• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 18, 2015 — Greg Bishop

I like Chris a lot, but fear that some of his comments about the forum will later "date" the episodes. Gene does his best usually to make the episodes universal. The episodes can be listened to years later and still seem fresh and exciting. But when Chris discusses forum issues (which should be discussed ON the forum, not on the air), this can make the episode later seem dated. Just my view.

Derrell Sims is not high on my list of reputable people.
Yeah, he is entertaining, but we are on very different wave lengths. For example, he is very proud of telling people that he stopped his abductions when he was 17. He was just too macho for the aliens to handle. This whole machismo aspect of his personality is tiresome.

Enjoyed this interview. Yes, it was like "bar talk." If you listen to my show, most of my interviews are like this. Radio Misterioso is done for partly selfish reasons. Therefore, I do not explain or background the listeners that much. I assume they have enough of a grounding in the subject or they wouldn't be listening. There are no commercials or sponsors or anyone else whose opinions and concerns that I, the guests, or the listeners need to care about. Since this is done in my spare time and offered for free, it is basically a way for me to continue my interest and education on various subjects. I have a small audience and I don't mind if it never gets beyond that. If it does, great, but I know it is not a popular format. The only way this would change is if I was offered a decent amount of money. Probably won't happen, but as Jim Moseley used to say, "But so what?"

The not-so-distant future has arrived.

The time taken, week in and out, year after year to present something of interest that listeners may appreciate, (especially with very little financial return), is a testament to interest, endurance, and commitment. I’m sure many appreciate your “selfishness” as usually is the case that once mainstream media latches onto something paranormal /UFO/UAP related the grim reaper arrives. That’s what is truly appreciated about “Mirage Men” as the provocative documentary was told as the unvarnished truth, although Linda Howe amongst others may strongly disagree.

Wouldn’t it just be splendid if all of us could have experienced what Jim and Gene have? I would have given a million dollars to live in those shoes.., as Jim did. I’m still searching for a copy of “Whispers from Space” in DVD format, (sold out). Although cost prohibitive, there’s one new VHS copy floating around out there somewhere, (Bigelow probably has it by now). Anyway, there seems to be quite a vacuum since Jim’s departure, with very few left to wrestle the alligators in this swamp.

BTW, some time ago I recall Chris mentioning a case involving a mother and daughter who were being visited by some type of being attired in a gold lame cape. If recollection serves me, it was a rather twisted and tawdry tale.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I can think of that i would like to add came in the closing minutes when the question of tbe extent of Bigfoot corporeal (?) form came up, when it came down to "these guys thinks it's real and these guys think it's interdimensional". I ask why can't it be both ? There could be a number of flesh and blood hairy hominids milling about...but perhaps not enough in numbers that would leave the to be expected physical traces about. As far the stories of the appearing and disappearing Bigfoots, i point out if you are receptive to the ideas of a tulpa like being or if you have certain ideas what a ghost or spirit might be then you should consider that the same principals apply here. also you hear of apparent time rifts where people have reported themselves to find themselves transported back in time, the same thing could very well happen in the woods and furthermore you wouldn't have any reference points to use to come to that conclusion, i.e structures or period dress. Given that the Bigfoot legend goes back centuries and are part of legend if any beastie deserved to have been "tulpafied" or deserves to have come back from the past it would be these guys.

My immediate reaction to this comment is to say "who decides who is worthy to come back from the past?" It's an interesting theory, I'm just not sure how it would all work out. My thought is that, if Bigfoot are in fact time travelers who manage to bounce back and forth between different periods of time, how is it that beings this technologically advanced keep being discovered by humans? Is it perhaps that they cannot control the time and location of their transportation? Or the higher power that controls them cannot control these variables?

Mr. Bishop was an excellent guest and I look forward to his next appearance on The Paracast!

Radio Misterioso is done for partly selfish reasons. Therefore, I do not explain or background the listeners that much. I assume they have enough of a grounding in the subject or they wouldn't be listening.

Most of The Paracast listeners are well informed (at least the ones I've come across on the forums), so you're right to compare them with your Misterioso audience.

That being said, after listening to this interview and enjoying the discussion, I'm mighty compelled to listen in on your next Misterioso podcast!

