• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 6, 2016

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 6, 2016
www.theparacast.com

EVP/Ghost Expert Michael Esposito Featured on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! Check out our new “Lifetime” membership and special free eBook offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: http://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present research associate and sonic sculpturer Michael Esposito. Chris and Michael collaborated on an album titled Medea last year, have worked together on various haunted site investigations in three states since 2005, and were involved in the 2006 documentary Dead Whisper that Chris co-produced with Ronald James. Over the years, under the Phantom Airwaves Institution, Michael has participated in hundreds of paranormal investigations all over the world. He has conducted extensive research at many active locations and has developed a great deal of unique theory and devised many unique experiments within the field of Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP). You’ll hear some of these exclusive recordings, and the full collection will be made available to subscribers of The Paracast+.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on November 6: The interview begins as special guest Michael Esposito, the EVP expert, talks about the Chicago Cubs and the team’s World Series victory after 108 years of waiting. The discussion moves full bore into the claims of skeptics that EVPs may have natural explanations, as Michael explains why this is just not so. He also details the relevance of different voices, what appears to be said, and whether two-way communication is possible. As he talks about the possibility of recovering residual energy from spirit communications, Michael brings up the possibility of recovering such energy — and thus lost data — from a trashed or busted flash drive. The interview concludes with an account of one of Michael’s favorite EVP/ghost encounters from Europe.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

The Paracast — Time for Ch-Ch-Changes?

By Gene Steinberg

The Paracast entered its 11th year in February of this year. Although co-hosts have changed since the show debuted, the main focus of the show is the same — cutting-edge discussions about all facets of the paranormal. There has been a major emphasis on UFOs, but we cover other subjects we well. Indeed, in recent weeks, UFOs have played only a minor role.

So The Paracast has a growing number of listeners around the world — and is now featured on 25 stations on the GCN network — but it hasn’t been a money maker. Far from it!

The deal with GCN gives the show nine minutes to insert advertising; my other show, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, has the same deal. If all those spots are sold to paying advertisers, there’s more than enough income to pay me and my Paracast co-host, Chris O’Brien, a decent salary.

Most of those ad slots, though, are filled with trade-outs — ads in exchange for such services as web hosting — and favors to friends. The main reason is the lack of sales/marketing help. I’ve been looking for someone for over six years now, but have received few applicants. One potential salesperson upped and quit after the first sale. Another disappeared after a few days and was never heard from again.

Regardless of what marketing plan is picked, sales/marketing are critical. So if you know anyone who might be interested in working for a generous commission, please contact me right away. There has to be someone out there who wants to help make a difference.

But, as some of you know, I’m looking at other alternatives to market the two shows.

With the approval of GCN, The Paracast+ and The Tech Night Owl+ debuted two years ago. These premium services were added in response to people who’ve complained about all the ads you normally hear on a commercial radio show.

So a growing number of subscribers pay a small fee, by the month or for longer periods, so they can download a commercial-free version of either show from a special area in the forums. For The Paracast+, subscribers also receive access to a second show, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast. The content varies from color commentary to exclusive interviews with special guests, sometimes expanding on the regular episode of The Paracast. There are also classic episodes, some show transcripts, and the beginnings of a video library.

Just this week, Canadian documentary producer Paul Kimball, a long-time friend, generously granted the rights to some of his huge library of exclusive content, including the “Other Side of Truth” podcast and some of his video documentaries. They will begin to appear in the next few days. Other new features are being developed.

If you really want to support the show, this is the best way to do it. With enough subscribers, Chris and I wouldn’t have to worry about ad sales. But there’s a long way to go before we get there. So if you’ve been thinking of subscribing, maybe now’s the time!

You can find more information and simple sign-up instructions at this link: https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

Meantime, I’ve been actively discussing other ways to distribute the two shows in The Paracast Community forums. There’s even a poll, where you can tell us if you would consider a subscription-only version of the show.

You can find the poll via this link: The Paracast — Subscription Only?

A small number listeners have voted as of the time I write this. While most favor a subscription option, I have concerns. You see, dropping the free version of my shows means that tens and tens of thousands of listeners will go elsewhere. The world economy is tight, and many of you don’t have the extra cash to subscribe to lots of shows; others object to the idea on principle.

In addition, I’ve received emails from long-time listeners, who have been with us for years, who aren’t in a position to subscribe. If we go that route, all these people would move on to other shows.

Since my own financial condition has been precarious in recent years, I understand this view. I am not in a position to subscribe to all of the services I want. I also made a promise when the premium services were launched — that there would always be a free version of The Paracast. I’m loathe to go back on that promise. I really appreciate that you loyal listeners have decided to stick with us all these years.

There’s another alternative that’s been presented to me. That’s joining a large podcast network, in exchange for a share of revenue. But I have no idea how this arrangement would impact the presence of my shows on iTunes and other podcast repositories, nor how it would impact The Paracast+ and The Tech Night Owl+. There is a commitment to many subscribers that has to be honored.

Now despite all the financial obstacles over the years, I’m very optimistic about the future of these shows. Indeed, The Paracast has received an incredible, surprising response.

As more stations carry the show, ratings are growing. The program director for one of our affiliates says he’s overjoyed at the reception to the show, writing: “...it looks like The Paracast is at least as popular among our audience as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and even more popular than Mark Levin. You have more than double the listenership of Coast To Coast…”

What can I say? I know most of the stations that added my two shows are still with us after six years. That means thousands and thousands of listeners hear my shows every single week on traditional radio stations, and GCN’s affiliate people are working hard to add more stations.

It’s an audience that’s difficult to ignore or overlook. The higher ratings create the potential to sign up more advertisers.

If I only had someone to provide the sales/marketing expertise to reach potential advertisers.

I hate to make this a discussion about money, but the potential for these two shows is huge! Between the premium packages and growing opportunities for advertisers, I am optimistic I won’t have to worry about money very much if things continue to move in the right direction.

So thanks for listening and I welcome your advice to develop a marketing plan that will ensure ongoing success.

Copyright 1999-2016 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back