• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Leir's Alien Implants - My Thoughts

There are a lot of different ways metallic objects can enter the body. This is a very specific article looking at how surgeries can leave tiny amounts of metallic residue, metal particles and filings that will then appear on MRI's.
http://www.researchgate.net/profile...omandibular_joint/file/e0b49529fbff40e367.pdf

To date, only Leir talks about the supposedly unique coating that appears on these objects and how there is no inflammation, but keep in mind these things are happening in the body and only he is saying that it's unique or strange. These effects might just be a very natural response to foreign objects in the body depending on their composition. Reports of these implants being from meteorites is overblown. That refers to the nature of the metals found in these supposed implants. As stated above this is problematic on two levels: 1) these elements are all naturally occurring in the body 2) the levels of the tests used by Leir as stated on his website are not accurate nor reliable enough to make the type of isotopic ratio claims he makes. There is another testing level required to confirm that type of science and it's very cost prohibitive. Most implant discussion is surrounded by unconfirmed content and attempts to blind the reader with science. Check out the graphs on Leir's site - what are we to make of such claims? Has any of it been independently confirmed, ever? If it were it would've been international news. This is all a construction.

Yes, you have established it earlier on you are a debunker when it comes to Leir's work. I myself think Leir was wrong with his opinion that these implants were technological devices.

Just in case you aren't aware, no big lab wants to go on record having any connection to the UFO community. Tomorrow, if you claimed you found a piece of wreckage from a UFO you would have a very hard time finding a lab and scientists to take your seriously. Most would simply hang up on you.

On L.A. Marzulli's The Watchers DVD set they exambined Dr. Leir's objects with a scanning electron microscope. They found very small structures on the objects they speculated were "carbon nano-tubes" possibly used to communicate on some Star Trek-like "subspace frequency".

I'm too ignorant on the subject to evaluate the validity of such speculation, but I hope Dr. Leir's apprentices will do further analysis on them. Could be interesting.

I wouldn't take anything from Marzulli seriously. We can easily create carbon nanotubes. Just because their may or may not be nanotubes present doesn't prove we are dealing with a technological device.

Chemist Steve Colbern: Alien implants based on carbon nano-tube technology - National Coast to Coast Radio | Examiner.com

What I think is important is the following:

"Colbern also states that the implants have a sophisticated biological coating that allows our nerve cells to grow into the devices after they’re implanted – something that is beyond our technology."

If we can replicate this biological coating we can begin to not only revolutionize organ transplants but we can begin to create advanced cyborgs, the merger of man and machine via merger with the nervous system. This could also play a pivotal role in the uploading of minds into machines.

A far as the other information, I'm a bit skeptical but somewhat open-minded.

I keep an eye on Marzulli for his Conehead Nephilim stuff. It's interesting and evidence-based.

The rest of his work for the fundie Christian market is rather tedious.

If they are real they seem to be placed in part of the body where they can easily be removed. The metal itself is likely worthless. It's the biological coating that is of interest.

Yes, I'm reading it. I'm just not going for it. There is no indication of technology OR strange alien biological coatings.

These objects, as Burnt has pointed out, are found in the areas where objects are commonly accidentally lodged in the body, feet and hands, and other than the unsubstantiated claims of Lier are unremarkable.

Steve Colbern is the Chief Scientist at Lier's outfit, Alien Scalpel Research.

Robert Sheaffer has something on his blog about encountering Alien and Scalpel Research. I'm wondering if it's the same group as Lier or not.

Here is a bit from Bad UFOs.
"One vendor doing a great business was A&S, "Alien and Scalpel Research," promising "scientific analysis of alien implants and UFO crash debris." I do not know how much they are charging to "scan" a person for alien implants, but I heard complaints from those who signed up about the long wait. One woman described to me her experience with A&S: they took her into the little tent at right, and "scanned" her several times with different electronic instruments. They found three implants. They also told her that she was an alien hybrid, but also had 'angelic" DNA as well. I am truly amazed at what science can learn these days. I invited her to post her experience on this Blog."

I could be wrong about this, but the scientific integrity of Alien and Scalpel Research seems a bit iffy to me.

I could be wrong about this, but the scientific integrity of Alien and Scalpel Research seems a bit iffy to me.
You may be completely right, in fact I'm currently thinking the same thing.

The counter argument is that they are in possession of physical artifacts that can be examined by multiple disinterested third party labs which could validate or invalidate the findings, if any. This is unlike the rest of UFO or abduction research. In short, we got stuff we can analyze. Is it anomalous or not? Is the coating anomalous or not? Is the insertion method anomalous or not (i.e. did it leave a scar?)

