• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

J.C. Johnson January 26, 2014

Free episodes:

Or, it could be like shooting a flesh and blood animal...like a bear. You hit it once or twice in the pumper with a large caliber rifle and it drops. Boom. You have PROOF that bigfoot exists.
People hunt all the time and bystanders arent hit(Dick Cheney not withstanding).
As for the running away AFTER shooting at it...couldnt the same thing apply if you come across one and you arent armed and cant shoot it?

These stories seem to always lack the part that makes them credible. The part where the story teller says,"Then I raised my lever action Marlin 45/70" (or my SW500 mag or my 7mmRem Mag or something of equal or greater foot/lbs of energy out the wazooo) "and I fired repeatedly"....
Then and only then will we actually know if BF is bulletproof, ethereal, or flesh and bone.

Everyone if free to do whatever they want if/when they come across a BF. Run, cry, attempt to communicate, or poop your pants. But me, I am shooting the crap out of it.

Firstly I would like to say that I live in England, but if I lived in or visited America and was going into the "woods" there is no way on earth, that I would not be armed. (Probably just with a side arm, but most likely with a high caliber Rifle) In fact for a Vegetarian I think I have a good understanding of Hunting and firearms: the way I see it is that although the most popular caliber is the .22 even this small sounding bullet has enough knockdown power to kill the largest animals in North America, IF the shot is to a Vital. I can not believe even for one second that ALL of the hunters in America are POOR shots in fact I believe that there are probably more GOOD shots per capita than most places around the world. (Due to the status of guns in American culture) What I am trying to get at is: that there are literally millions of Hunters and Hunting trips in North America every year and not one of these has resulted in a Bigfoot "kill".

This is probably the time to also mention that there is NO evidence that a Bigfoot has ever been "poisoned" or "trapped". The same goes for one dying of natural causes, being run over or fatally wounded in some other way. To my knowledge there have been zero genuine Bigfoot bodies discovered, let alone Bones.

The only conclusion I can draw is that a Bigfoot is not a "flesh and blood" "creature".

Some people maintain that Cougar "corpses" are seldom found, but a trip to a Natural history museum will soon demonstrate that this is not true.

the way I see it is that although the most popular caliber is the .22 even this small sounding bullet has enough knockdown power to kill the largest animals in North America, IF the shot is to a Vital.

Please know that it is considered cruel and inhumane to attempt to take down a large animal with a .22.

This is why it is illegal to attempt it in many U.S. states.

Please know that it is considered cruel and inhumane to attempt to take down a large animal with a .22.

This is why it is illegal to attempt it in many U.S. states.

I agree that it is inhumane to attempt to kill a large animal from distance using .22.

However ethics do not come into play when we are evaluating what is, and what is not "possible". for example:
It is possible to kill a Blue Whale with a toothpick, which I would consider inhumane, but I could not honestly argue that it was not possible, due in no small part to the fact that a Blue Whale is a "flesh and blood" animal and as a result is "vulnerable" to even the most seemingly innocuous of attacks.

I would also like to point out that .22. has been used thousands if not millions of times by farmers to dispatch Cattle, albeit from close proximity.

If B.F exists, the only time it could even be nearing ok to shoot one is if it is imminently attacking you, and I doubt that would happen if people choose not to go into their personal space? I'd rather they stay a mystery if the only proof is a corpse from the rifle.

A .22 would just piss him off and he'd twist your head off to punish you for being so rude.
If B.F exists, the only time it could even be nearing ok to shoot one is if it is imminently attacking you, and I doubt that would happen if people choose not to go into their personal space? I'd rather they stay a mystery if the only proof is a corpse from the rifle.

Bigfoot has existed and will continue to do so, I think even the most hardened of sceptics have to concede that*. Now the "world" in which he inhabits or "exists" in is another matter entirely. I for one am in the non physical camp because there is a complete, total and entire lack of evidence pointing to the contrary, no body, no scat, no hair, no bones, no DNA etc. The idea that zoologists are actively conspiring to "cover up" the "truth" is to me, beyond ridiculous. What logical motive could they have?

IF Bigfoot is a "flesh and blood" animal then in my opinion losing one individual (one getting shot) may actually be the best thing for its continued "survival" as a species because an animal that does not officially exist cannot be protected by laws and or conservation techniques. However I do not see that as a possibility because it would have happened by now, given the volume of reported "encounters" with armed humans, let alone all of the other possible ways a "flesh and blood" creature could logically meet its demise and its body or at least its bones be "discovered".

