• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

your show is ok not great but ok

Considering my earlier behaviour; I am going to have to apologize to some of you. Yes, my remarks were immature but i did it as a sort of test.
No doubt we are expected to swallow that guff (© Long John Nebel). Kid, you admitted to being a troll. It will take a carload of attaboys to undo that awsh*tter.

And people who use the expression, "could care less", demonstrate a lack of interest in being taken seriously by folks who are literate.

KorMan said:
And people who use the expression, "could care less", demonstrate a lack of interest in being taken seriously by folks who are literate.

Yeah... I was gonna say something but riggs2099 already established his lack of interest in proper grammar. Kids today...what can you do?

KorMan said:

Yeah, that expression used to grate with me, but now I couldn't care less. :)

The other one I see all the time is "my bad" - what the hell is that all about? It's not even a complete sentence!

CapnG said:
Yeah... I was gonna say something but riggs2099 already established his lack of interest in proper grammar. Kids today...what can you do?

I very rarely pick on another's grammar or spelling. For one, mine's not great, and unless it's the topic of grammar, I don't care. I will admit that I love pointing out when someone picks on some-one's "grammer" though. Unfortunately, Capn, you disappointed me with spelling it correctly and I can't have my fun!

"Could care less", lol. Yeah, I see that a lot. More so than "couldn't care less" actually.

How about "irregardless"? My mother used to say that a lot.

Hey, not like this thread had much more going for it, so I thought I'd have a little phun. Excuse any bad grammar btw:)

LOL i cannot believe how big the geek population is here. I mean ragging on someone because of bad grammar...lol. You do know as long as you can read it, the sh*t should be good.:) I am sorry i don't try hard enough to sound like some type of stuck up pr*ck, but the message still gets through. Sounding like you know what your talking about is actually alot different than ACTUALLY KNOWING it. I know all that there is to know and the knowledge you could have received from me would have been life changing...lol...oh well your sh*t outa luck..

A lack of basic grammar skills usually speaks volumes about a person.

I'm also fascinated by the reaction to correction from the less-than-literate.

In today's society (if television is any indication) one can be told that he or she is ugly, fat, untalented, tasteless or old for no other reason than to serve as fodder for some sad make-over "reality" freak show. However, tell that same person that he or she isn't speaking/writing his or her native language properly and they will go ballistic or worse, they will try to deflect the embarrassment of their educational shortcomings onto the person who pointed it out and castigate them for not being as stupid as they are.

I have to wonder if this sort of thing happens in Europe. America is 49th in literacy among industrialized nations so it probably happens less often.

There is a recent film that addresses the plummeting IQ of the average American. IDIOCRACY was written and directed by Mike Judge and is an extremely funny (at times chilling) look at the American intellectual downslope.

NOTE: Before anyone tries a clever retort about their being able to read what I've written meaning that they are not illiterate, I would suggest they go and look up the word and all its meanings.

Wow this is my first post on this forum and who would have thunk it would be to a run like this lol... I do enjoy listening to the show lol. David and Gene do a great job of taking what a guest or topic has to offer and checking every aspect of it lol. Sorry this LOL thing is catching, any way keep up the fantastic show. I may not believe 99% of what I hear out there but I want to hear it anyway...
jc

I have to wonder how many people who hold fast to to their grammatical bugaboos say things like "There's people. . ." or "There's many ways. . ." in everyday conversation.

Then there's my all-time favorite - "anways." Oh wait, or am I more entertained by "It's between she and I."?

The catalog is endless!

Wow, this thread has certainly digressed from taking a little teenager to task for his lack of language skills to a way of killing time until the next show!
I'm looking forward to it, too. :)

dipdog21 said:
I may not believe 99% of what I hear out there but I want to hear it anyway...
jc

That's an interesting perspective. It sounds like a variation on David's "I don't want to believe anything, I want to know. . ." credo. I'd tend to agree with it though, because of certain personal experiences, I'd place my "belief" percentage at around 85 instead of 99.

nycjeff said:
so is this thread the basis for the first segment on today's show?

I had to think of the connection but now I see a possible one. The Meier comment.

Anyone who gripes about Gene and David not actively discussing the BM case anymore is someone who probably hasn't read the TONs of stuff already said. If it happens again, I recommend just referring them to the other threads. That should keep them busy for a long time. If they don't read it, then they have little or no interest in what David and Gene, or some others from the BM camp have to say after all.

7 months since the last post in this thread I believe that it is safe to state that this show is just not ok but it is really, really ok!

Has anyone listened to the Jerry Pippen show lately?

ondafritz said:
7 months since the last post in this thread I believe that it is safe to state that this show is just not ok but it is really, really ok!

Jerry who?

Gene Steinberg said:
ondafritz said:

Jerry who?

My point exactly! And you know that my friend.

The interview Jerry did with that 'Alien-Human Hybrid Cowboy was so bloody funny....The guy even grabs his acoustic and plays a song.

I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover by just 1 look at the photo of said cowboy allows you to make up your mind: He's full of shit.

Goody.

I think the Paracast is WAY better than Coast To Coast.

I'd rather listen to someone who isn't a paid shill, fearmongering-meatpuppet.

The people at Coast To Coast are paid by their sponsors to talk about the things that THEY ALLOW THE HOSTS TO TALK ABOUT.

When the 9-11 truth movement started, Art the sellout Bell shut it down. Noory, much of the same.

At least David and Gene allow the guests to come on the show and make their case for whatever. Sometimes they unfortunately bring on guests that quite frankly shouldn't be given the least bit of airtime. I can name a dozen. The difference between Coast and Paracast is simple. You'll never hear a guest on Coast To Coast storm off the air because of a tough question. They only get mad when they can't hock their wares.

Back