However the "foreign objects are commonly found in the human body" explanation I find spurious and misleading given that we have a few billion years of evolution informing our biology to expel/reject/inflame foreign material.

"Many types of foreign object can be swallowed or inserted into the body. The most common parts of the body for foreign objects to be found are the ears, nose, airways, and stomach."
Foreign Objects | Definition and Patient Education
Common response to a foreign object in the body:
"The foreign body granuloma is a response of biological tissue to any foreign material in the tissue.[1] Tissue-encapsulation of an implant is part of this. An infection around a splinter is part of this, too.[2]

The presence of the implant changes the healing response, and this is called the foreign-body reaction (FBR). FBR consists of: protein adsorption, macrophages, multinucleated foreign body giant cells (macrophage fusion), fibroblasts, and angiogenesis
The foreign body granuloma is a response of biological tissue to any foreign material in the tissue.[1] Tissue-encapsulation of an implant is part of this. An infection around a splinter is part of this, too.[2]
The presence of the implant changes the healing response, and this is called the foreign-body reaction (FBR). FBR consists of: protein adsorption, macrophages, multinucleated foreign body giant cells (macrophage fusion), fibroblasts, and angiogenesis.
"
Foreign body granuloma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Of particular interest would be "implants" where the insertion of the object is consciously recalled spontaneously.

Last edited:
i wouldnt believe a word of this shit either.

he doesnt know how much they charge, yet he supposedly has a first hand subject of their dastardliness, people like Robert Sheaffer are as equally full of shit, as any wing-nut ufologist.

I do not know how much they are charging to "scan" a person for alien implants, but I heard complaints from those who signed up about the long wait.

They also told her that she was an alien hybrid, but also had 'angelic" DNA as well.

You can trace the "alien implant" meme back to The Andreasson Affair (1978) and according to Wikipedia, back to John Robinson, a guest on the Long John Nebel show in 1957.

For what it's worth, according to ATS, in 2007, Robert Luca, Jr., stepson of Betty Andreasson and son of Bob Luca, Sr., publicly admitted that the Andreasson Affair is a 30+ year hoax.

You can trace the "alien implant" meme back to The Andreasson Affair (1978) and according to Wikipedia, back to John Robinson, a guest on the Long John Nebel show in 1957.

For what it's worth, according to ATS, in 2007, Robert Luca, Jr., stepson of Betty Andreasson and son of Bob Luca, Sr., publicly admitted that the Andreasson Affair is a 30+ year hoax.
John J. Robinson. That returns us to a fascinating time. Jack was a close friend, and lots of fun to talk to. But he could also pull your leg with a straight face.

..But, when you start to look into it in more detail, increasingly you find out that there are some issues with the research. ...
Yep.

I remember last time he was on the show, and Chris spoke as if Leir had this nice website set up where we could see all the results from the various labs he had sent his stuff to.

It was pretty surprised when I went to look at it. His site was a hodge podge of various more or rather less credible UFO gifs and Youtube videos, and the science amounted to a sceendump of one particular analysis, some irrelevant general information and a rather unscientific blurb about it, with nothing resembling actual scientific analysis. The scientific content was close to zero.

Last edited:
Yep.

I remember last time he was on the show, and Chris spoke as if Leir had this nice website set up where we could see all the results from the various labs he had sent his stuff to.

It was pretty surprised when I went to look at it. His site was a hodge podge of various more or rather less credible UFO gifs and Youtube videos, and the science amounted to a sceendump of one particular analysis and a rather unscientific blurb about it, with nothing resembling actual scientific analysis. The scientific content was close to zero.
I'm in a similar place and wondering just what Lier was up to. I mean, he was on several boards and clearly had other stuff he was successful at... why make this up?

Or on the other hand, if it's all real, why dig into it and not act like a doctor about it and release your data in a medical/scientific manner?

I'm in a similar place and wondering just what Lier was up to. I mean, he was on several boards and clearly had other stuff he was successful at... why make this up?

Or on the other hand, if it's all real, why dig into it and not act like a doctor about it and release your data in a medical/scientific manner?
Well, it brought him some fame within UFO circles, and even beyond, and he probably sold some books and lectures on that behalf. I think similar things have been the motivation for many UFO proponents.

He could also be driven to seek professional respect from the scientific community, in a round about way.