* exists as in: he (Bigfoot) is believed in, in a similar way to God or Jesus etc. Before you say sceptics say the opposite i.e god does not exist, I do not think that they argue that some people believe he does. they may contest how accurate this belief is, but they do not argue against its "existence". (I think that makes sense?)

The only conclusion I can draw is that a Bigfoot is not a "flesh and blood" "creature".
Thats the only conclusion that you can draw?
What if BF have some kind of gland that secretes an acid that,upon death, dissolves everything?
What if everyone is just lying, or mistaken?

Why do you say that? Do you not think it is worth one dead BF(it appears that they are everywhere) to settle this once and for all.... to show the scientific community that this is a real animal and needs to be studied? Really?

IF Bigfoot is a "flesh and blood" animal then in my opinion losing one individual (one getting shot) may actually be the best thing for its continued "survival" as a species because an animal that does not officially exist cannot be protected by laws and or conservation techniques. However I do not see that as a possibility because it would have happened by now, given the volume of reported "encounters" with armed humans, let alone all of the other possible ways a "flesh and blood" creature could logically meet its demise and its body or at least its bones be "discovered".
I agree. 1 dead BF gets the conservationists on board, game wardens, rules, bag limits, seasons, protections, etc.
Perhaps these encounters were not entirely true? If I hear a story about a BF encounter with a hunter, as in"I was looking at him through my scope and" or "I ran from him and realized I will have to stop to open the truck so I fired a warning shot" but they DONT shoot at this hairy monster in the forest? My bullshit alarm goes off.

I'm telling you, it's just not going to happen. Bigfoot = UFO.

bigfoot.jpg

BF's not going away and you'll never catch one. Just deal with it.

Thats the only conclusion that you can draw?
What if BF have some kind of gland that secretes an acid that,upon death, dissolves everything?
What if everyone is just lying, or mistaken?

Would the acid not dissolve the gland that secretes it? Because if it would not then the "gland" would be left behind. However if the acid would dissolve the gland, would it not cause injury to the living animal?

what function would this ability to "self dissolve" serve in terms of the continuation or preservation of the life of the individual or species?

I don't think that it is probable that EVERY person who reports seeing a Bigfoot is lying, and I do not think that its probable EVERY person who reports seeing a Bigfoot is mistaken, there must be something more to it, or at the very least something that causes people to be "mistaken".
I believe that if the "conditions" are right it is possible to see a Bigfoot, but sadly I have no idea what these "conditions" are. That's the hard part, but I think the sooner we get away from the Bigfoot is a "Human Hybrid" or "Primate" the better.

I enjoyed this show. I think that Johnson fits in with Ardy Sixkiller Clarke and Rosemary Ellen Guilly as a story teller, person who relates legends etc. None of their work can be scientifically verified yet its entertaining. And at the root of their stories is something real. I have no doubt that BF exists and that some day he will be identified by science. It just may not happen this week.
The thing that struck me is what kind of tree exactly would BF be siting in in AZ???? A tall pine or cottonwood? While there are some big trees here, anything that is over 2 feet tall here is basically classified as a tree.
If Bryan Sykes can't ID the DNA, something is waaay wrong.

Would the acid not dissolve the gland that secretes it? Because if it would not then the "gland" would be left behind. However if the acid would dissolve the gland, would it not cause injury to the living animal?

what function would this ability to "self dissolve" serve in terms of the continuation or preservation of the life of the individual or species?

I don't think that it is probable that EVERY person who reports seeing a Bigfoot is lying, and I do not think that its probable EVERY person who reports seeing a Bigfoot is mistaken, there must be something more to it, or at the very least something that causes people to be "mistaken".
I believe that if the "conditions" are right it is possible to see a Bigfoot, but sadly I have no idea what these "conditions" are. That's the hard part, but I think the sooner we get away from the Bigfoot is a "Human Hybrid" or "Primate" the better.
I dont think every person who claims to see a BF is lying either....just those who have a camera but dont take a pic, or a gun and dont take a shot.
As for the acid..hell, I dont know. I was just thinking out loud. Isnt there stomach acid that is really strong?
I agree there is something to this, but jeezlouise I get so tired of the aformentioned scenarios..camera and gun... and no questions from an interviewer about either.

Seriously? C'mon, you guys. Posting stuff like this isn't respectful to women who want to post here.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I see nothing disrespectful in that post. Had i lowered myself and used street slang to describe her attributes or her demeanor well that is disrespectful. Different pov I guess. It certainly isn't my intent to offend but I would avoid the Space Babes thread if anyone is offended by the post in question.

Last edited:
Back