• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — September 10, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
September 10, 2017
www.theparacast.com

The Dark Journalist Covers UFOs and Conspiracies on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present Daniel Liszt, also known as the Dark Journalist, who discusses his investigations of such controversial figures in paranormal research as Corey Goode. If you NetSearch Goode's background (and those who surround him), Daniel Liszt's work will be at the top of your search. He has uncovered disturbing revelations about Goode and his business manager, 'Emma Gold,' aka Roger R. Remseur aka Roger Richards and suggestions of an attempt to create a "cult" around Goode. Find out who is behind "Cory's kids" and why are young people being targeted by forces that appear to be promoting fantastic messages by so-called "blue avians?" Oh, and you'll also hear a discussion about the political impact of the alternative media.

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

The Dark Journalist: Dark Journalist: The Truth Is Never Easy - Interviews Real News Special Reports and Documentaries

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on September 10: Gene, Chris, and guest Daniel Liszt, the Dark Journalist, talk about UFO researchers being reluctant to admit that the evidence they once accepted may not be true anymore. After a discussion that drifts into election politics, it returns to UFOs as Hillary Clinton’s interest in the subject is mentioned, and whether President Trump would ever consider looking into UFOs. Chris talks about Lawrence Rockefeller, who funded one of his projects, as the panel considers what happens when big money gets into UFO research, with billionaire Bob Bigelow mentioned as a key example. There’s also talk of alien implants and other UFO issues.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

What About Politics and Religion?
By Gene Steinberg

I don’t know about your views on these matters, but in recent years, The Paracast has gotten dinged by listeners who don’t want to hear about politics, and certainly no discussions about organized religion.

This is a more recent phenomenon. In the early days, we did cover political conspiracies more regularly, and, in 2006, we featured one guest, Acharya S, who wrote a book claiming that Christ was strictly a myth.

Now you might imagine that an episode focusing heavily on the other side of religious beliefs would receive serious blowback from some of our listeners. But when I looked over the forum threads that appeared after that show was broadcast, it does seem that most of our members engaged in a fairly balanced back and forth discussion involving several dozen messages, with the guest’s direct participation.

More recently, one of our frequent guest cohosts, J. Randall Murphy, made some anti-religious comments during an episode of After The Paracast, and it generated some intense email responses. Perhaps people are more sensitive these days, and they are certainly more polarized politically.

The forum threads on politics certainly tell the story, and online discussions offer a similar presentation. More and more people limit their information sources to outlets that reinforce their viewpoints, and you might fairly say they are thus living in bubbles. If you attempt to present discussions that veer outside of their self-imposed boundaries, you might be asking for trouble.

It’s not that we can avoid the “P” and “R” words completely, however. Whenever there’s talk of government disinformation or secrecy with regard to UFOs and other paranormal phenomena, it has to get political.

If the U.S. government — or any government — possesses solid evidence of UFO reality kept hidden from the public, there is a clear political element. In order to even attempt to get that information, you are apt to find yourself confronting a political process, even if the matter is strictly in the hands of the military.

And what, if anything, does the President of the United States know about flying saucers? While candidates, some have promised to look into it, but nothing seems to come of such promises. During the 2016 campaign, Sec. Clinton indicated an interest in the subject, even using the acronym UAP instead of UFO to indicate that she had more than a passing acquaintanceship with the subject. Perhaps that was due mostly to the influence of one of her colleagues, John Podesta, who even wrote the introduction to Leslie Kean’s UFO book.

With Trump, the subject doesn’t appear to have ever come up. There are far too many irons in the fire to confront, and clearly the media isn’t interested.

You can trace the political aspects of UFOs back to the 1950s, when Major Keyhoe, upon taking control of a troubled UFO group, NICAP, basically remade it into a lobbying organization intent on ending UFO secrecy. How so? Well, by persuading Congress to look into the subject.

Anyone who demands UFO disclosure is coming up against the political headwinds. Disclosure lobbyist Stephen Bassett once sent a petition to President Obama to demand the end to UFO secrecy, not that it did much good.

Obviously the most significant conspiracies of modern times, beginning with the Kennedy assassination, are steeped in politics. How could it be otherwise? What about the deaths of Robert F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King? And I can certainly mention 9/11.

When you consider the possibilities of a secret space program, again the government and politics come to the forefront. Is there a Black Budget of trillions of dollars that is, in part, used to fund off-the-books projects that may include maintaining colonies on the Moon and Mars? Are we engaged in a secret cultural exchange program with ET, where we send our people to another planet and, in turn, aliens walk among us?

As a practical matter, I don’t really believe there’s a foreign exchange program involving visitors to and from other worlds. There’s no evidence of such a thing.

