• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 21, 2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
October 21, 2018
www.theparacast.com

Cutting-edge Commentator Red Pill Junkie Talks About the Grounding of the To the Stars Academy on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present a return visit from the one and only Red Pill Junkie (Miguel Romero). On this episode, RPJ will discuss his recent article, "Man Overboard: One Year After Its Launch, To the Stars Academy's Financial Situation Remains Stuck on the Ground," which appeared in the Daily Grail. In late 2017, we learned of a Pentagon UFO study, covered by the likes of The New York Times and the Washington Post. There was great hope that the subject would finally be taken seriously by the mainstream media and science. But has the effort, spearheaded by rock and roller Tom DeLonge, stalled after the initial onrush of publicity? RPJ explores this and other paranormal research topics.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Red Pill Junkie's Blogs: red pill junkie, Author at The Daily Grail

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on October 21: Gene, Randall and very special guest Red Pill Junkie (Miguel Romero) continue the episode of The Paracast for October 21, 2018 as the discussion begins to focus on magic, and whether it may well be a more advanced form of science that we do not yet fully understand. The discussion gradually moves into the frontiers of science and reality, and the powers of the mind. What is consciousness really, and is any of it something we can truly understand or control? What about the power of suggestion in helping to heal disease?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

But is it Real?
By Gene Steinberg

I remember it well. Around 2000 or so, my then teen-age son, Grayson, and I were busy writing a science fiction novel. While it was coming along at a speedy clip, I felt a little dissatisfied with the result. There had to be a change in focus to take it where we wanted it to go.

I had an early morning dream, and I had the solution. Grayson was already awake, and I talked through the basics of my ideas with him. Together we gave the story some major surgery, and the results were way better than I had expected of something that began as just a casual exercise in writing between father and son.

Without going into details that are best understand by reading the two novels we have published so far, let me just say that the dream provided a path that could encompass a larger universe and expanded possibilities for adventures involving our main protagonists.

There is nothing particularly special about being influenced by dreams to expand the creative process. It may well be a mechanism by which the mind is able to picture an idea and bring it into focus.

Some might suggest, however, that such a vivid dream is itself taking you into another world in which you may also exist, and you are merely recalling events that have actually taken place.

Maybe I wasn’t creating anything at all, just picking it up from somewhere — a universal consciousness? How can we really know?

I recall how former Beatle Paul McCartney often speaks of how he wrote “Yesterday,” but the melody came to him fully formed in a dream, and he wondered at first where he’d heard the song. It took a while for him to realize that it was his and only his creation. It also became one of the ten most covered songs in music history.

It wasn’t the first and only time dreams fueled McCartney’s creative process. One night his deceased mother, Mary, came to him and told him to “let it be.” Despite what some suggested, the phrase “Mother Mary” did not have a religious connotation. It’s interesting to note that the song was written during a very intense period in the latter years of the Beatles partnership, when they were recording the White Album.

Now I would not presume to compare my humble creative efforts with a world famous rock musician. I was just recalling a process that I’m sure many of you have employed to create something.

The real question is the source of the idea. Is it something that we individually create, unique to ourselves? I suppose that’s the most conventional explanation, and a dream coming at a time when one is relaxed allows the creative process to sometimes flourish.

But when an idea for a book chapter, or a song, or some marvelous new device, comes suddenly into existence, was it something that festered in our minds for awhile? Did it all come together when the time was right, and, if so, can one automate the process and make it occur more often?

Some might choose to meditate to free one’s mind of the daily hassles, and open the path to creative freedom. Others believe that taking the proper psychedelic substance enhances the process and doesn’t, as some might believe, spoil it.

So far as I’m concerned, I suppose the experience varies from person to person.

At one time, I was preparing to write a book about UFOs with a friend. It was in the mid-1970s, and I was living in a new apartment in New Jersey. Well, my friend came over, and we talked it over, struggling to expand upon some opening passages that we wrote some weeks earlier, almost in a flash of creativity.

I made the suggestion that we have a “smoke” before getting started, but that didn’t quite put us in a serious state of mind, and thus we didn’t accomplish anything of particular importance. Eventually, the book project floundered.

Then again, is it at all possible that, when we create something brand new, we are somehow focusing our consciousness on some universal force and tapping into things that already exist? Somewhere?

This doesn’t mean that Paul McCartney didn’t write “Yesterday,” or that the late John Lennon didn’t write “Imagine.” But were the fruits of these amazing creative processes stored within their own brains, or did they somehow tap into, or discover, the technique of reaching somehow into a universal consciousness to find what they needed?

There are loads of stories of how creative people were inspired by a dream or perhaps an external object to invent something altogether new.

Now quite often, you don’t have time to think all that much when engaged in creative work. A newspaper reporter, for example, may have minutes or at best a few hours to prepare a story about an important news event. When I worked as a broadcast journalist, I did most of my work alone in an office/studio. At one radio station, I would arrive about an hour before my first broadcast, and make a few phone calls to check the local police blotters. I’d listen to the answering machine to see if there were any stories from our band of stringers on town government and school board meetings.

Then there were my notes and recordings from a meeting I might have attended the previous night.

Under the pressure of a deadline I could not alter, that first newscast, I had to use the station’s old fashioned manual typewriter to put it all together in a coherent form, and read the script with as few stumbles as possible without actually having the time to rehearse anything. I just let it happen, sometimes ad-libbing when I didn’t have time to finish writing.

That, too, is creative, more or less. It’s something people do every day, often without a conscious thought of what’s required to make it happen. But, so far as I’m concerned, it’s hardly tapping into some universal consciousness. That requires something special, and when it happens, just grab hold of it and enjoy the ride.

Copyright 1999-2018 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back