• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — June 1, 2014

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
June 1, 2014
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Explores Crop Circles, Cattle Mutilations and UFOs with Researcher George Wingfield

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. Or use the Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. You can also send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris present wildly outspoken paranormal researcher George Wingfield, who has an extensive background following and investigating such ongoing mysteries as crop circles, cattle mutilations, UFOs, strange disappearances and so on and so forth. In taking about cattle mutilations, he'll reveal how he once worked as a cowboy in Arizona, and was actually involved in what he regards as mutilation. He'll also explain how he became a member of the infamous UFO "aviary," a group of people said to be involved in government disinformation. You'll also hear his responses to listener questions.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: http://www.ourstrangeplanet.com

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

Why UFO Research Has Been a Failure
By Gene Steinberg

Editor’s Note: Several years ago, I wrote an editorial complaining that UFO research continues to fail to deliver any new ideas. Some have suggested the field is “toxic,” that it’s so wound up in personalities and conflicts that it’s impossible to make any genuine progress towards solving the mystery.

As the discussions continue on The Paracast and in our very active community forums, I thought it’s fitting to reprint those words. So far as I’m concerned, nothing’s changed. —GS

In the early days of the so-called UFO field, we knew all the answers. Flying saucers came from other planets, the government knew the truth, and all that was needed was disclosure. Once the truth was out there, end of story, and it was time to get back to our ordinary lives, so to speak.

Well, certainly the revelation that we’re being visited by ET, creatures from out there with unknown motivations, would be anything but ordinary, and nobody knows for certain the consequences, although they might be none too comforting. Consider human history, where members of more advanced societies visit primitive tribes or countries and readily supplant their culture, or destroy them outright.

What would the knowledge that ET is here, perhaps even among us, do to Earthly governments, industries, even organized religion? Would the religious elders of different faiths be able to control their flocks once it was known that we aren’t the only intelligent, advanced (more or less) species in the universe.

Sure, some of the more knowledgeable religious leaders would simply adapt that information to their needs. If we posit the existence of God, then it is part of his (or her) plan to populate habitable planets around the universe with intelligent creatures. If ET is human -- or humanoid -- as is apparent in most reports of creatures seen in or around UFOs, then we are still all created in God’s image.

If not, then that, too, is part of the divine plan. You can have it either way, because our religious beliefs are little more than imperfect interpretations of God’s intentions towards us and other intelligent species. If a mistake has been made in understanding what is really going on, it’s all our fault.

But that’s the simple part. Through the years, the UFO field has been divided among all sorts of persuasions or faiths. You have those who believe in ET, those who support benevolent space brothers, evil space creatures, ongoing communication between our governments and “them,” secret Earth-based civilizations, visitors from another dimension or time, psychic apparitions, and all sorts of permutations of each.

Worse, those who feel they are “in the know” will usually be sharply critical of those ignorant fools who haven’t a clue about the way and the truth about UFOs.

Certainly, this is but a microcosm of how the UFO field has existed for decades. There are corollaries in our society. The political worlds are especially polarized, and the opposition is routinely demonized. This unfortunate situation is particularly true on the cable TV networks in the U.S., where those who hold opposing viewpoints are frequently regarded as dire enemies deserving of condemnation or worse.

When it comes to UFOs, this sad state of affairs readily explains why few outsiders will regard it seriously. Sure, you can point to polls that indicate fairly large numbers of people believe UFOs are real, usually extraterrestrial in origin. They might even favor the possibility that governments know the truth but won’t tell.

However, polling results don’t really help determine truth. It’s also unfortunate that the media regards UFOs as entertainment. So when there are special programs on the subject, they are often manipulated to be provocative, the facts be damned!

When supposedly serious reporters offer a report about a UFO sighting, it’s almost always with a wink and a knowing grin. It garners the same level of seriousness as the silly shenanigans of the latest troubled show business or political figure.

Unfortunately, I don’t expect this unfortunate situation to change any time soon. Demands for disclosure may, in large part, be perfectly sincere, but it’s not at all certain that any Earthly government really knows what’s going on. All you can do is suspect.

And that, my friends, is why UFO research continues to go exactly nowhere.

Copyright 1999-2014 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Hi Gene
Wise words you wrote. The reason I love Paracast is because it seems it is the only place where real open minds survive and have a voice. Everywhere else you have to be either a believer or a skeptic. I am neither one and both, as paradoxical as it sounds.
Recently I went to a forum organized by AJ Gevaerd in Curitiba, Brasil. I was in the first one as well, which IMHO was better due to the intimacy achieved amongst speakers and public, but that is only my opinion.
Anyway, I felt that a person like me has no place in these forums, because the "we know best" behavior of the majority of the people that go to these gatherings. Last year, because it was the first, or by pure chance I met a lot of people like me. We are the ones who have seen unidentified flying objects and have no clue what they are; people who are no abductees or contactees, and expect intelligent reasoning from anyone who claims to have any type of contact. But it looks like the whole thing is tipping towards the people who say they know the truth because their ET friend told them so. Yuck!
I tell my normal friends that as a race we don't want to assume our guilt for the demise of our planet, so we have found a better way: blame it all on the reptilians and the occult government! Think about it: if I say that to believers they will ostracize me.
I believe in UFOs and think that some people do have contact. But only a handful questions the true nature of these beings they meet and their messages.Therefore I am inclined to throw the water with all the babies, even the ones that might be real.
Thanks for the Paracast, I do feel that here I will be able to learn to rescue the "healthy babies from the bathtub."
Usha (Ufocurious)

You are not alone. I am also new to the study of UFOs.

I'm curious. Are you a native Brazilian? I ask because your English language skills are so good.

I STRONGLY suggest starting with the ONLY comprehensive study on UFOs ever undertaken and successfully completed. Operation Trojan Horse will give you true perspective via correlative statistical analysis of the most thorough type possible.

This is NOT where to start: The Most Dated UFO Video EVER! | The Paracast Community Forums

...but it sure is FUN!

Back