• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — September 2, 2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
September 2, 2018
www.theparacast.com

Calvin Parker Discusses His 1973 UFO Abduction Experience on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: On the evening of October 11, 1973, co-workers 42-year-old Charles Hickson and 19-year-old Calvin Parker told the Jackson County, Mississippi Sheriff's office they were fishing off a pier on the west bank of the Pascagoula River in Mississippi when they heard a whirring/whizzing sound, and saw two flashing blue lights and an oval shaped object 30–40 feet across and 8–10 feet high. Parker and Hickson claimed that they were "conscious but paralyzed" while three "creatures" took them aboard the object and subjected them to an examination before releasing them. Gene and Randall present Calvin Parker to discuss this experience and another, 20 years later, as told in his book, "Pascagoula — The Closest Encounter: My Story."

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Flying Disk Press Book Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/198299584X/?tag=rockoids-20

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on September 2: Gene and cohost J. Randall Murphy present their unvarnished opinions about abductee Calvin Parker, who was one of the two experiences involved in the 1973 Pascagoula, Mississippi incident. Is he a “salt of the Earth” individual just trying to make sense of that and a subsequent experience? Randall details an incredible conspiracy theory involving the Black Rock datacenter, known as Aladdin, that can be used to manipulate stocks. He mentions President Trump possibly posting Tweets to influence the market, and Gene brings up the strange behavior of some alleged tech industry analysts who complained about alleged poor sales of the iPhone X even though it has been the largest selling smartphone on the planet for months.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Of UFO Abductions and the Old Days
By Gene Steinberg

In 1973, UFOs were hot in a big way. I was working as News Director of a suburban Philadelphia radio station covering the local beat. Management never quite realized that I was also co-publisher and co-editor of a paranormal magazine, Caveat Emptor, or that I was doing a side gig with a local school system in order to get ahold of their primitive typesetting gear for the publication.

Regardless, I was happily plying my trade when I first read about the Pascagoula abduction, which occurred on the evening of October 11th. Two co-workers at a nearby shipyard, Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker, were allegedly abducted by presumed aliens while fishing.

In some ways, the case fit with the classic contact meme, where individuals that were unknown outside of their own circle of friends and family had a close encounter with the unknown.

I followed the story, as I followed the Barney and Betty Hill abduction in the previous decade.

Even though I was considering other options to explain the UFO enigma beyond spaceships, the possibility of abductions would appear to be perfectly logical. Regardless of the origin of the saucers, it was quite likely that the intelligence behind the phenomenon would want to examine the populace, take samples and maybe keep tabs on the subjects of their experiments.

I contrasted this with the classic UFO contactee, someone equally unknown who claimed contact with benevolent human-like beings who said they were here to warn us of the consequences of nuclear testing. At the time, ET might well have been regarded as peaceniks.

Abductions were decidedly different from the traditional contacts, because they involved kidnapping people and performing sometimes painful experiments on them. In short, ET wasn’t very nice, or maybe had such low regard for humanity that they just didn’t care how their victims were treated.

Maybe it made them less than human when you consider how most families treat their household pets, particularly cats and dogs, who become close members of the nuclear family unit.

Remember all this came about before Whitley Strieber’s “Communion” gave further reality to abductions and particularly the concept of alien grays. It wasn’t the first time such entities were described, but the best-seller from a noted author of horror fiction got people to take notice.

Over the years, there hasn’t been a satisfactory explanation for the Pascagoula case. Just 19 at the time, Parker didn’t go overboard to cash in. His new book, “Pascagoula — The Closest Encounter,” is the sort of book you might have expected from Parker decades ago.

At the urging of UK UFO researcher/publisher Philip Mantle, he decided to make a go of it. During our interview with Parker on this weekend’s edition of The Paracast, he revealed that he hasn’t been in the best of health in recent years. He’s suffered from two heart attacks and a stroke that still impacts the left side of his body, making walking and some movements difficult.

So the book is very likely Parker’s way of summing up his life and legacy, since the original abduction, and one 20 years later that was only revealed to him via hypnotic regression, were probably the most important events in his life, at least to people outside of his own family circle.

I think my cohost, Randall, agrees with me that Parker is an old fashioned “salt of the Earth” small town American. He comes across as honest and direct, with plenty of common sense. Even though he isn’t a highly educated man, there’s little doubt that he is intelligent, with a gift for gab.

Nowadays at least some UFO researchers regard abductions as not at all connected to the mystery of the flying disks. The people involved are having experiences that they interpret in the modern sci-fi-oriented cultural meme. In another time, they might speak of encounters with fairies and elves.

You get the picture.

I even wonder about the traditional description of “screen memories,” in which some abductees see huge owls, or just their eyes, which supposedly shields the details of the genuine encounter with ET.

But if our visitors are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us, surely they would not employ so primitive a scheme to suppress memories of the actual event. Is it at all possible that the supposed abduction experience is, itself, a “screen memory” of yet another experience that in large part remains unexplored?

I’m also concerned about the primitive and painful methods often used on abductees and that they are sometimes treated as lab rats. Again, do they have such little regard for humanity, or perhaps they regard us as primitive creatures that do not deserve respect. Or perhaps this is the way they behave towards any other species regardless of technological advancement. That assumes, however, that such encounters are physical and precisely as described, and I have my doubts.

And what about the alleged ubiquity of such experiences?

Some abduction researchers, such as Dr. David Jacobs, insist that millions of humans have been abducted, and that they are seeding Earth with alien hybrids bred to behave just like humans.

Their purpose? To quietly subvert our society, a silent invasion, for reasons best known to themselves.

I don’t subscribe to such theories of a pending alien invasion. Indeed, if ET is so far advanced, surely they would be in control already — and perhaps they are, even if that doesn’t seem to make sense.

Besides, as regular listeners to The Paracast know, I do not necessarily buy the methods of hypnotic regression employed by Jacobs or his late colleague, Budd Hopkins. To me, it’s too easy for them to have asked leading questions of their subjects that may have distorted the accounts to favor their theories.

Now Calvin Parker submitted himself to a hypnotic session courtesy of Hopkins, but he didn’t give any indication that he had any interest in or knowledge of any theories about a covert alien invasion.

But if abductions are solely internal experiences, it’s still important to understand what is going on. The people who have encountered this phenomenon have often suffered from PTSD as a result of such traumatic experiences. For that reason alone, they need help and understanding.

Thus, it would sure be helpful to understand what is really going on even if ET is not at all involved.

Copyright 1999-2018 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back