when it comes to parnormal experiences, especially when it comes to abductions? The mind is a richly complex territory and I can not see how we can so confidently validate the most incredible of potential human experiences without attending to these lenses. That's not skepticism or debunking - it's just practical.

Want answers to all your questions? End the debate, stop posting for a week or so, go do your homework with the ET Channeling and Channelers | The Paracast Community Forums

Or not. It's your choice.
Each to their own and not knocking channelling which reminds me of hypnosis in the same category both are hard to investigate and the evidence is suspect. However, not disagree something out there which can manipulate our minds and like in the Wizard of OZ who's behind the curtain???? Don' touched on great point in his outstanding radio show Darkmatters which more likely some type of (religious label ) angelic beings/? which "might " be able to cross through planes or fabric of the universe. For example as mentioned before a odd event happened when a dark type of shadow moved through a room which gave most terrible growl which you could feel the breathing close to your face. The other eyewitness suggested the growl was like a bear. The object disappeared once you mentioned a religious words / praying? What ever it was reminded me of the thing in its colour.

But I thought the notion of human hybrid children to be mostly ridiculous. The idea that our species and another species from another planet would be biologically compatible is just beyond merit. Those abduction narratives that centre around sex, sperm, eggs and alien hybrids point directly towards Alien Abduction Syndrome as a very psychological event in such instances.

Maybe they're from this planet (e.g. cryptoterrestrials) and we share some common genetics making us compatible enough (with some genetic manipulation).

But I thought the notion of human hybrid children to be mostly ridiculous. The idea that our species and another species from another planet would be biologically compatible is just beyond merit.

Actually the science is suggesting the opposite of that assumption

Water In Stardust Shows Alien Life May Be Common Across Universe

What are you made of? You may never have thought about it before, but every atom in your body was once part of a star, even several stars in succession. And almost all the elements that make up your body — carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and so on — would not exist at all without the stars.
How can I make such statements? Because astronomers know fairly well how stars work, and have overwhelming evidence to support these assertions and many others. Our understanding of how stars work has been growing for more than a century, in parallel with developments in physics, and is now very sophisticated.
We now know how stars live and how they die, and where to find their dead bodies. We understand how they make all the chemical elements beyond hydrogen, and how these elements are distributed through space, ultimately to make planets, and eventually in a few cases, life

Did you know that we're all made of stars? | OUPblog

Near-Earth Objects and Life On Earth

Is Earth Unique or Is Life Common Across the Universe?

Building block of life found on comet| Reuters

So the latest evidence suggests the basic building blocks are likely to be the same and widespread. We also know that hybridising the resulting lifeforms within our own biosphere is something than given some technological help can be done.

Hybrid (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, the basic building blocks look like being universal and common , stardust and water
The expressions of those elements here ie Life, can be hybridised by a number of means

Thus if life from elsewhere was formed from the same basic building blocks as created life here, which can and does hybridise. Its actually more not less likely such life having formed from the very same building blocks stardust and water would be able to hybridise

gene-splicing - the technology of preparing recombinant DNA in vitro by cutting up DNA molecules and splicing together fragments from more than
one organism

Why aliens might look like you: DNA could be a 'universal constant' - making humans and ET closer to 'cousins' | Daily Mail Online

Universal DNA Switch Shakes Up Biology

The genetic code is almost universal. The same codons are assigned to the same amino acids and to the same START and STOP signals in the vast majority of genes in animals, plants, and microorganisms. However, some exceptions have been found. Most of these involve assigning one or two of the three STOP codons to an amino acid instead.
The Genetic Code

Actually the science is suggesting the opposite of that assumption

Im inclined to agree. My biggest conceptual hurdle to the abduction thing, assuming its happening at all, is whether it happens in physical space or somewhere else. Can DNA be manipulated in imaginal space? Does it have a Platonic form underlying it that can be changed to bring about a corrolary in the physical expression of the gene?

If abductions occur in physical space, I have no conceptual difficulty at all with manipulation of human DNA by these things. They appear to have the tech to phase change, distort or reorder time, and stick any image or memory they choose into the consciousness of the experiencer.

Meanwhile on this backward little planet we create pigs with snouts that glow flouro pink and green, clone sheep and watch shows like Southpark where the mad scientist breeds a four-arsed monkey.

In fact I think genetic manipulation, in any of its myriad forms - be it our nascent scientific experimentation on animals or the watering down of bloodlines when a dominant culture colonises another - is inevitable when a technologically superior culture takes an interest in another.

If, and this is a big if, abductions are occurring I'd be shocked if they weren't manipulating our genes.

I havnt got time to write a essay about the show. But Kathleen was a pleasure to listen to. Great episode

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If abductions occur in physical space, I have no conceptual difficulty at all with manipulation of human DNA by these things. They appear to have the tech to phase change, distort or reorder time, and stick any image or memory they choose into the consciousness of the experiencer.

Meanwhile on this backward little planet we create pigs with snouts that glow flouro pink and green, clone sheep and watch shows like Southpark where the mad scientist breeds a four-arsed monkey.

In fact I think genetic manipulation, in any of its myriad forms - be it our nascent scientific experimentation on animals or the watering down of bloodlines when a dominant culture colonises another - is inevitable when a technologically superior culture takes an interest in another.

If, and this is a big if, abductions are occurring I'd be shocked if they weren't manipulating our genes.
If it was happening in our physical space and our DNA was being manipulated then I would expect we would all know about it about by now, as seen on the order of our own noses turning into glow in the dark pig snouts.

The god like status granted to the occupants of the airships is an interestingly familiar way of seeing our own place in the universe, as diminutive lab rats visiting either psychological or manipulated planes of existence. So no passport to Annwn for us, just medieval torture shows that conform to what we expect they would be up to with us, which is nothing short of what any experimental nazi maniac might not consider doing to us. You'd think an alien would get up to more alien things instead of probing us all the time.

However, if all our experiences in the universe are contextual then the meaning we can make of this is none too different than past narratives of our diminished capacities, we vulnerable & meek. So really, no space brother here, no invitation to come join the galactic federation, no the message of this story is the old one - we are property. Is this what the narrative of abductions has to offer?

Back