• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — March 1, 2020

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
March 1, 2020

www.theparacast.com

Learn the Lessons of Ufology's History with Curt Collins on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ — Five Years and Growing! « The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present another "encounter" with UFO researcher and historian Curt Collins, a long-time Paracast member, forum participant, roundtable voice, and an expert on the Cash-Landrum UFO incident. Curt Collins is the author behind Blue Blurry Lines, a website focused on the UFO mysteries, as well as its legends and hoaxes. In 2015 Curt was on the investigative team, the Roswell Slides Research Group, which exposed the BeWitness alien photo fiasco. More recently, he launched The Saucers That Time Forgot with Claude Falkstrom, focused on unearthing “tales that UFO history has overlooked or would rather forget.” Curt lives in the southern United States, near Jackson, Mississippi.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Curt Collins' Blue Blurry Lines: Blue Blurry Lines

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on March 1: Gene and Randall present Part II of an interview with author and experiencer Kevin Killen . His book , Ghosts and Me, covers a lifetime of paranormal experiences, and this interview focuses on Kevin’s strange encounters that involve two of his girlfriends. He describes one of these girlfriends as a “psychic witch.” This segment includes such episodes as the time a ghostly entity joined Kevin while he was taking a shower, and reports about a possible shadow person. He has also had paranormal encounters at his workplace, which were also experienced by other employees. Is he just lucky that such things continue to happen to him? You be the judge.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Can You Handle the Truth?
By Gene Steinberg

All right, it is a play on that classic line from Jack Nicholson, “you can’t handle the truth,” in “A Few Good Men,” the 1992 thriller from director Rob Reiner. But it may also present a realistic view of things that might happen in our paranormal corner of the world.

As most of us know, it is the hope and wish of most people who believe in UFOs that, one day, someone, somewhere, will reveal the truth, that we are being visited by beings from another planet. That wish is usually vested on our military, or perhaps someone from the executive branch, which generally means the President.

So it’s hoped that, one day, the President, regardless of whom he or she is, will make an announcement from the oval office. That announcement will be the expected revelation that we are being visited by ET.

I suppose one might even expect that the President will trot out an ET, of whatever form, to introduce itself to we humble Earthlings. Perhaps it will have learned English, or is using a translation device with which to transfer its words, or thoughts, in a form acceptable to the populace.

There could, I suppose be a single announcement projected to radios, TVs, personal computers, smartphones, tablets and other connected devices. Such an announcement would be heard in the native language of the locale in which it is being received.

It brings to mind how it was done in the 1956 sci-fi film, “Earth Versus the Flying Saucers, or the 2013 comic book flick, “Man of Steel.”

It doesn’t matter how this would be done. After all, ET is so far advanced that it would be child’s play, trivial.

Regardless, this sort of disclosure fulfills the expectations of tens of millions of people around the world. It is based on the assumption that ET is friendly — or at the worst neutral — towards Earth and thus will make sure there are no nasty consequences to its presence.

May I remind you, though, that the worldwide announcement in “Earth Versus the Flying Saucers” came from extraterrestrials who meant to do us harm. In “Man of Steel,” it came from General Zod, a rogue soldier who dreamed of terraforming Earth to resemble his home world, Krypton.

Then again, if ET was hostile, they wouldn’t need to engage in all this byplay, or even pretend to be friendly in order to divert our attention from their real motives. They’d just attack us, or find a way to do a covert takeover.

The latter reminds me of the theory from abduction researcher Dr. David Jacobs, that ET is creating a race of human/alien hybrids. They all look and act human. But Dr. Jacobs suggests that their plans are long range, where they will gradually infiltrate governments, the military and private defense contractors.

You get the picture.

One fine day we will awaken to discover that ET has taken us over, and is prepared to fulfill its mission. Or perhaps we’ll never know. It might just happen slowly, behind the scenes, in a way that we gradually become accustomed to the changes, to being dominated by extraterrestrials, and we won’t discover our fate until it’s too late.

Or maybe not even then.

This is not to suggest that we are in danger of being invaded. Sure, that was fodder for a number of sci-fi stories and films. But in most of those stories, Earth finds a way to defeat the superior aliens. Perhaps we take advantage of the fact that they underestimate us, feeling we are pushovers.

All right, that’s what happens in the sci-fi universe. After all, we are the good guys, and we have to win before the closing credits.

But I’m not deliberately raining on anyone’s parade. I honestly have no idea who it’ll all turn out, or even if there will be some sort of disclosure in my lifetime.

After all, many of the folks who talked disclosure in the 1950s are no longer around to see their wishes fulfilled. I don’t expect to see such a thing happening in my lifetime either, but for different reasons.

It may well be that the military doesn’t even know what’s going on, and has spent decades sweeping the sightings under the rug, or diverting the data to private industry. So long as UFOs do not appear to present a potential threat to national security, chalk it up to some kind of atmospheric anomaly that we will understand some day. Or maybe it’s just a test aircraft or drone that’s been misidentified.

Yes, that’s the ticket.

Indeed, a belief in the “Earth theory” was not unpopular in Ufology’s early days. Perhaps we recovered some advanced technology from the German scientists who jumpstarted our space program.

Even if such craft weren’t that much ahead of the existing technology of the time, a little misinformation would convey the impression of far more sophisticated craft that can’t possibly be one of ours.

Maybe some disinformation agents will insert themselves into the ongoing reports about UFOs. They will color the testimony, or fake it in a way that people are willing to accept the exaggeration. Mass hypnosis? Mind control?

You get the picture.

I say this as someone who has never seen a UFO. Or at least I’ve never seen anything that I couldn’t identify as a conventional aircraft.

But I am not advocating for such a theory. While I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility that some sightings are caused by conventional aircraft, perhaps undergoing tests, it doesn’t seem to accommodate all of those unknowns.

UFOs still seem to outmaneuver our most advanced aircraft. If these were test aircraft, you’d wonder why the technology wasn’t eventually integrated into existing military and private hardware.

Why, for example, send people into space using giant firecrackers, when there’s a better way to travel through space? Where’s the logic in that?

A secret space program?

I have to think that someone, somewhere, will discover at least some of what’s going on, perhaps by observing such flying machines in action. Wouldn’t radio signals be intercepted, even if they were encrypted? Wouldn’t their actual location be confirmed?

And there’s always the possibility of a whistleblower.

Again, if that alleged secret space program was real, such advanced technology would eventually become public in some way. After all, if we could easily defeat any rogue country with our flying ships and sophisticated weaponry, wouldn’t that be sufficient to begin to reduce those endless tribal conflicts around the world?

Why send soldiers into battle, putting themselves in danger, when there’s a far better way to manage warfare?

Are these truths we should be able to handle? But I haven’t even begun to address the possibility of time travelers, visitors from an alternate Earth in another universe, or a phenomenon that we can barely understand.

Copyright 1999-2020 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back