• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- October 8, 2011

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
October 8, 2011

UFO Historian Jerome Clark Returns to The Paracast

Special Announcement:
The Paracast is heard Sundays from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM (Central Time) on the GCN radio network.

Here's How You Can Help The Paracast:
Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap if you can to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, right below our logo. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City!
Last summer, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

You Can Now Order The Official Paracast T-Shirt:
You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and a collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at Welcome to The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We now also offer a lineup of other premium merchandise featuring The Paracast logo.

Sunday, October 9, 2011:
The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host Christopher O'™Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode:
Gene and Chris present a return visit from UFO historian Jerome Clark, author of such works as “The UFO Encyclopedia” and “Hidden Realms, Lost Civilizations, and Beings from Other Worlds,”

Christopher O'Brien's Site:
http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/

Reminder:
Reminder: Don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal:https://www.theparacast.com/forum/.

Not in Our Lifetimes?

By Gene Steinberg

Ever since the UFO mystery reached the public consciousness in a major way, beginning in 1947, there was always the hope for resolution. Some day soon, ET, or whatever was piloting those strange craft, would land and ask to be taken to our leader. It was so inevitable. After all, humankind was extremely important to visitors from out there; we had to be taken seriously.

Sure, there were some who claimed contact with ET, perhaps in the California desert, the local diner, or even on old country roads or in their own
bedrooms. Even when the higher beings who appeared before mere mortals expressed their purposes for being here, there was no reason to believe them. It’s not as if any of their purported predictions about future events ever came true.

Well, maybe ET’s prime directive is to mislead the local inhabitants, particularly those regarded as primitive, lest they become a threat. So if Earthlings are told by ET that they are here to help us clean our environment and halt tribal warfare, that may not reflect their true purpose. We may not even know what their purpose is, and it might indeed be to confuse and befuddle the locals for reasons best known to themselves. As I said, there’s no way to prove what they say is true.

Some believe that the governments of this world are holding the truth about ET’s presence in our skies close to their vests, perhaps under deep cover. There might even be secret agencies that exist solely to understand the alien presence, and devise ways to deal with it. It may even be true that we are already in touch with ET, and we are doing their bidding, or at least we are engaged in some level of cooperation for the alleged benefit of both races.

Unfortunately, there’s no actual evidence of that. Yes, we have those alleged MJ-12 documents, claiming the creation of a U.S. special working group designed to understand the impact of the Roswell UFO crash and other strange events of the 1940s and 1950s. Maybe it’s true, although there is a lot to be said on both sides of the argument. Even those who accept the possibility that MJ-12 existed at one time admit that many documents describing the group are fakes. But that’s enough on that issue.

But none of this stops people from demanding disclosure, an end to alleged government secrecy. We want to know what they know. We are entitled to that information, regardless of the consequences. At the same time, you have to wonder how any government would deal with evidence that the UFOs are hostile. Would they risk a panicked population as they struggle to devise some sort of defense?

And what if there is no defense to an alien invasion? What then?

Yes, I realize many of those who claim contact with alien beings swear that they are here to help us, rather than to harm us. But how could they possibly know? Because ET told them that? Let’s get real here. As I said, there is no reason to assume that communications from purported higher beings represent the truth. If anything, they’d might have reason to hide their true motivations.

As to the governments, it’s very possible their sole interest in the phenomenon is to determine if the UFO presence represents a threat to the security of a nation, or the entire planet. If they have no evidence of such a threat, they will simply set the matter aside. But they may continue to evaluate UFO sightings, though, in the U.S. at any rate, there is no public agency charged with investigating such sightings.

After all these years, however, is there any evidence of an end game? Yes, the number of publicized UFO sightings seems to ebb and flow over time. But that may simply reflect the so-called “publicity flap,” where people look to the skies if cases get coverage. If not, they get on about their business.

Now having followed the UFO mystery since I was quite young, I am apt to accept the lessons of history and assume that we won’t find a solution anytime soon. Yes, there’s been hope over the years, but every hope has been dashed.

As much as I would prefer it to be otherwise, I am not at all confident that we’ll get the answers to the presence of UFOs anytime soon, if ever. At least if an answer comes, I do not expect to be around to learn about it.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2011 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy:
Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

I share your frustration. I have been trying to solve this riddle since I first observed a UFO back in 1976. I stopped pursuing the subject in 1984, and here I am sucked into it again in 2011. Most of my sightings occurred in Thompson Falls, MT. I started seeing them here in Plains in 2010. There was a lot of activity here this summer. I didn't see any big ships just the luminous spheres. I purchased a laser last summer and signaled them. Several times they flared up; the white light surrounding the spheres expanded in size and intensity. On one occasion it actually frightened me! It had the effect of appearing to be coming towards me. I did take some pictures at night. I was seeing them out of the upstairs window. and one of the spheres traveled over my house 3 times. I took some pictures, but a person needs a camera designed to take pictures at night, a tripod, etc. I didn't plan to take pictures of UFOs. If I had known that I would be seeing them out of the upstairs window I would have bought a better camera. I sent some of the pictures to Bruce Mcabee, and although he was intrigued, he said all it shows is a source of light. Like so many UFO pictures they don't prove anything. Even if I had the proper equipment and the sphere was hovering with the light field diminished, revealing the spherical surface, it wouldn't prove anything. After all of these years all I can state with certainty: Is that there is a non-human intelligence that uses some form of field propulsion to travel through the atmosphere and in space. The phenomenon demonstrates that there is more to reality than we are aware of. I also doubt that I will learn anything more than I already know in my lifetime. The phenomenon exists outside the framework of our reality. Until they decide to reveal themselves, if ever; it will continue to remain a mystery.

There are those of us who know Earth has been host to alien craft. We know this because we've seen them with our own eyes. As a consequence, our world view has been forever altered. We've not been given the choice of whether or not we can handle the truth. We have just had to deal with it. One of the ways we've tried to deal with it has been to reveal the truth to our leaders and protectors in the hope that they would investigate and solve the mystery. But that door seems to swing in only one direction. This has left us on the outside, targeted by skeptics, debunkers, scammers, hoaxers and opportunists. Yet this thing that isolates us also unites us. We are all part of something larger than the daily grind, something that transcends Earthly constraints ... something extraordinary.

Very insightful! I believe the phenomenon has been here on earth for thousands of years.It's not like an alien race has recently traveled to earth. Setting aside exactly what they are , and their origin; what does the future hold? They are here on earth for some reason. From the number of sightings reported worldwide, we can conclude that there is a large number of these craft here on earth. I think they are here to stay. Civilization is destroying the earth's biosphere. Will humans ever be capable of straightening out this mess without intervention? If they need this planet we may pose a threat to them! We don't know how we fit into their equation.We need to be cautious, and not project our own expectations into what the phenomenon represents. We can only speculate about what the military knows about the phenomenon. Other than the fact that they know the phenomenon exists, it may be a mystery to them as well. Certainly the military has evidence, such as pictures taken by fighter jets; and NASA.I don't anticipate any form of official disclosure; if for no other reason than that the POWERS THAT BE, don't want anything to undue the brainwashing. Something extraordinary is playing out. To state that it is fascinating is an understatement! I'm too tired to do it tonight, but I will post some of the pictures I took when I have the time. I forgot to include the NSA!

Back