• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — May 12, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
May 12, 2019

www.theparacast.com

Meet Greg Lawson, the Paranormal Detective, on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present Greg Lawson, the Paranormal Detective. Greg has traveled to over 40 countries visiting some of Earth’s strangest sites to conduct his own investigation into their paranormal history. He’s a 26-year law enforcement officer, professional investigator, police academy instructor, college educator, and former expert witness for investigative procedures. He also researches and investigates human paranormal experience and locations known for spiritual or unusual activity. He has authored two books on the subject and specializes in providing alternative perspectives to explain human experience. His forthcoming book is “How to Be a Paranormal Detective.”

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

The Paranormal Detective: About

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on May 12: Gene and Randall present researcher and atmospheric scientist William Puckett to report on UFO cases from North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Springfield, Oregon and Alliance, Ohio. Greg Lawson, the Paranormal Detective, continues the interview that began on the May 12, 2019 episode of The Paracast. He covers personal experiences, an incident where he was robbed on the way to a cemetery to investigate ghosts in Manila, plus some techniques for paranormal research.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Accepting a Dose of Reality
By Gene Steinberg

An often-used attack against a politician is that he or she is a “flip-flopper.” It’s not about open-toed sandals, of course, but a claim that the individual has dared to change a position on something. Thus they can’t be trusted.

We can argue about the fact that politicians are notorious for exaggerating or lying, but when they say something that appears to contradict a previous statement, watch out! I recall when a certain Presidential candidate remarked that he was for something before he was against it.

It seems a perfectly reasonable position, that he changed his mind. But it was used by the opposition to claim that his views weren’t sincere; maybe he altered them to pander to an audience. Why else would he change them?

The obvious possibility that he was wrong, or saw the need to alter his position based on facts and circumstances, just isn’t acceptable.

True it’s sometimes difficult to admit when you are wrong. This is especially true when you are debating or arguing with someone.

But, to cite some examples, it happens all the time on one of those police procedural TV shows, such as “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.” Early on in an episode, the team may settle upon one or more people as the likely suspect in the crime(s) of the week. The evidence, however, leads them elsewhere, so they seek out new suspects. While they might be disappointed, it’s not generally a life-changing experience.

I’ve seen the need to change my opinion on a number of occasions. I recall an incident when, as a teenager, a friend and I witnessed what may have been a UFO. Later on, when talking with him about the details, I realized it was just a peculiar cloud formation.

All right, it lost me a friend, but I didn’t think it was that big a deal at the time. I just thought of him as a little too thin-skinned.

On another occasion, I was walking home early in the evening, when I saw a light in the sky. I stopped to observe, and it soon turned around and flew away. The obvious conclusion didn’t occur to me at first; I was just another crazy kid from Brooklyn. It turned out that it was nothing more than an airplane changing its direction.

I was a little disappointed, but what could I say?

Over the years, my views about UFOs have changed to one degree or another. I weaned myself on early flying saucer books from Major Donald Keyhoe, Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, and others. Those flying things had to be spaceships.

I didn’t consider those contactees that met up with silver-suited space people in the desert. It was all too absurd.

When I first read about the abduction encounter involving Barney and Betty Hill, from 1961, I felt something strange did occur. At the time, I was willing to accept it as a genuine experience involving an abduction by pilots visiting us from another planet.

Since then, I’ve read about other abductions, and have come to realize that perhaps something more is at work here. Compelling as they are, they always appear to lack anything substantial in evidence. There are no films, for example, of someone being levitated in their bedrooms and taken through the walls to a waiting flying saucer. Possible implants yield inconclusive evidence.

Sure, perhaps that’s exactly what is happening to them, and they are recalling it accurately. Or maybe they aren’t, and they are only interpreting the experience in cultural terms. In older times, they might have been visited by fairies, elves, perhaps angels.

They may well have had an experience, all right, but how can one know the cause? Even if the supposed visitors or “Space Brothers” claim to come from outer space, why believe them? Besides, if those messages of peace and brotherhood are sincere, that they are really trying to help us, why not contact people who might make a difference?

Besides, when the abduction leaves the experiencer traumatized, how does that benefit the goal of advancing humankind to the next dimension of awareness? Or something.

Over the years, I joined those who became skeptical of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. Without repeating what I’ve said on many occasions, I began to think that I might have been a little hasty in wanting to believe in spaceships.

As an excuse, I can use the fact that I was first exposed to flying saucer lore when I was a mere lad of 11. It was easier to accept what appeared to be the conventional wisdom instead of putting those views and the evidence to the test and see how they held up.

In other words, I was not wedded to any particular theory. If a specific case that appeared to involve and unknown object turned out to be a natural phenomenon or conventional aircraft, so be it. If it involved something still unexplained or unexplainable, so be it.

I’d even accept spaceships if that’s what UFOs are.

In “chasing footnotes,” researcher Kevin D. Randle has looked over some key cases from the early days of the modern UFO era. He has followed the evidence as close as possible to the sources, sometimes reaching decidedly different conclusions of what may have occurred. Maybe the causes were conventional after all.

In the pages of his most recent work on a legendary case, “Roswell in the 21st Century,” published in 2016, Randall wrote that he was less certain about some of the evidence he had previously accepted. Claims of beings seen in connection with the crash of a mysterious object were difficult to verify, as were other pieces of eyewitness testimony.

What really happened? We may never know unless some solid evidence is discovered or revealed. A myth of our times may be destined to remain a myth.

Unfortunately, some people, particularly those who have made a living writing and lecturing about UFOs, are unwilling to change their tune, even in the face of evidence that their original views might just be wrong.

I won’t name any specific examples, but you can probably identify a few individuals who stick to their guns regardless of the evidence.

But I suppose if writing a book with a different theory might attain decent sales, that might be reason enough to admit they might just be wrong.

Or maybe they are just too set in their ways to care. I just hope I’m not so rigid in my beliefs, even at my advanced age.

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back