• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — May 23, 2021

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
May 23, 2021
www.theparacast.com

Prolific Paranormal Author Nick Redfern Reveals the Mysteries Surrounding the Deaths of Marilyn Monroe and Others on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. Long-term subscribers will receive free Amazon gift cards for five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: Very prolific author Nick Redfern returns to The Paracast. He'll discuss the ongoing expectations for UFO disclosure in light of the Pentagon UAP Task Force and the positive statements about the phenomenon from present and former government people. Nick will also talk about his latest book, as of this episode, "Diary of Secrets: UFO Conspiracies & the Mysterious Death of Marilyn Monroe," described as a deep look into the claims that she may have been murdered for what she knew about UFOs, aliens, Area 51 and more. This is a story that has circulated since the 1990s. However, Nick has uncovered enough material to write a full-length book on the subject. Nick calls it ""A big story!" Cold-hearted murders made to look like suicides and accidents. He is the author of more than 60 books. He’s been featured on a number of radio and TV shows, and is a frequent guest on The Paracast.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Nick Redfern's World of Whatever: Nick Redfern's World of Whatever...

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on May 23: Author/researcher Nick Redfern is back on our premium show focusing on two of the classic conspiracy theories, the deaths of John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy. And what about the strange characters associated with these episodes, especially JFK's death, such as Fred Lee Crisman, who was also one of the key figures in the 1947 Maury Island UFO case. Nick will also talk about some mysterious deaths that have been connected to the UFO enigma. Nick Redfern is the author of more than 60 books on UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, zombies, and Hollywood scandal. His books include The Rendlesham Forest UFO Conspiracy; The Roswell UFO Conspiracy; Women in Black; Men in Black; Nessie; Chupacabra Road Trip; The Black Diary, and 365 Days of UFOs.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

The Conspiracies Are Endless!

By Gene Steinberg

I was 11 when I first started chasing the flying saucers. Most of you listeners know the story: My mom and I were visiting my brother’s apartment on Carroll Street in Brooklyn, NY. He was working late, but his wife invited us to hang out and wait.

Well, I sat down on the living room couch and noticed a book left on the coffee table, “Flying Saucers From Outer Space,” by Major Donald E. Keyhoe. My reading diet was mostly focused on youth-oriented sci-fi, such as “Tom Corbett Space Cadet,” but I was curious, and so I picked up the book and turned a few pages.

I started to read the opening chapter, stopped and got permission from my sister-in-law to take it home. Since it was a library book, I merely had to agree to return it by the due date, which I did.

Over the next few years, I read other books from Keyhoe, and I particularly recall “The Flying Saucer Conspiracy,” where he detailed the alleged shenanigans of the Silence Group that was dedicated to debunking sightings and convincing the public that there was nothing to it.

My impression of this Silence Group was a bunch of Pentagon types that didn’t believe the public was prepared to know the truth — that we were being visited by visitors from other planets. Keyhoe’s portrayal of their function was not as conspiracy-fueled as others, so one could believe that the right pressure from the right quarters, the public, Congress, or both, would be sufficient to persuade them to change their ways.

Over the years, the conspiracy theories became more elaborate. The military was sending Men In Black to silence the people who “knew too much” about the flying saucers. Well, maybe the MIB weren’t even human.

As to the government, well perhaps they were busy figuring out how to tear apart the wreckage of crashed flying saucers and learn what made them tick. Maybe retired military officers were given the material with which to reverse engineer some of ET’s fancy stuff, and seed them to private industry.

It really got funky when there were stories that government operatives are busy flooding the blogosphere with fake and/or misleading UFO information, to confuse and befuddle people who just wanted to know the facts, just the facts. I recall when one of our former regular guests — well regular until his magazine folded — stated that the secret was hiding in plain sight.

But where?

It sort of reminded me of those scenes in police procedurals or legal dramas where the opposing side in a case would abuse the discovery process by providing dozens and dozens of huge boxes with documents. The smoking gun was buried within those documents, of course, but the theory had it that it would likely be overlooked among the mess of irrelevant material.

Maybe.

The latest hopes for UFO disclosure have been fueled by all the stories that have appeared in the mainstream media since 2017. A recent article in The New York Times from former Senator Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, explains how the surge in interest began.

Senator Reid admitted to becoming interested in the subject in the 1990s, and working with colleagues to fund a Pentagon UFO study in the following decade. As with other former or existing government people, he takes us close to a possible admission of an offworld origin, but stops at the point of insisting that we don’t know the cause yet. But he continues to favor ongoing investigations into the phenomenon.

It almost seems as if all these people are working from the same playbook. Similar comments have come from Senator Marco Rubio, a Florida Republican, whose work helped bring about the present-day Pentagon UAP Task Force. A report from that group is due in June, but a few recent reports claim it’ll be late without going into the details.

Again, Senator Rubio says UAPs need to be investigated, and similar comments have come from such people as Former President Barack Obama, two former CIA directors, James Woolsey and John O, Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and Christopher Mellon, a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.

In addition to staying with the program, it’s interesting to see that both political parties are represented in these comments, almost as if UFOs transcend politics. Indeed, TV interviewers these days mostly play it straight when interviewing any of the latest crop of spokespeople on the subject. No laughter or silly asides.

The closest thing I heard to an outright attempt at debunking involved those widely-reported Naval UFO videos. It happened during an episode of Chris Cuomo’s weekday night broadcast on CNN. He brought on someone who spent a few minutes tearing apart the videos, claiming, for example, that the apparent high speeds on one were somehow due to a parallax effect.

While Cuomo seemed impressed that the videos had conventional explanations, he didn’t seem to have thought about the simultaneous visual observations of those strange flying objects. Besides, any video, considered all by itself, can be faked or misinterpreted. It’s the accompanying visual encounters that make the entire matter all the more intriguing.

In any case, when I try to make sense of it all, it does seem as if all of the statements and similarly positive conclusions are carefully timed to keep the interest level high, as if we are all being set up for something.

It may be, as suggested in my recent columns, that we’re being prepared for a huge fall, the conclusion there is really nothing to any of it, that UFOs don’t represent potential threats to national security. And that, as they say, would be that.

On the other hand, it’s not as if there was some huge demand for UFO disclosure beyond the normal levels one has observed over the years in the field. There is no huge UFO constituency to which politicians need to cater. So what’s the point?

I could say it all hints of something positive in the offing. But I’ve been at this for far too long to feel so optimistic. I’d be delighted to be proven wrong, of course, so I’ll try to take it all in stride regardless of what happens.

Copyright 1999-2021 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

To amplify this: MSNBC also ran a perfectly serious segment about the promise of the report from the UAP Task Force.

The conspiratorial view would be that the media is working together with the U.S. government on this, but I'm not ready to push that button — yet.

Back