Enjoyed this interview. Yes, it was like "bar talk." If you listen to my show, most of my interviews are like this. Radio Misterioso is done for partly selfish reasons. Therefore, I do not explain or background the listeners that much. I assume they have enough of a grounding in the subject or they wouldn't be listening.
That's what i appreciate most about the show as the dialogue is an ongoing series of chapters about various different ideas and if you've listened to a lot of them the continuity is quite pleasant with a lot of depth. You often provide guests and opportunities for perspectives on various ideas, events and all things ufological that explores the illogic of it all. Years ago, when i went through that stereotypical rediscovery of UFO's later in life i searched around for various podcasts that were investigating things seriously and with a strong appreciation for the content. Your show and the Paracast were the only ones that stuck. They are very different shows with a lot of different flavours but i enjoyed how this show sounded like both a Paracast and a Misterioso episode at the same time. You bring a commitment and a sustained, honest interest to the discussion that is really refreshing. I can't thank you enough for introducing me to so many Discordian ways of thinking. Your archive is one of the great rare online treasures: classic interviews with some pretty intriguing folk and some exceptionally eclectic audio. You continue to make me think more about these topics in ways that make sense out of their senselessness.

I would have liked to have known the playlist for last Sunday’s show. Greg always seems to have a knack for selecting the music, which on occasion I’ll rip off and play over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bishop's 100+ (?) Radio Misterioso interviews are fantastic... have listened to most of them over years... including a few with Chris.

You guys ALL need to update your paranormal studies regarding CURRENT holography technology. Check-out this Youtube at the 52+ minute mark... linked below... to see concert/show technology with real performances using lifelike artist holograms singing/dancing moving on stage with real humans too. Can't see/tell which is real or fake!

The Holographic Universe (Part One) - YouTube

And, the military DARPA research is 50 years ahead of what can be done with life-sized moving and zoom (up/down) image projection holography for many years now. Real-time holographic battlefield imagery is advancing at an "unbelievable" pace. Reality is already blurred and confused and "replaced" by holographic technology.

Last edited:
Playlist of all music from Radio Misterioso - 1/18/15

Holy Ghost - The Bar-Kays
Ghost Guitars - Baron Daemon and the Vampires
Ghost Of The St Louis Blues - Emmett Miller
The Sound Effects Man - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
It Never Rains In Sunny California - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat) - Doors
Quiero Amor - Gene Pitney
Love Is Strange - Chubby Checker and Dee Dee Sharp
Frankenstein - France Gall
The Lonely Sentry - Rusty Diamond with guest star Maryanne Mail
Bathtime In Clerkenwell - The Real Tuesday Weld
Walk Like An Egyptian - Puppini Sisters
Skellykins - Rusty Diamond

Last edited:
Is it the music that makes these virtual reality productions more attractive than nonvirtual reality?

Will we appreciate virtual reality devices on actual battlefields apparently without the music tracks (unless we're observing the battlefields in videos with attractive audio attached)?

Playlist of all music from Radio Misterioso - 1/18/15

Holy Ghost - The Bar-Kays
Ghost Guitars - Baron Daemon and the Vampires
Ghost Of The St Louis Blues - Emmett Miller
The Sound Effects Man - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
It Never Rains In Sunny California - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat) - Doors
Quiero Amor - Gene Pitney
Love Is Strange - Chubby Checker and Dee Dee Sharp
Frankenstein - France Gall
The Lonely Sentry - Rusty Diamond with guest star Maryanne Mail
Bathtime In Clerkenwell - The Real Tuesday Weld
Walk Like An Egyptian - Puppini Sisters
Skellykins - Rusty Diamond

That’s it alright. Thanks for providing the list and eking out these obscure tunes for all to enjoy.

Don't take things for granted when Greg Bishop arrives on The Paracast. Assumptions just aren't his game.

Feel free to comment about this freewheeling discussion that even includes a short talk about time travel back to key UFO encounters.
Just listened to the after show episode and have to smile. Chris bringing up a prior idea of women sleeping with rollers in their hair and seeds inside the rollers is something I had never heard. I also enjoyed hearing Chris' reflection about his experience at 7 years old.

Spacebro, great to see you posting in the forum too! Thank you for your time spent doing this.

Since Gabe was under an NDA and Greg is not, don't you think he has some very valuable information remaining from his father's papers and discussions/contacts that Greg had too with all the characters surrounding what happened with Bennewitz and top secret "unconventional aircraft", Dulce, the cattle experiments, Bigelow's probings, etc. that still needs to be released publicly by someone WITH some analysis of what else Gabe knew but couldn't reveal while still living.

Greg V. doesn't have time to do it, but with your expertise and your past central casting within the telling of these events -why!- you're just the man to further probe these Mirage Men.

I think there is still a lot of missing information and good storytelling that could still be revealed in another book about this. When you interviewed Greg you seemed very tempted to pursue this idea, and I am very excited and pleased you could see the value in doing that. I would damn sure buy your book about this.

Maybe Greg V. could get some more info from Doty too, since they're both on the same police force??? Doty retired by now?

Last edited:
Back