• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Star Sign.

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Well this is for everyone to give their star signs & discuss whatever they feel regarding compatability, whether Astrology is in their opinion ridiculous or just to find out what sign everyone else is....

Sound's stupid but I happen to know a large majority of my associates star signs & upon meeting new people, I always feel compelled to ask them what they are...

Goody. (I am a Capricorn) :cool:

Aries.

The only thing that seems accurate about astrology is the descriptions of Scorpios. But only one thing appears right consistently throughout my life? I can assign that to chance.

A feather on your shoulder has more of a gravitational influence than other planets and stars I'm told. So, I recommend looking for things more down to Earth in order to learn about a person's personality.

But if people's beliefs form their reality, and one believes in astrology, truth may come to them via that alley. In my reality astrology isn't anything other than meaningless generalities for the most part, then you assign meaning to them. It's like another religion, but perhaps not quite as annoying, but almost.

I did have one correct prediction given to me before. It said I would be receiving some important mail in the next two weeks. Well, I was a child and didn't receive much mail, so I thought, "Yeah right". Soon after I was notified via mail that I won a GI Joe contest. So out of all the predictions I've read, or been given, one stands out. But the vast majority of the time, it's dead wrong, or soo general as to mean squat.

I agree with some of the things you mentioned, especially regarding reality based on belief & intent (I threw that one in).

'The stars may lean on us, yet they do not use force'. I'm sure that sums quite a bit up.

Have you heard of 'Horary' astrology? It's probably the hardest form to learn & it dates back to the early Indians & the Chinese. It is understood by few that Horary astrology is BY FAR the MOST accurate of them all.

It's based on the subjects 'question', whatever that may be. Then the astrologer looks for certain point's within the question (as in, does it relate to travel, finance, death, wealth, occupation, health, love, relationships etc...) & draw's up a very detailed chart based upon the subject & their question. So the astrologer basically draws up the chart & studies the relationship between the question's content & how it relates to where that subject is around the world, aswell as the various planets & constellations currently influencing the subject & their particular question, to the very second.

Horary astrology is pretty damn accurate, as in, down to a couple of minutes, if you're extremely good at interpreting the chart...Sound's completely silly, yet professional Astrologers in that department have fortold some incredible truths (murder, death, accidents, love, stockmarket growth, lotto, medical breakthroughs etc)...You'll have to look into it, it's so fascinating.

Horary astrologers know always that the chart is never wrong, it's simply a matter of reading the chart correctly.

Goody.

I'm a Virgo on the cusp of Leo with Taurus rising. I finad astrology fascinating, and am pretty good at guessing people's signs when I meet them. I'm married to a Scorpio, and am a Pisces magnet!

Goody said:
Well this is for everyone to give their star signs & discuss whatever they feel regarding compatability, whether Astrology is in their opinion ridiculous or just to find out what sign everyone else is....

Sound's stupid but I happen to know a large majority of my associates star signs & upon meeting new people, I always feel compelled to ask them what they are...

Goody. (I am a Capricorn) :cool:

I'm a Leo. Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars - all Leo, all twelfth house. I don't know what this means because I haven't read alot about astrology. I only found out this info because my girlfriend's aunt is very much into astrology and she told me I had a very peculiar star chart.

Want to hear one of my wacky theories on astrology? Ok, you asked for it:

There is an unseen mechanism responsible for creating and governing life on earth, it might be sentient in some way but it operates under the rules of a machine.

One of the functions of this mechanism is to create the human types, of which there are a finite number.

Since this mechanism is a machine and operates under machine rules, like other machines it is possible to discern patterns within its processes.

The ancients were able to discern a pattern within the mechanism's processes, a pattern by which the mechanism created life and the human types. This knowledge eventually devolved into the atrological types, and these types were said to be under the rule of the "stars and planets" because there was no other analogous parallel to this overarching mechanism that rules over the organic life on this planet.

