• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — June 30, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
June 30, 2019

www.theparacast.com

Dr. Michael P. Masters Explores UFOs Piloted by Time Travelers From the Future on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present author and anthropologist Dr. Michael P. Masters, author of "Identified Flying Objects: A Multidisciplinary Scientific Approach to the UFO Phenomenon. The book presents a challenging theory that at least some of those strange objects may actually be time travelers from the future. Dr. Masters received a Ph.D. in Anthropology from Ohio State University in 2009, where he specialized in hominid evolutionary anatomy, archaeology, and biomedicine. His background, education, and current research program combine to offer a unique perspective, and a novel approach to addressing unanswered questions pertaining to a widely recognized, yet poorly understood aspect of modern global culture.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

Dr. Michael P. Masters' Blog: https://idflyobj.com/

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on June 30: Gene and Randall present researcher William Puckett’s weekly UFO sighting segment. In this episode, he focuses on a vintage 1998 sighting from Melbourne Beach, FL, a report of a large cigar-shaped object in Mount Gilhead, NC in 2018, and a 2005 case in Gilhead, OH, where a woman was reportedly sickened as the result of a close encounter with a UFO. Author and anthropologist Dr. Michael P. Masters returns to continue the discussion that began on the regular episode of The Paracast for June 30, 2019, as he continues to focus on the subjects raised in his book, Identified Flying Objects: A Multidisciplinary Scientific Approach to the UFO Phenomenon. Dr. Masters suggests half-seriously that he was only hanging out with us to escape a hail storm, and he focuses on such matters as Bob Lazar, the alien creature on the cover of Whitley Strieber’s book, “Communion,” and his dad's sighting.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
By Gene Steinberg

I’ve had two radio careers, maybe three.

I first got the crazy idea that I’d found my life’s profession with a stutter. At age 11, I began to chase flying saucers and imagine a career as a writer and radio broadcaster.

But I wasn’t thinking about that annoying stutter when I convinced (or begged) my parent’s to buy me a simple tape recorder. As I first began to hear my voice on that contraption as others heard it, I somehow began to drop the stutter. In a day or two, it was gone.

I don’t know what I did, but it worked!

The radio career commenced when I was 21, first working as a disk jockey and later navigating towards broadcast news when station managers realized I could put more than two words together logically.

My first radio career ended, more or less, nine years later, and over the next 28 years, I concentrated on “plying my trade,” as a Tarot card reader once predicted, while developing a side profession as a published writer focusing primarily on technology and consumer electronics.

In 2002, I received an email from someone who planned on starting a network that would produce online radio shows covering the Apple Macintosh personal computer and other aspects of the company, and wondered if I would be willing to participate.

Before I had a chance to think about what I’d done, I said yes, and within a few days, I put together the original Mac Night Owl LIVE, named after my daily blog, and brought on board my teenaged son, Grayson, to cohost. As Apple’s iPod began to become a sales phenomenon that would change the company’s focus, I renamed the show The Tech Night Owl LIVE. My online radio show soon became a podcast, listed in Apple’s iTunes repository.

That original network, MacRadio, didn’t last very long, but I kept the show going.

Grayson left two years later to begin his college education, and I continued to expand the show to include one or more regular guests each week. While tech company representatives appeared from time to time, most guests were fellow journalists who joined me to comment on tech news and fancy gadgets.

As of the summer of 2010, The Tech Night Owl LIVE and The Paracast were syndicated on a real radio network, GCN.

In the early days of the tech show, Apple was still a counter-culture company, focusing mainly on nice-looking personal computers and accessories. Introduced in 2001, the iPod was a game-changer. In 2007, Apple’s CEO, the late Steve Jobs, introduced the ultimate iPod. It was also a handheld computer and a telephone — the iPhone.

With sales of hundreds of millions of units, the iPhone and, later, the iPad tablet, transformed Apple into one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. In recent years, its market cap made it the largest company in the world from time to time, depending on the vagaries of the stock market.

Apple had become a mainstream company. “Think Different” was still the motto, but how different could it be when over a billion devices had been activated around the world?

A mainstream company receives mainstream coverage, although Apple-oriented sites and podcasts continue to operate.

In the past year, as my wife and I attempted to survive in cheap motels, I worked hard to refocus my efforts on the things that would still make a difference. First and foremost, I resolved to expand and improve The Paracast, with the help of our little team — Cohost and Project Manager J. Randall Murphy, Guest Coordinator Mark Jackson, and our Special Correspondent, William Puckett.

The Tech Night Owl LIVE was no longer needed and it was time to move on.

The final episode of The Tech Night Owl LIVe will be broadcast on July 6th, 2019. It will be a wrap-up show, featuring some of my favorite guests. Subscribers to The Tech Night Owl+ should contact me to make other arrangements.

It’s been real fun ride.

But The Paracast will go on, as someone once said, at least till the last cup and saucer, and probably even after that.

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back