• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 29, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
October 29, 2017
www.theparacast.com

Col. John B. Alexander Explores the Unknown on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present one of our favorite guests, Col. John Alexander. As a cutting-edge theorist on UFOs and paranormal phenomena in general, his views stretch the boundaries of research. Alexander’s third book, from Anomalist Books, is Reality Denied: Firsthand Experiences with Things that Can’t Happen — But Did. Here, Alexander confronts conventional wisdom with events that, although quite real, seem to challenge the revered “laws of science,” proving them to be wrong or incomplete. The thorny issues of life after death, mind over matter, UFOs, remote viewing, telepathic communications with animals, and more are all addressed from John’s unique perspective. Here physical and spiritual domains collide, providing glimpses of worlds beyond everyday reality.

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

John Alexander's Blog: John B. Alexander - Home

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on October 22: Gene and Chris present the continuation of an interview with “Renaissance Man” Col. John Alexander. There’s a brief discussion about the newly-released documents about the JFK assassination, and how the ones withheld will only reinforce conspiracy theories that we’ll never know the truth. In response to a brief mention of reincarnation in the regular episode of The Paracast, John gives examples of people remembering possible past lives. Or we get it all from the cloud, a universal database from which people tap the stored souls of people who loved before? Gene speculates about a cosmic Groundhog Day, citing the movie as an example, in which your life repeats itself until you finally get it right. John wonders about the primitive technology apparent in UFO abductions, that advanced aliens wouldn’t need to experiment on live humans. They could do what they do in a way that would be undetectable, and why do UFOs appear to reveal technology that seems to be no more than a few decades ahead of us?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

The Excitement About the JFK Assassination that Wasn’t
By Gene Steinberg

Almost anyone more than a few years old in 1963 remembers the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and what they were doing on November 22nd. In those days I didn’t always have a radio or TV running. On that fateful day, I recall riding my bike to the post office, and noticing, only in passing, the downcast looks of the people present.

I didn’t bother to ask what was going on.

I wasn’t in school that day, but I had a homework assignment to complete, so I went home, sat before my typewriter and and got to work. We were living in a two bedroom apartment on Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn, New York.

Well my father came home from work some time after 5:00 PM. He asked if I knew the President had been shot, and I turned on the TV to see what was going on.

I didn’t turn off the set for three days.

Not long after the Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald, someone who once tried to defect to the Soviet Union, was the lone gunman, I was found reasons to be skeptical of the conventional explanation.

One evening, my friend Marty and I attended a lecture involving a New York State Assemblyman, one Mark Lane, in which he explained why the conventional theories were wrong. With the lawyer’s attention to detail, he carefully outlined the holes in the story.

Now I won’t bore you with the details, since they have been repeated endlessly over the years by people with differing points of view. Did Oswald have an accomplice, was he part of a grand conspiracy hatched by organized crime, members of the CIA, Fidel Castro as an act of revenge for the failed Bay of Pigs attack? What about the person who benefited the most from JFK’s death, Lyndon Baines Johnson?

After leaving office, Lane went on to write books and give lectures, becoming one of the more famous JFK conspiracy theorists.

He died in 2016 as this enduring mystery remained unsolved.

On October 26, 2017, the alleged remaining government documents on the tragedy were scheduled to be released. As per his usual approach, President Trump tried to build up excitement about the long-awaited event, only to decide, allegedly at the last minute, to hold onto several hundred documents for further review. He had reportedly bowed to the entreaties of his intelligence people.

I suppose that’s plausible, although one might wonder why, with 25 years to prepare for their release, none of this was dealt with long ago, or at least far enough in advance to decide if any documents had to be redacted or withheld.

In the end, the conspiracy theorists will not be satisfied. Some details around the edges of the event were filled in to some degree. There was this peculiar statement from FBI Director Hoover, that, “The thing I am concerned about, and so is (deputy attorney general) Mr. Katzenbach, is having something issued so we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin.”

How do you take that statement, that Hoover wanted to mislead the public about who was really responsible, or that he merely wanted to persuade people who had the wrong idea that the authorities had it right all along?

Yet another curious quote from Hoover: “Last night we received a call from our Dallas office from a man talking in a calm voice and saying he was a member of a committee organized to kill Oswald.”

This came before Jack Ruby actually did the deed. Ruby reportedly had some low-level mob connections, but was that the reason for his action? He surely knew he’d be caught.

So many questions, so many possible answers. At the end of the day, this is the sort of conspiracy theory that will never die. As much as some offer evidence of Oswald’s guilt, others consider him just a pawn, a patsy, or part of a larger conspiracy to knock off the President. Maybe he was totally uninvolved.

That a single individual, acting on his own, could successfully commit such a dastardly deed seems to stretch logic way out of shape. But not all tragedies have complicated explanations.

During his presentations, Mark Lane would offer lengthy illustrated explanations of why the weapon Oswald allegedly used, an Italian-made Mannlicher-Carcano rifle with a telescopic sight, was simply not capable of the precision required to repeatedly hit a moving target. Maybe. Maybe he was fighting tremendous odds, but that doesn’t mean it was an impossible act.

Maybe he got “lucky,” if you could call what he did luck. Even if the probability of something happening is extremely low, that doesn’t mean it’ll never happen. Perhaps this was one of those times, that a cheap used rifle with a poor record for accuracy, in the hands of someone who barely qualified as a marksman, snatched success from the jaws of failure.

Over the years, I have been skeptical of the Warren Commission’s conclusion. Many people were. In 1976, the U.S. House of Representatives set up the Select Committee on Assassinations to look into the deaths of JFK and Martin Luther King, Jr. Two year later, the committee referred to as HSCA concluded that a conspiracy was involved in JFK’s death.

Twelve years later, the conclusion was essentially reversed in a memo from the Justice Department to the House Judiciary Committee. Citing investigations on the part of the FBI’s Technical Services Division and a National Academy of Science Committee, it was decided that “reliable acoustic data do not support the conclusion that there was a second gunman.”

It was further stated that there was no evidence to support a possible conspiracy in the assassination, thus reaffirming the original conclusion.

But was it all just window dressing to mask the implications of the HSCA’s work? Or is it true that, despite the lingering doubts of so many people, the simple answer was the correct one all along?

Aside from that ambiguous statement from J. Edgar Hoover, the new documents don’t really help to enhance anyone’s view of the shooting. Some will suggest that the papers that were withheld hold the key. Supposedly they will be released, in whole or in part, within six months.

Or maybe the powers that be hope the story will have long since faded from the public’s view by then. Perhaps whatever documents are released will be so heavily redacted that few doubts will be assuaged.

And how can anyone prove that key documents and other evidence were withheld all along?

In short, it’s hard to believe that many opinions will be changed. Unless something unexpected occurs, perhaps that elusive smoking gun, the JFK conspiracy will remain, in the minds of many, a mystery that still cries out for a solution.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back