I think the Turkey stunt showed that he was willing to go pretty far to avoid acknowledging mundane explanations of lights in the horizon. Or does anyone know if he ever admitted that the Turkey UFOs were cruise ships?

THIS should be asked everytime someone like Leir comes up.

Well, it brought him some fame within UFO circles, and even beyond, and he probably sold some books and lectures on that behalf. I think similar things have been the motivation for many UFO proponents.

He could also be driven to seek professional respect from the scientific community, in a round about way.

I think the Turkey stunt showed that he was willing to go pretty far to avoid acknowledging mundane explanations of lights in the horizon. Or does anyone know if he ever admitted that the Turkey UFOs were cruise ships?
I would tend to discount the selling books theory because he was already a successful doctor on several boards, and there's probably very little money in UFO books.

Your second theory may explain things.

Without doubt, there is very little money in UFO books. Very few ever sell in large quantities, and the true best selling title rarely happens.

Without doubt, there is very little money in UFO books. Very few ever sell in large quantities, and the true best selling title rarely happens.
I don't know the figures, perhaps he didn't know them either, when he entered the field :)

But besides the monetary thing, there's the 'fame' thing. Chris' writeup about him here, portrays Leir as a man of science with groundbreaking material and a mission to enlighten humankind about alien implants. And many posters seem to agree!

So, he did go somewhere with it. Did it bring him fortune? Perhaps not, I don't know, but it gave him some fame and admiration.

Yes, I'm reading it. I'm just not going for it. There is no indication of technology OR strange alien biological coatings.

These objects, as Burnt has pointed out, are found in the areas where objects are commonly accidentally lodged in the body, feet and hands, and other than the unsubstantiated claims of Lier are unremarkable.

Steve Colbern is the Chief Scientist at Lier's outfit, Alien Scalpel Research.

There are people wearing horse blinders here in this thread.

I do not believe these alleged implants are technological devices. I do not support Leir's research into this because he believed they were technological devices.

The biological coating is the key. Let's assume it didn't even exist and it was never mentioned. Guess what? We still need it to advance our own technological development. We would still need to design a method of growing a biological coating complete with nerves that would both prevent an immune response from the body as well as allow a neuron interface. So even if they never found such biological coating, which they did, then we still need to create it.

Now you can argue on about this. But I think you will probably still never truly comprehend what I'm communicating to you. That biological coating has pointing us in the right direction and we need to be able to reproduce it.

There are people wearing horse blinders here in this thread.

I do not believe these alleged implants are technological devices. I do not support Leir's research into this because he believed they were technological devices.

The biological coating is the key. Let's assume it didn't even exist and it was never mentioned. Guess what? We still need it to advance our own technological development. We would still need to design a method of growing a biological coating complete with nerves that would both prevent an immune response from the body as well as allow a neuron interface. So even if they never found such biological coating, which they did, then we still need to create it.

Now you can argue on about this. But I think you will probably still never truly comprehend what I'm communicating to you. That biological coating has pointing us in the right direction and we need to be able to reproduce it.
Let's say we do. Let's say we revolutionize biotech by being able to have non-rejected organ transplants, artificial organs, and human-designed implants.

So what? How is this communication?

I agree it's cool tech. But how is it pointing us anywhere except having some nifty gadgets?

Let's say we do. Let's say we revolutionize biotech by being able to have non-rejected organ transplants, artificial organs, and human-designed implants.

So what? How is this communication?

I agree it's cool tech. But how is it pointing us anywhere except having some nifty gadgets?

(PULLS HAIR OUT, TYPES IN ALL CAPS TO SHOW I'M SCREAMING)

I NEVER SAID IT WAS COMMUNICATION! I NEVER SAID "THEY" WERE TRYING TO COMMUNICATE WITH US. INSTEAD, SOMEONE HERE SAID I SAID THEY WERE TRYING TO COMMUNICATE WITH US. I DID NO SUCH THING.

Now, what I did write is that perhaps they can't communicate with us. Perhaps they can't "dumb themselves down" to be able to communicate with us. Perhaps they are trying to "raise us", advance our civilization to the point where we would be like them. Perhaps they are giving us "hints."

Perhaps they are trying to "raise us", advance our civilization to the point where we would be like them.

By implanting things into folks (not be construed as communication mind you!) and hoping we'll figure it out. Brilliant plan. I wonder how many times the random obscure "implant" scheme has jump started the advanced evolution of other planets? (ah-hem)

Last edited:
Back