• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — September 3, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
September 3, 2017
www.theparacast.com

World-class UFO Researcher Dr. Jacques Vallee Appears on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present a very special episode featuring world-class UFO researcher Dr. Jacques Vallee. Dr. Vallee appears on the occasion of the publication of his three-volume set of personal journals entitled "Forbidden Science." You'll hear a very personal side of Dr. Vallee as he speaks about his early meetings with Ray Palmer, Kenneth Arnold, and even his first encounter with Jim Moseley (Gene was present), whose outspoken writings he enjoyed for many years. Chris and Dr. Vallee will discuss their investigative process, and the work they've done on the strange happenings at the Skinwalker Ranch and other strange events. You'll hear why Dr. Vallee maintains that the witness is an extremely significant element of the paranormal research process.

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

Dr. Jacques Vallee's Site: Jacques F. Vallee

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on September 3: Special guests Curt Collins and J. Randall Murphy discuss pulp sci-fi’s influence on the flying saucer mystery over the years. Curt mentions how a book from Major Donald E. Keyhoe influenced a sci-fi thriller of the 1950s, “Earth Versus the Flying Saucers.” In connection with the fact that Dr. Jacques Vallee once did work for billionaire Robert Bigelow in connection with Skinwalker Ranch and other projects, our trio wonders why Bigelow keeps his data close to the vest? The discussion moves to how space travelers might come to Earth. Would they actually fly spaceships to our planet, or just use robots to pilot their craft? Or do UFOs represent some sort of alien virtual reality? Do we really need living beings for advanced space travel?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

People Versus Aircraft
By Gene Steinberg

I’m pleased to see that more and more UFO researchers have come to realize that the mystery is not strictly about strange flying objects. But that’s not the impression you gather from many UFO publications and books, and certainly not from what certain public figures who investigate the subject are willing to talk about.

To many people, seeing a UFO is no different than seeing a conventional airplane, or some cars speeding by. They are all physical objects that obey the conventional laws of physics.

So if UFOs are spaceships, you assume they come from a physical planet, travel through physical space somehow — we can only guess at the technology used to make it happen — and end up on Earth as physical aircraft flying through our physical skies.

What this means is that, in theory at least, what you see can be recorded in a photograph or video, and detected on radar. In fact, some of the most significant of the classic flying saucer cases of the late 1940s and early 1950s involved simultaneous visual and radar identifications.

This is the official approach of MUFON, more or less, since the sighting report forms their investigators use concentrate on observations of a physical phenomenon. Other than obvious indications of witness deception, not a whole lot of attention is paid to the experiencer, their history, family background and other key details.

As regular listeners to The Paracast recall, Chris and I continue to push this point. When I mentioned it to MUFON Executive Director Jan Harzan during a recent interview on the show, he said his investigators would certainly take down any information volunteered by the witness. When I asked about putting in questions that focus on this aspect of the sighting, he said he’d look into it.

Politicians say that all the time, so I hope the reader will understand my extreme skepticism that such a promise will ever be fulfilled.

But you have to consider: Did someone who sees a UFO also experience other strange episodes throughout their life? What about ghosts and other incidents involving paranormal phenomena. Do their family members have similar experiences? Is there a reason why some people frequently see UFOs, whereas others may have it happen to them once, or never? Is it the luck of the draw, or something in someone’s experience, family or genetic makeup that makes them more susceptible to encountering strange phenomena?

To be sure, I am not interested in people who just make things up, except, perhaps, to wonder why it continues to happen even though I suspect most people just don’t care. I am strictly concerned with people who are more sensitive to such phenomena than others.

Again, is it the luck of the draw or something within that person that puts them in a place, mentally if not physically, where they can sense the unknown?

And what about the UFOs themselves? Are they really and truly physical objects that you can touch, assuming there is no radioactive consequence? Are you even seeing the object in its true form? Is it even there, as real as it seems, or is it some advanced version of a 3D movie that produces the visual characteristics of a real object, existing in real time and space, but there’s actually nothing there?

Is the observation of a UFO an interaction with a spaceship, a symptom of the collective unconscious, or some so far unfathomable phenomenon that is part and parcel of the human experience, but destined to forever elude us?

Obviously there are test aircraft and other conventional possibilities.

Now when I speculate about less-than-physical flying saucers, consider the simplest solution with a complication. So maybe they are real spaceships from a planet orbiting another star system. As scientists continue to discover evidence of extrasolar planets, the possibility of intelligent life being a fairly normal condition is not beyond the realm of possibility.

If an advanced civilization develops interstellar travel, how might it be done? Would they even need to physically fly somewhere, or just use some sort of wormhole projection device — a stargate perhaps? — to travel huge distances? Wouldn’t physical travel across countless light years be inefficient?

Remember that I’m considering a race of beings who might be thousands of years ahead of us in terms of technological development. There are no doubt possibilities not even considered by sci-fi writers, although we continue to try.

One story I read many years ago envisioned a process of downloading one’s soul or intellect to a clone or machine, which would make the actual trip. Or perhaps it’s more in the form of virtual reality, in which the spaceship and inhabitants are projected to somewhere in space. The trip is experienced virtually too, meaning that ET doesn’t have to go anywhere. They could use a mental implant to experience every physical element of that voyage without actually being there. Or maybe evolution has made such abilities natural.

It almost reminds me of the movie, “Total Recall,” the original with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone. The plot partly centered around a vacation service in which the customer undergoes the entire experience mentally without traveling anywhere. Call it an early presentation of virtual reality.

That’s where reality bumps against fantasy in that movie, and I went away slightly doubting that Arnold really went to Mars. Maybe it was still part of his recall experience.

But it would certainly be presumptuous of us to believe that we could actually understand even the basics of alien technology, particularly if it is hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us. The hubris behind believing we could somehow reverse engineer their technology is tremendous. I doubt we could grasp any of it.

What this means, of course, is that claims that we somehow reverse engineered alien technology from the Roswell crash is equally absurd. Don’t forget that there’s a long history about our scientists and engineers developing transistors, night vision goggles, and other inventions long before anything happened at Roswell. Of course, that didn’t stop some of the silly speculation about such inventions coming from ET.

When it comes to UFOs, I strongly suspect that what we see is not at all what’s really there. Not even close.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Gene,
Bring actress Sharon Stone into any equation and room goes up a few degrees. Looking forward to this weekend show and a keeper for those interested in this field of research of whatever it is. Agree the traditional theory of nuts and bolts does not add up going on witness testimonies of professional aircraft operators. The incidents over nuclear facilities which Author Mr Robert Hasting work shows high intelligence and skills of cloaking ability. Not ignoring the stealth technology this one for Rich has shown to give off orbs when in actions. Now is this ET in action who knows but the current evidence the authorities do know as much as us most likely. In case of Roswell yes that horrid word to some is more likely a human crash with a off world incident which resulted human remains and others. It naive to think other in the universe would not find us as food source and this must not be ignored. In addition, Greg Bishop work of the reaction of humans when encountering the objects needs to be expanded to groups and ethnic backgrounds. Age brackets and locations on the Earth. Q. Is there more cattle mutilations near nuclear facilities or farming industries?

Back