• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 11, 2015 — David Stinnett

So the show is brilliant until we ask a hard question then? Sorry, asking someone to justify their claims isn't being a "dick," but it is being a responsible journalist. There are lots of claims out there, and it's time people face serious questions on the subject. That makes The Paracast almost unique. If you don't like that approach, don't listen. Plain and simple!

I guess it's hard to show anything on a podcast where you can't be seen

It wouldn't have taken much too much effort to point out a passage or two...or three... that he felt validated he conclusions. Granted It would be a tough sell because as was discussed in after the paracast the bible was been altered more times than a R rated movie on the television and thus very open to interpetation, as are many paranormal events but I still would have given him a decent grade for effort and having the courage to stay with his convictions and at least trying to show why his findings are plausible but this effort was a total fail. Not even trying to make a connection with the Sulphuric smells associated in demonology and ufo and paranormal events ? Tsk Tsk That's Demonology 101

So the show is brilliant until we ask a hard question then? Sorry, asking someone to justify their claims isn't being a "dick," but it is being a responsible journalist. There are lots of claims out there, and it's time people face serious questions on the subject. That makes The Paracast almost unique. If you don't like that approach, don't listen. Plain and simple!
Oh and before I leave I want to make it perfectly clear I had no problems with the questions at all, it was the argumentative unnecessary way in which you put those questions forward you went from great journalism to completely unprofessional in record time.

The fact remains that this show was great until two hours in when you turned into a dick. For me you spoiled the show. Pot Kettle whatever. There is something out there I don't know what but my mind remains very open. Unlike some of your listeners. Quit trying to sensationalise your show and stop being argumentative with your guests. You had a brilliant show going on and up until your tone changed I had the utmost respect for you and thought you were a fair and decent guy asking all the right questions I was engrossed in your show. There was no need to turn it sour.
What do I know? What have I seen? Why do people like me choose to keep our mouths tightly shut? Why did I go looking for answers? Until people like you play nicely then my dear you will never know.
Who is playing nice here? You call Gene a 'dick' and then state you won't say what you believe other than to say you are probably an ass kisser where Stinnett is concerned. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Who is playing nice here? You call Gene a 'dick' and then state you won't say what you believe other than to say you are probably an ass kisser where Stinnett is concerned. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Let me make one thing very clear. I don't kiss ass. I say it as I see it. I seem to have rattled a few cages here.
lol I don't kiss ass, had Mr Stinnett been a dick I would have called it. I promised myself I wouldn't argue with the ignorant as they cannot be educated. Yet here I am.

It wouldn't have taken much too much effort to point out a passage or two...or three... that he felt validated he conclusions. Granted It would be a tough sell because as was discussed in after the paracast the bible was been altered more times than a R rated movie on the television and thus very open to interpetation, as are many paranormal events but I still would have given him a decent grade for effort and having the courage to stay with his convictions and at least trying to show why his findings are plausible but this effort was a total fail. Not even trying to make a connection with the Sulphuric smells associated in demonology and ufo and paranormal events ? Tsk Tsk That's Demonology 101
I have different views to you on that and that last thirty minutes for me was where it went wrong. It could have ended on a good note given a chance but that chance was denied by the "journalist"

I have different views to you on that and that last thirty minutes for me was where it went wrong.

And I have different views on what constitutes being a dick. If the guys had slighted him while talking to him or even worse, done so in the after show when he wouldn't be in a position of defending himself then i would say they were being a dick. I felt Chris summed it up perfectly (in part because his wrap up mirrored mine :) )
Being aggressive in trying to get a person to be more forthcoming is not being a dick, it's being a good journalist. You'll note the lack of air quotes here on journalist as none were needed.

Since we're going to play this game evidently, please quote a question you found rude. Start with just one and we'll go from there.
It wasn't your questions, I liked your questions, it was how you turned argumentative and nasty just after two hours. It was how your persona changed like the flick of a switch. You turned "on a sixpence". Don't be mean Gene for what it's worth I loved you for two hours.