I suppose the reports of a secret space program might have somewhat more credibility. We certainly know that spy satellites are routinely launched, so at least that part of the claim is true. But if we had been spending trillions of dollars to advance the space program behind the scenes since the 1970s, surely the fruits of a number of technological achievements would have found their way into our daily lives. That’s what happened with our original lunar voyages.

The problem with all this is that some theories may sound nice on paper, but lack evidence. It’s mostly claims or extrapolations of obvious truths.

So, for example, is it true that the Pentagon couldn't account for $2.3 trillion dollars in transactions, as former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld claimed on September 10, 2001? Was it evidence of ongoing black projects, or just the way that money was managed via outdated accounting systems?

Sure, it’s quite convenient to attribute a financial irregularity to the way the transactions are reported. But it does seem a huge stretch to believe that the government is so incompetent that it cannot keep tabs on that amount of money.

Do I hear the sounds of laughter?

On the surface, I suppose one tuned to conspiracy theories might suggest that the 9/11 attacks may, in part, have been designed to change the subject. But that’s also a huge stretch.

9/11 theories are legion. Is it possible that the President and his people deliberately ignored the threat that Osama Bin Laden represented, or was it a matter of different agencies failing to connect the dots in time to prevent this tragedy?

What about the collapse of 6 World Trade Center? Was it done deliberately as part of some sort of secret government plot to give us even more reason to launch attacks in the Middle East?

Regardless of the truth of these theories, whenever you enter this realm, it’s very much about politics. If you enjoy such discussions — and we still get into conspiracies on The Paracast from time to time — you have to confront the politics of the situation.

It may not be so much about the political byplay between Democrats and Republicans, or what Donald Trump is doing, but somehow what the government is doing, has done, or is planning to do, becomes a valid part of the discussion.

That said, I agree that we should try to play down matters of politics and religion that don’t have a least a passing connection to the study of the paranormal. There are just too many emotions in the picture to stay on an even keel about such matters.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Speaking strictly for myself, I have, in the past, commented on my lack of interest in hearing Gene and Chris prattle on about their specific political beliefs, regardless that they are in general alignment to my own. It's just not the kind of show content I come to The Paracast to hear. However, discussing the "government" or the general "politics" of disclosure, as it relates to the UFO enigma, is quite different than discussing specific political viewpoints. It irks me every time the word "government" is mentioned Gene feels compelled to launch into a defensive qualifier about needing to avoid politics because people complain in the forums. Talking about "The Government," as it relates to UFO issues is NOT "talking politics." Even talking about specific administrations as they relate to the (bullshit) disclosure movement is NOT talking about politics. Talking about political issues such as taxes, immigration, defense, and issues that have become politicized, like healthcare, equality and climate change, IS talking about politics, and although sometimes unavoidable based on the particular issue being discussed in any given segment, political issues are usually easily avoided because they aren't relevant to what is being discussed on the show. Most of us listeners would probably agree that you do your best as hosts to try and keep the discussion of political issues and viewpoints to a minimum where it's not relevant. Some guests bring that political baggage regardless, like Jim Marrs did, though that clearly won't be an issue anymore.

Keep up the great work and just do the show you guys do best. There is (usually) nothing wrong with people's constructive criticisms in the forum, you can absorb or ignore them as you see fit, and respond in the forum if necessary, but for the love of the gods, stop bringing up the same criticisms on-air show after show please. It just makes you sound overly-sensitive and defensive. <--- example of constructive criticism

You stated it well. I don't want to hear about partisan politics and politicized issues that are completely irrelevant to the paranormal. However, this doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hear about government operations as they pertain to UFO secrecy, explanations for certain unexplained encounters (e.g. MKUltra), etc.

There is some political commentary on the main episode and ATP. But I left them there because it helps to illuminate Daniel's background. I brought him back to the paranormal so you see where he's coming from. And it's from a right wing perspective, so consider that in terms of how he approaches some of these subjects.

Which is exactly what you have to do sometimes depending on the guest being interviewed on the show. Anyone who subsequently complains about that should simply find another show to fill up their time with. Thanks Gene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning ... over here in the UK you can slag the government all you want and accuse them of all kinds of corruption, underhand deceit, incompetence and buffoonery . It's quite likely true and there are phone in shows on AM radio here that allow people to vent their opinions.

I think Gene runs a tight ship and it's all the better for it, so does Howard Hughes at The Unexplained TV ... both Gene and Howard are veteran broadcasters and the way the Paracast is run makes for comfortable listening.

What I do appreciate and cherish is hearing everybody's opinion however far removed from mine, in fact the older I get the fewer case hardened opinions I have ... it makes for a much better, balanced programme.

The Paracast is the highlight of my week ... I always come away thinking, and thinking, and thinking ... thank you.

Trump IS a wanker !

Back