• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — June 23, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
June 23, 2019

www.theparacast.com

Author Frank Joseph Reveals Startling Military Encounters with UFOs on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present author Frank Joseph, editor-in-chief of "Ancient American" magazine. The main focus of this interview is his 2018 book, "Military Encounters with Extraterrestrials: The Real War of the Worlds,” which covers more than 100 yeas of UFO sightings. Frank has written dozens of books, many re-published in foreign languages, including "The Atlantis Encyclopedia", "Opening the Ark of the Covenant", and "Unearthing Ancient America". He is a frequent guest speaker at various metaphysical and archaeological societies in the U.S. and abroad and was scheduled to deliver a presentation at the AlienXPO, taking place at the Knoxville Convention Center on August 17th & 18th, 2019.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on June 23: Gene and Randall present researcher William Puckett’s weekly UFO sighting roundup, featuring a case where the reported object appeared to respond to a sort of signal from the witness. Author Frank Joseph continues a discussion that first started on the June 23, 2019 episode of The Paracast. Focusing on his recent book, "Military Encounters with Extraterrestrials: The Real War of the Worlds,” he refers to the 1942 “Battle of Los Angeles,” as being a UFO-related event. There is also a discussion about the possible impact of disclosure.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Expecting Nothing and Being Pleasantly Surprised
By Gene Steinberg

I’ve said it or hinted at it often. I did not expect to be alive when or if the government and news media decided to take UFOs seriously. But that’s an opinion that came late to me. In the early days, I believed, as did many, that there would be a solution, perhaps a revelation by the governments of Earth, as to what was really going on.

In those early days, I accepted, as did most people enthralled by UFO lore, that we were being visited by ET. As an avid sci-fi reader — and later writer — I had no doubt that there was alien life out there, and it was surely possible that they would seek us out, or just come across our humble planet by accident.

Regardless, the failure of reaching an early solution more or less convinced me that the answer wouldn’t come so quickly. It seemed as if the basic UFO research paradigm was repeated over and over again. Just as soon as some felt that, whatever it was, had left us, well it was back again in all its glory.

This cycle repeated itself so often that it was hard to believe that anything would change. At the same time, disclosure advocates continued to predict — or at least hope — that the truth would finally be revealed to us. At least it was a way to hand off the research to another body. If the UFO community couldn’t get anywhere in solving the mystery, no doubt the authorities knew.

So why wouldn’t they tell us?

Today the situation is quite different, but it didn’t come from the sudden revelation that we were being visited by something or someone unknown. Instead, it all occurred so gradually it was hard, at first, to see that anything at all had changed.

Perhaps it all began with such sci-fi movies as Steven Spielberg’s “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” where the very basics of UFO sighting lore were extrapolated into a fascinating fable about alien contact. To create a greater impression of verisimilitude, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a late-in-life convert to believer status, had a cameo towards the end of the film.

Of course, you couldn’t see it then. It was, after all, just another movie, so why assume that it was intended to convey anything factual. It was about entertainment and selling tickets.

In recent years, scientists have been able to confirm, or at least theorize, the presence of possible Earth-like planets in our galactic neighborhood. If they have the conditions for life as we know it, perhaps they are inhabited. If that is the case, perhaps life is quite normal in the universe, which means that intelligent races are likely present.

And thus the possibility that UFOs are real and extraterrestrial after all.

The connection may not have been immediate. After all, sightings continued at the usual pace. Sometimes in greater numbers, and sometimes in lesser numbers, but they never seemed to leave us. Just as soon as it appeared that they had gone elsewhere, or we had turned to exploring other manifestations of the strange and unknown, they were back.

I didn’t expect things to change all that much.

Well, until such mainstream and mostly respected newspapers as The New York Times and the Washington Post published serious articles on the subject. We learned that former U.S. Senator Harry Reid had managed to get funding for a UFO study that was, in large part, handed off to his friend and supporter, the ever-mysterious hotel magnate, Robert Bigelow.

That said, Bigelow’s usual tact is to recruit the best and the brightest to help him gather evidence, yet keep the results of his research secret. Offloading the actual research to private industry gave the government plausible deniability.

Typical of the way things occur in the UFO field, the controversy over whether one Luis Elizondo did head up this Pentagon UFO study has only clouded the issue. Maybe the confusion was generated by government bureaucrats who were not fully briefed on the matter, or they really wanted to sow more confusion.

But that’s not the most important story

It’s perfectly obvious that something is going on. Why would a group of U.S. senators receive a classified briefing about reported UFO encounters involving the Navy?

A spokesperson for Senator Mark Warner, ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, was recently quoted as saying, “If pilots at Oceana or elsewhere are reporting flight hazards that interfere with training or put them at risk, then Senator Warner wants answers. It doesn't matter if it's weather balloons, little green men, or something else entirely — we can't ask our pilots to put their lives at risk unnecessarily.”

Clearly the use of the tired “little green men” trope was intended to direct the focus away from considering that these encounters involved alien airships. Nonetheless, something strange is going on, for why else hold a classified briefing? One would think there are more immediate issues to confront, such as the possible escalation of hostilities with Iran, the 2020 election for President, and so on and so forth.

None of this appeared to have impressed President Trump very much, though he at least said something about it, negative of course, before going on to attacking someone about something or other.

Again, the news media has been treating all this with perfect seriousness. You can even forgive, at least for the moment, that little green men reference in that congressional spokesperson quote as just a way to make it all seem so ordinary.

One almost feels that this may indeed be part and parcel of efforts at gradual disclosure, something I’ve been writing about for several years now. Rather than have that single momentous press conference at the oval office, it will all happen quietly in plain sight until the truth is at hand and accepted, by and large, by most people with no harm done.

Unless, of course, the authorities have to confess that, after all these years and all those close encounters — some of which may have involved efforts by our military to shoot at “them” — we still don’t know what’s really going on.

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

I have never thought there was any great mystery to the UFO question not since I first got interested in the subject when I was eleven or twelve and I am sixty one now.
UFOs are no more than our fellow earthlings (all be it with a small e) who were occupying this planet millennia before we even existed , they may not occupy the same space as we do but they are none the less fellow occupants of the planet Earth .

Back