It would make a good story, at least.

ccol thought, Brandon.....and hello...Super-Leo! hehe...I'm a 7-planet Virgo (with a couple of Scorpios thrown in). Makes life interesting!

Ahhh it's very nice to know i'm sitting in amoungst another 2 earth signs :D.

Brandon that theory is quite something, it makes alot of sense too. Since i'm not that great with Astrology, I cant tell you what your particular chart means but what I can say is that a Leo with the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars in the 12th house (Pisces/Neptune), would make for a remarkable & very gifted human mind.

Okay, is David a Leo aswell? Or is that just Stanton?

Goody.

Gene Steinberg said:
If anyone cares, I'm a Virgo (September 9).

The year isn't important. ::)

But presents are always welcome.

Cool! I'm a day ahead of you!

So what's that make it, four Virgos so far... wonder if there's a link to that and paranormal interests... hmmm...

If we're gonna be fully astro-mologic-kical, shouldn't we be including Chinese zodiac as well? I'm a bunny.

CapnG said:
Gene Steinberg said:
If anyone cares, I'm a Virgo (September 9).

The year isn't important. ::)

But presents are always welcome.

Cool! I'm a day ahead of you!

So what's that make it, four Virgos so far... wonder if there's a link to that and paranormal interests... hmmm...

If we're gonna be fully astro-mologic-kical, shouldn't we be including Chinese zodiac as well? I'm a bunny.

Chinese-wise, I'm monkey. I do not, however, throw feces when agitated....usually. :D

Raevenskye said:
Chinese-wise, I'm monkey. I do not, however, throw feces when agitated....usually. :D

In the chinese horoscope I'm a dragon, which I've been told is the chinese equivalent of the Leo, hehe.

Do you guys find that you tend to attract people who have the same signs? I said before I'm a Pisces magnet..I also have a lot of girlfriends who are Saggitarians, and with other Virgos, it's either love or ick! hehe

Raevenskye said:
Do you guys find that you tend to attract people who have the same signs? I said before I'm a Pisces magnet..I also have a lot of girlfriends who are Saggitarians, and with other Virgos, it's either love or ick! hehe

No, but in my late teens and early 20s every girl named Angie I met, ended up having a crush on me.

My late bestfriend's 3 best friends were all Aries.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Raevenskye said:

No, but in my late teens and early 20s every girl named Angie I met, ended up having a crush on me.

My late bestfriend's 3 best friends were all Aries.

that's interesting, tho i try to stay away from the same-name thing...My boss and husband have the same name tho

I'm a Virgo too! September 2nd. I looked up that "Horary astrology" on wikipedia...it does indeed look incredibly complex.

I'm willing to entertain the idea that the time of year you were born could have an influence on your personality. I don't know if this influence has anything to do with planets or stars...it could be related to all kinds of natural phenomena like magnetic currents. I don't believe in horoscopes though.

Brian Now said:
I'm a Virgo too! September 2nd. I looked up that "Horary astrology" on wikipedia...it does indeed look incredibly complex.

I'm willing to entertain the idea that the time of year you were born could have an influence on your personality. I don't know if this influence has anything to do with planets or stars...it could be related to all kinds of natural phenomena like magnetic currents. I don't believe in horoscopes though.

Yes, this is terrific! An earth sign Astrological chat in the forums....Just my kind of discussion, however, I am not prejudice hehehe, just thought i'd clarify that for everyone currently reading this text....Every sign WELCOME! ;)

After all, I do believe it's zodiacal law that recognises that the only sign's that can meet on common ground (I guess that's the correct term) are Earth signs (Virgo, Capricorn & Taurus). 'Earth + Earth = Solid Ground'.

Brian, thankyou for going out of your way & checking out Horary Astrology...It just amazes me how 'correct' it is. & yes of course, our time of birth has to press an imprint in the time/space (space/time) fabric of experience, thus having absolute affect on ourselves & the entire continuum as we know it.

Still....a call out to ALL, including himself: What star sign is David Biedny?

Goody.

Back