• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — June 28, 2020

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
June 28, 2020
www.theparacast.com

UFO Lobbyist Stephen Bassett Presents a UFO Disclosure Update on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! For a limited time you can save up to 40% on your subscription. So act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: UFO disclosure lobbyist Stephen Bassett joins Gene and Randall to deliver a timely update as to progress in the attempts to get the U.S. government to admit what it knows about the phenomenon. Depending on the results of the 2020 election for U.S. President, just how will the results impact that quest? Will another term for President Trump, or a victory by former Vice President Biden make a difference? Bassett is the executive director of Paradigm Research Group, founded in 1996, to end what he describes as a government imposed embargo on the truth behind the UFO phenomenon. He has spoken to audiences around the world about what he feels are the implications of disclosure by world governments of an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

Stephen Bassett's Paradigm Research Group: Home - Paradigm Research Group

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on June 28: Politics remain front and center as Gene and Randall continue their discussion with UFO lobbyist Stephen Bassett on the prospects for disclosure. Starting with published reports on the efforts of Florida GOP Senator Marco Rubio to require the Department of Defense to reveal what it knows about UFOs, Stephen focus on the potential impact, and whether it'll take until 2021. well after the Presidential election, for anything meaningful to occur. He speculates on what might have happened to the treatment of the UFO subject had Hillary Clinton been elected President in 2016, and also reminisces about the impact of the late astronomers Carl Sagan and Dr. J. Allen Hynek on the way the subject of UFOs has been treated over the years.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

New Hope for Disclosure?

By Gene Steinberg

As most of you know, I have never been much of a fan of the possibility for UFO disclosure, at least UFO disclosure in the way its advocates expect. But it’s not about skepticism so much as the lessons of history.

I first started following the UFO saga when I was 11, and later became part of what we knew then as the teen Ufology movement, consisting of those of us in the mid-to-late teens who put out newsletters on the subject and engaged in heavy-duty correspondence.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I met some of my closest friends, including my first wife, with whom I’m still on friendly terms, as penpals. That’s roughly the equivalent of writing lots of email in slow motion.

In any case, when The Paracast arrived in 2o06, I had some catching up to do, and observed the goings-on involving the 21st century equivalent of the movement to persuade — or force — the U.S. government to let us in on the UFO secret.

Of course, such hopes were based on assumptions. First that there was a secret to reveal, and second, that the UFOs were probably of extraterrestrial origin. If it was about secret weapons and such, the fine details would likely be kept secret for years or decades.

But in either case, it depended on the potential impact to national security. And I would assume the same held true for other countries.

Indeed, those who are lobbying for UFO disclosure, such as Stephen Bassett, mainly focus their efforts on the U.S. That leaves dozens of other developed countries that are confronting their own UFO events, and the potential that another government might want to get there first.

Indeed, I often wonder why one of those countries hasn’t tried to be beat the U.S. to disclosure and gain whatever advantage there is to be gained.

I suppose one possibility is that they are all, more or less, in it together. Now this may seem outrageous on the surface. We have governments that afford their populations various levels of freedom, and have other political considerations that are quite different from what most of us expect.

There are ongoing disputes, but not just involving spying on one another, which is a given. There are tribal wars and other conflicts that would seem to justify jockeying for position.

But vying to be first to disclose a UFO secret never seems to happen, and you have to wonder why.

So let me engage in some idle speculation, since I don’t pretend to have any inside information on which to base any of this on.

Let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that the ET theory is correct. We are being visited by beings from anther star system that may have, indeed, been observing us for decades or even centuries. This may indeed be a fact that becomes known to Earth governments early on as new leaders take control.

Things got more “interesting” during World War II, particularly after the U.S. set off its first nuclear bombs.

Now our penchant for self-destruction shouldn’t bother civilizations from far-off worlds you’d think. If we destroy ourselves, what difference would it make to them, unless they have a vested interest in our ultimate survival? Or perhaps they are basically good people who don’t want to see a civilization do itself in.

Maybe advancing civilizations often confront potential Armageddon events before coming to their senses.

So how would the secret be communicated to a government leader, particularly if they have no interest in any sustained contact with a potential rival country?

One possibility is the U.N., where all or most countries supposedly get together from time to time to talk peace and other issues. Except for some global programs covering famine and natural disasters, though, efforts to resolve disputes never seem to have much impact.

So why would anyone listen to the U.N.’s leadership about the UFO secret?

One possibility is that ET itself may be responsible for how this subject is managed. Representatives of the other planets individually contact government leaders and, knowing Earth’s penchant for war, quietly read the riot act to them. They can do what they wish to destroy themselves, but when it comes to a major civilization-altering event, such as a nuclear war, or attempts to reveal ET’s presence without permission, that’s going too far.

It may be reminiscent of Klaatu’s warning in the 1951 version of the classic sci-fi film, “The Day the Earth Stood Still,” which is that Earth must give up its evil ways or he and his robotic police force will take us out of our misery.

That could be why UFOs have been reported interfering with the operations of nuclear power plants, or the fact that the nuclear clock has yet to make its way to midnight although we’ve come close.

Attempts to disclose the UFO secret are promised, and sometimes we seem to get close, but it never seems to happen. Indeed, it may be possible that current efforts to convince Earth governments to reveal the truth are also destined to fail. They are, in large part, efforts to divert our attention from what’s really going on.

So even if there are hearings in the halls of the U.S. Congress about UFOs, it will never progress beyond the promise to further study the subject. Yes, those famous Tac-Tac UFO gun camera movies have garnered lots of good press. The authorities admit they are genuine, but will it ever get much further?

Just recently, there were published reports of new efforts by Florida GOP Senator Marco Rubio to secure UFO information from the government.

According to just one of many stories on the matter, “The Pentagon should release a public report on UFOs, argues the U.S. Senate intelligence committee. In addition to requiring a public report, the committee plans to impose new rules on how the Department of Defense (DOD) shares information about UFOs.”

But does anyone truly believe that’s going to make a difference? Or that the magical disclosure event will really happen?

This story was dropped at a time when the world is focused on other matters, both political and health-related. The chances that there will be much in the way of follow-ups are slim to none, except for a small number of people who will attempt to pursue it further.

Of course, none of this may matter. Governments may all regard UFOs as something unexplained, but unless they present a genuine threat to national or global security, it won’t go much further.

Maybe they all want it that way, or maybe some outside power is enforcing that approach. Either way, why should those recent developments make any difference?

Copyright 1999-2020 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back