Latest activity

  • Red
    Red replied to the thread In A Huddle.
    I totally agree with you here, sometimes the sidebar and adjacent conversations can be lot of fun. And honestly, there's a lot times that conversations have taken a turn into biology, philosophy, folklore, etc, that aren't specifically UFO or...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Thank you for your input - I agree in general but it can be iffy sometimes. Agree. Especially when it's obvious trolling. Agree, though it's always a problem assessing intention/motivation. I would say one heads-up (one caution) to the person...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Absolutely. I'd say it's a foul to start a thread dedicated to only one pov. I'd be averse to that kind of 'policing'. When I post a thread I'm looking for a genuine diversity of views.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Thank you for your input - I agree in general but it can be iffy sometimes. Agree. Especially when it's obvious trolling. Agree, though it's always a problem assessing intention/motivation. I would say one heads-up (one caution) to the person...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Good Old Movies To Watch with Like Like.
    "The Bishop's Wife" (1947) with Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven I am gravitating to 1940s films. I get engrossed in the physical culture depicted - the sets - like in "The Bishop's Wife" all the wood-paneled rooms. In "The Fallen...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread Good Old Movies To Watch.
    Yes great movie.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Good Old Movies To Watch with Like Like.
    'The Third Man'
  • Red
    Red reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    I totally do not agree with him at all. However I suppose in a democratic society we should have the right to voice different opinions.
  • Red
    Red replied to the thread The Legacy of Covid Vaccines.
    Fair point. And science is never static. It's a process of discovery, and while some of your examples are absolutely valid, some are from a time before the FDA and the CDC, and absolutely are the reason why those organizations were formed in...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread The Legacy of Covid Vaccines with Like Like.
    I don't understand what it is you're asking. What human cost? Are you suggesting that by merely bringing forward the issues somehow ensures people will suffer unduly and/or die? That makes no sense - it presupposes a 'higher authority' -...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread In A Huddle.
    I totally do not agree with him at all. However I suppose in a democratic society we should have the right to voice different opinions.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Red's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Repetition can be problematic. We also had a guy years ago that posted a sound that he claimed was caught on his camera. Turned out the sound was from a film, but had been manipulated a little bit. He got called out and he started spamming...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Good Old Movies To Watch with Like Like.
    I no longer watch current films and have begun looking past my collection of DVDs for new (to me) entertainment. This one is superb. Highly recommend. Saw it on 'Fawsome' - Free access via IMDb - FALLEN IDOL ('48). Suspense right to the final...
  • Red
    Red replied to the thread In A Huddle.
    Repetition can be problematic. We also had a guy years ago that posted a sound that he claimed was caught on his camera. Turned out the sound was from a film, but had been manipulated a little bit. He got called out and he started spamming...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Repeat.Repeat.Repeat
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Question for Everyone: How would you define spamming a thread?
  • Red
    Well, by my standards it was. For you it would be a different call. Okay. It's a sensitive issue for me because I recall back-in-the-day when threads I started could be easily derailed with side conversations, completely smothering the discussion...
  • Red
    Cleanup completed. @Red If you have any issues with how your thread is progressing give me a heads-up.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread Good Old Movies To Watch.
    Joseph Cotten as the friend betrayed by Orson Welles and the lighting of light and dark. I would have loved to have been old enough to have seen this when it first came out. Great movie.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Good Old Movies To Watch with Like Like.
    I no longer watch current films and have begun looking past my collection of DVDs for new (to me) entertainment. This one is superb. Highly recommend. Saw it on 'Fawsome' - Free access via IMDb - FALLEN IDOL ('48). Suspense right to the final...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Mount Kailash, Western Tibet with Like Like.
    This is a very old thread, hailing from 2008, approaching 20 years ago, and the posters involved are long gone. The last poster on the thread is intriguing because he comes on one day, joins up, posts, and is never seen again. I so wish these...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread In A Huddle.
    Repeat.Repeat.Repeat
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread In A Huddle with Like Like.
    Question for Everyone: How would you define spamming a thread?
  • Randall
    Israeli War Crimes
  • Randall
    Norman Finkelstein & Jeremy Corbyn: THE INTERVIEW ISRAEL WANT TO BAN
  • Randall
    Ya like — "Whatcha reading, listening to, thinking about?" ( duh — that could be virtually anything ) I had no problem at all. I posted what I was actually reading and thinking about, then was attacked as a conspiracy theorist and falsely...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Tyger's post in the thread The Legacy of Covid Vaccines with Like Like.
    My friend writes: "Both of my sons had whooping cough. My wife and I researched the dangers of the disease and the dangers of the vaccine They were equal. So, we treated it homeopathically with pertussis 1&2 and the herbs skullcap and vervain. We...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Tyger's post in the thread The Legacy of Covid Vaccines with Like Like.
    But if people are going to make informed decisions about anything they need to hear all sides. I'm not force-feeding anyone's information intake - they decide what they read - as will you with my next post that will be on Whooping Cough. To...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread Alt News with Like Like.
    So when I pay my tax I also pay at source a thing called national insurance. That in turn goes into the roads and health care system. So when I get sick I will get the drugs I need based on my illness not based on my insurance policy. So the...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread Alt News with Like Like.
    Yea as you say you can only get what is on the menu however if a new drug is available for a condition they have to tell you. A committee then sits and decides if it is affordable for general release to the NHS but even then you have the right to...
Back
Top