• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- Non-Scheduled Edition: November 19, 2012

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
Non-Scheduled Edition: November 19, 2012

In Memoriam: James W. Moseley -- 1931-2012
By Gene Steinberg

I suppose Jim Moseley was my big brother. Yes, I did have a real brother, Wally, who’d be a little younger than Jim had he survived (he died suddenly, unexpectedly, in 1995). But Wally and I never talked much. Early on, he became a creature of the corporate world and lived in a different place.

But Jim and I talked all the time. I also helped him package and mail “Saucer News” (the forerunner of “Saucer Smear”), and assisted at his monthly lecture series in New York City. He became my first employer, as I worked for a time as the magazine’s Managing Editor, while juggling college-level studies. I remember it well, those weird working hours, since Jim didn’t come to the office until after noon, and we didn’t finish until the evening.

I left that little “home” in 1966, off to seek my fortune as a radio broadcaster, and to spend time with my lady. But Jim and I seldom stayed out of touch. When I started a new UFO/paranormal magazine in 1969, Jim was one of my first regular writers. In 2006, when The Paracast debuted, Jim was featured on the very first episode. He was always a special part of the show -- and a special part of my life.

Over the years, I watched Jim live his amazing life on his terms. He was fun to talk to, fun to argue with, and he faced everything with a twinkle in his eye, even the possibility that the end was near.

On Friday, Jim lost his battle with cancer and died at a Key West, FL hospital. Some say he is in a better place now, perhaps concocting yet more outrageous hoaxes with his pal Gray Barker on the other side.

Friday, I lost a brother, and the world grew colder.

Note: Please stay tuned for news of a special episode of The Paracast as we honor the memory of Jim Moseley.

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing Our Holiday Fund Raising Campaign: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2012 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

I talked briefly with Jim's daughter Betty. I'll summarize briefly because details are scattered. Jim supposedly left orders not to resuscitate, so he wasn't brought back when his heart stopped. He will be cremated, but I haven't heard any update on any services, but expect there won't be anything special. Jim wasn't a religious person.

A final issue of "Saucer Smear" will be mailed to subscribers, and Betty hopes to write something personal for it.

I am so sorry for your loss. He seemed like a larger-than-life character who left a wonderful impression on those who knew him. I cannot imagine how much he will be missed.

Gene, I'm looking forward to the Special Edition. I had only a very peripheral knowledge of Jim, but being interested in ufology virtually all my life, he's always been there in the background, and with his passing it's like everything in the ufology community just got a little bit dimmer. He must have been about 17 years old when the Kenneth Arnold sighting hit the news. At that time a loaf of bread cost 13 cents!. When he was born in 1931 they still hadn't perfected the ball point pen! Nowadays pens are what you use when your laptop battery dies. He grew up through the Great Depression but went on to live during one of the most interesting ( and perhaps some of the best ) decades our species has ever seen, and in one of the greatest nations on Earth.

Back