• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — November 24, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
November 24, 2013

The Paracast Interviews a Crop Circle Artist

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com. And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should wor k properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris introduce crop circle artist and UFO researcher Matthew Williams. Yes, he is responsible for some of those crop circles. According to his bio: "Former British Government Customs & Excise officer, Matthew Williams, had his first UFO experience in 1991. This led him to become a well known UK UFO investigator. After investigating the crop circle subject, he decided to try making some circles to test if researchers would know they were man-made. The rest is history as eventually Matthew became the only person to ever be arrested for making a crop circle."

Chris O'Brien's Site: http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Sponsored Message: Don’t get ripped off when you need to liquidate your precious jewelry and silverware. Call Steve at Numis Gems at (480) 878-7678 and get the straight scoop!

Revisiting the Ultimate Conspiracy: 50 Years Later
By Gene Steinberg

As I write this article, it’s Friday, November 22, some 50 years to the day after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated while riding in a motorcade in Dallas. For many, time stood still on that fateful day. Almost everyone I know who was alive at the time has a story about where they were, what they were doing, and how they learned of that history-altering tragedy.

For me, the news came from my dad. I had gone to the post office on my bike, and, upon arriving home, I was busy exercising. The TV was not on, nor was the radio. When my dad arrived home a short time later, he said it all in two terse sentences. “Turn on the TV. The president has been shot.”

Over the next three days, all we heard was the ongoing story about the young, handsome chief executive who was murdered in the prime of his life. His presidency was young, and it seemed he barely got started. It was even more frightening to watch accused killer Lee Harvey Oswald put down by a Dallas night club owner, one Jack Ruby. Just what was going on here?

My interest in the case waned over the next few months. I accepted the conventional wisdom that Oswald was the lone gunman, and went on with my life; that is, until a friend suggested we attend a lecture from a New York State Assemblyman who claimed there was more, a lot more, to the JFK assassination.

Thus I became familiar with the work of Mark Lane and his theory that Oswald could not possibly have committed that horrible crime all by himself, and he may have been, as the suspect said after being arrested, a patsy.

Lane went on for a couple of hours detailing his theories. A meticulous attorney, he covered the key elements of the case, focusing heavily on the alleged murder weapon, a cheap Model 91/38 Italian Mannlicher Carvano bolt-action rifle that Oswald allegedly purchased via mail order.

Oswald, a former Marine, supposedly barely qualified as a marksman, and it has been heavily debated whether that curious weapon was up to the task. The key argument is how Oswald could get off three shots in just a few seconds, with two of those bullets hitting their targets. There is also the infamous “magic bullet” theory, how a bullet that struck Kennedy passed through his body and ultimately hit Texas Governor John Connolly.

Lane would elicit laughter from the audience as he elaborately described how that bullet would have to violate the laws of physics to do its dirty deed. More to the point, you wondered how such an imperfect weapon would miraculously become perfect for the few seconds during which it was used.

Later, Lane became world famous with the release of his best-selling book, “Rush to Judgement.” Over the years, I attended a few more of his lectures. At age 86, Lane is still active, and still engaged in active research into the JFK conspiracy.

Now I won’t go into all of the ins and outs of the assassination. The controversial Warren Commission concluded that Oswald was the sole killer, and there was no conspiracy. It has been suggested this was meant to be a political statement, a clumsy scheme to mollify the public, particularly people who might be panicked to discover that there was an attempted coup in the U.S.

In the 1970s, a Congressional investigation concluded that there was a conspiracy, but went no further. Current polls indicate that the majority of Americans believe in some sort of conspiracy theory, but the list of potential suspects seems almost endless. Some point to the CIA, and backlash over the failed “Bay of Pigs” invasion to bring down the Castro regime in Cuba. Others talk of organized crime, because JFK was carrying on with the girlfriend of a mobster.

More recently, a few books have suggested what would seem to be an obvious theory, involving the person who gained the most from JFK’s death, and that was then Vice President Lyndon Johnson.

Now LBJ was known to be a ruthless politician who didn’t like the Kennedys. The murder happened on his home turf, so it would seem an almost too simple conclusion. But there is no direct evidence that LBJ was complicit in this assassination.

Yet another theory has it that JFK’s death may somehow have been related to the UFO mystery and the need to keep the truth about their origin and purpose a secret. In the 1990s TV series “Dark Skies,” from Bryce Zabel and Brent Friedman, the enemy is depicted as a race of alien beings known as the “Hive.”

Now Zabel hasn’t lost his interest in the JFK matter. This year, he published a novel speculating on what might happen had JFK survived the assassination, entitled “Surrounded by Enemies.” The subject matter is implicit in the title. Kennedy’s predilection for carrying on with females other than his wife, Jackie, was a potential land mine, but there were other lingering problems too, one of which was the possibility that the alleged conspirators might still be lurking ready to strike again.

A fascinating fable, and I have to think, “if only.”

I suspect some of you might feel there are other potential conspiracies that warrant more attention, such as what really happened in Roswell, NM and whether the governments of Earth have guilty knowledge of the reality of UFOs, knowledge that could change the course of history.

Yet the Kennedy murder is, to the public at large, the most important mystery of the ages. Despite attempts to shoot down the conspiracies that have arisen around the case, it won’t die. The 50th anniversary only demonstrated in a more significant way that there are still questions that have not been answered. While a considerable amount of evidence has been made public, some material, covered under the Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, won’t be unsealed until 2017.

But if the JFK assassination has been solved, why keep anything a secret? Surely more than enough time has passed to address any concerns of national security or the sensitivities of the Kennedy family.

And so this is a conspiracy theory that may never die. Even if all the remaining evidence is released in 2017, people won’t be satisfied, at least not until all or most of those festering concerns are resolved. But the chances of that ever happening are little to none.

In case you are wondering, I am one of the people who doesn’t believe that Oswald acted alone, though I concede he might have been involved. However, what I believe might have little to do with what really happened way back in 1963.

Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Great article Gene, I also lean towards the idea that Oswald was involved to some degree, but I have a hard time believing that he acted alone, despite my personal revulsion towards most forms of conspiracy theory and conspiracy thinking in general. Perhaps that has more to do with the way I was brought up, both of my parents were firm believers that JFK was the victim of some sort of larger conspiracy and they still believe that to this day. Now whether that conspiracy involved elements of the government, the Mafia, the Russians, the Cubans or some other agency is anyone's guess at this point. I don't believe that we will ever find out the truth, at least not the truth beyond a shadow of doubt, and I do have doubts even in my own evaluation. I've read a good deal on this subject including books from conspiracy skeptics like Case Closed which presented a very convincing argument that Oswald acted alone, even without the computer models which have come under attack for using faulty data to bolster the authors personal conclusion, though I haven't really been keeping up with it so I don't know whether that was ever resolved or not. Perhaps I'll delve back into a little JFK conspiracy and non conspiracy reading in honor of the 50th anniversary.

On another note, it might make for an excellent show to have some kind of roundtable discussion on the JFK assassination theories, the episode with Bryce was good but I'd love to hear a more in depth analysis from both sides of the issue and the Paracast is the perfect show for it. Just a thought.

Back