And I have different views on what constitutes being a dick. If the guys had slighted him while talking to him or even worse, done so in the after show when he wouldn't be in a position of defending himself then i would say they were being a dick. I felt Chris summed it up perfectly (in part because his wrap up mirrored mine :) )
Being aggressive in trying to get a person to be more forthcoming is not being a dick, it's being a good journalist. You'll note the lack of air quotes here on journalist as none were needed.
Aggression was unnecessary. And yes being female we do tend to have different views to you on what constitutes being a dick. That's why men sleep on the couch so much.

One more time: Please explain specifically which questions you felt were nasty and why.
One final time, it was the manner in which you spoke, the aggressive argumentative tone. From just after the two hour mark. It was not the question itself it was the bullish tone you used when you asked the question.

You've so far repeating the same claims for over a dozen messages. You have failed to provide an example of how I was rude to the guest.

That being the case, please leave this discussion, or I will enforce that request. Thank you.

You've so far repeating the same claims for over a dozen messages. You have failed to provide an example of how I was rude to the guest.

That being the case, please leave this discussion, or I will enforce that request. Thank you.
Gene I actually walked away from this but you keep messaging me. The reason I keep repeating myself is the fact you cannot comprehend you ruined your interview after two hours.
You refuse to accept you have an attitude problem.
Your persona leaves a lot to be desired.
Your ignorance of my criticism leaves me perplexed.
Now I'm happy to be booted. I appear to have gotten under your skin.
Criticism is hard pill to swallow. I am sorry I bruised your ego. Farewell my egotistical one. It was fun whilst it lasted x

In summation the take home message here is let your guests make whatever opaque claims they want and without any clarification whatsoever and you guys should just be happy you filled a 2 hour time slot. Duly noted.

If ufoangel1407 is still reading at least, I did like that line about men sleeping on the couch that was sharp and pointed, well done. But I have to point out that as easy going and assuming (read: non-agressive) as i am, i got VERY frustrated with David's dancing. Given the number of guests that have been on the Paracast over the years to be put in the same category as Aaron Kaplan and Brad Cousins is no small feat and yes I did go there.

In summation the take home message here is let your guests make whatever opaque claims they want and without any clarification whatsoever and you guys should just be happy you filled a 2 hour time slot. Duly noted.

If ufoangel1407 is still reading at least, I did like that line about men sleeping on the couch that was sharp and pointed, well done. But I have to point out that as easy going and assuming (read: non-agressive) as i am, i got VERY frustrated with David's dancing. Given the number of guests that have been on the Paracast over the years to be put in the same category as Aaron Kaplan and Brad Cousins is no small feat and yes I did go there.
At least with Kaplan and Cousins, we knew what we were getting. Stinnett's approach, though not an unfamiliar concept, came out of the blue. I expected a straightforward presentation of UFO information and case histories. As I said in this week's After The Paracast episode, it reminded me of my late uncle, Louis Kaplan, famous in "Jewish Voice" circles, meaning Jews for Jesus.

I was really enjoying this up till around 2hrs mins when I felt Gene turned into a dick. I think David is knowledgeable, held his own and answered everything that was thrown at him. On this forum I cannot believe he's been accused of not thinking outside of the box when it appears it's a lot of people on here with closed minds. To even throw the "I'm gay" and to imply David is in anyway against you or his views are responsible for what you have gone through is just total bs. Instead of respecting his views and ideas some choose to have a total melt down. He never once asked anyone to believe him just to consider the possibility or get off your own backsides and take a look for yourselves. I think if you are not prepared to have an open mind in this field then you shouldn't be here.
Ironically, you are annoyed by the way Gene treated David, but you call him a "dick", which is far more uncouth and rude than anything Gene said. Also, as the "gay man" you referred to, I was not even talking about David. If you would like to read my comment again, I was saying that Christians of his ilk have literally called me demonic. Come on. Why don't you simply be honest with us. You are a fundamentalist Christian and therefore need to defend your "teammate".

Back