• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — July 9, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
July 9, 2017
www.theparacast.com

Dr. Joseph G. Buchman Recounts a Memorable UFO Research Odyssey on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We’ve just begun to add podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene, Chris and special guest co-host Goggs Mackay present Dr. Joseph G. Buchman, who recounts his fascinating odyssey through the highways and byways of UFO research over the years. He also talks extensively as to how he connected his interest in UFOs with his interest in libertarian politics, and his efforts to help organize the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure, in 2013, which featured ex-members of the U.S. Congress and Senate. Says Chris about Dr. Buchman “He’s really bright, articulate, up to speed and has a fun, wry sense of humor. Plus, he speaks fluent Paracast.” And. no, this episode is not about politics.

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

Dr. Joseph G. Buchman’s Site: Vote

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on July 9: Gene, guest co-host Goggs Mackay and Dr. Joseph G. Buchman discuss the reality of UFOs. Do we see them as they really are? Joe sites the Travis Walton episode as an example of a genuine case. But what about the “one step beyond” phenomenon in the UFO field, where the it appears to present technology only slightly ahead of ours? Would we even be able to recognize them in their true form? Gene repeats the “UFOs are here to make us think” theory, along with the possibility of government intervention in the early days, which helped to build the UFO myth. Joe details his less-than-favorable encounters with fiery UFO advocate Paola Harris.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Should We Pay Attention to the Wacky Ones?
By Gene Steinberg

From the earliest days in which I followed the crazy UFO saga, there have been at least two distinct camps of believers and investigators. One was the so-called scientific researcher, who focused on physical craft that probably came here from other planets. The other camp consisted of contactees — those who claimed to be in touch with ET — and their fellow travelers.

Now I’m not going to argue about what someone believes. That’s a losing argument. Nonetheless, such contactees as George Adamski, Daniel Fry, and others, delivered wildly fanciful tales of interactions with handsome or beautiful humanoids from nearby planets.

So in those days, they were from Venus or Mars or maybe Saturn. Of course, this was before we realized that Venus was a hothouse, with temperatures of hundreds of degrees. Talk about the sunburn!

Mars was always a dead or dying world. Sci-fi/fantasy writer Edgar Rice Burroughs was writing about the aging planet with dead sea bottoms, red-skinned humans and fearsome creatures in the early 20th century. But if life really and truly existed on the red planet, it would have happened millions of years ago, and may have never advanced very far.

Oh well, maybe there are still primitive life forms swimming about beneath the surface. After all, Mars does have some water, but the tall handsome Martians some contactees talked about clearly didn’t live there.

Or anywhere.

Later, contactees changed their tune. The visitors came from far-off planets, revolving around distant star systems.

Among the scientific UFO research community, it was generally believed that these contactees were in it for the buck, or they were perhaps just crazy folk who imagined they had experiences with ET. But even when they were exposed as the fakers they were, people still believed in them.

Or maybe the government was feeding fake news about them to discredit their efforts to spread the truth about the Space Brothers. Of course, we didn’t use the term “fake news” in those days.

This is not to say that the government may not have been involved from time to time in the contactee movement.

Take one of the lesser-known contactees, one Orfeo Angelucci. He wasn’t as well known as the others, but he was very much in the mainstream of claimants of meeting long-haired ETs who were here to help us rather than to harm us.

But as prolific paranormal author Nick Redfern reminds us in a recent column, perhaps Angelucci’s meetings with “space-hippies” were manufactured by government agents. The Men in Black perhaps?

So maybe he was the victim of mind control. Take the story involving his meeting with a strange man named Adam at a diner. Out of the blue, Adam offers Angelucci “an oyster-white pellet,” that he consumed with a glass of water. Then he went into a dream and experienced the sort of expanded consciousness that might result from a psychedelic trip.

Now I don’t know about you, but if a strange man, or woman, offered me a pill, any pill, I wouldn’t for a moment consider trying it. Not even if it was supposed to be an aspirin. Perhaps Angelucci was just naive and wasn’t very savvy about sizing up people. So he may have been the unwary victim of government experiments, and his contacts were little more than drug-induced hallucinations.

Now it may well be that other contactees were also victims of some sort of government experimentation.

Take Howard Menger, who was once known as the “Jersey Adamski,” because he, a New Jersey resident, claimed to have met up with beings similar to the ones Adamski claimed to have been in touch with.

Menger, a sign painter by trade, would often produce paintings of human-like aliens and their alleged spacecraft. But one of the pictures I saw depicted a craft that very much resembled the one used by Klaatu, the alien visitor in the sci-fi classic movie, “The Day the Earth Stood Still.”

In the final scene, where Klaatu’s glowing spaceship takes off, you’ll see a close match to the painting that Menger later produced. So transparent, but why didn’t he make an effort to alter it so it would seem more credible?

But the most troubling thing about Menger was his later claim that he may have been the unwilling subject of a government experiment. He repeated the story on TV to the stunned host, radio talk show pioneer Long John Nebel. I don’t think he ever appeared again on Long John’s show after that.

I also recall the day when Jim Moseley and I met Menger at a diner in midtown Manhattan in the 1960s. I was working then as Managing Editor of Jim’s Saucer News magazine at a time when he made a genuine effort to build it into a thriving business.

Menger seemed sincere enough, and thus Jim struck up a sort of friendship with him. Later, after moving to Florida, Menger claimed to be building models of flying saucers, and, from time to time, he sent Jim some photos of his work. I’m not altogether sure what this project had to do with being the victim of government experiments.

I really should have paid more attention, though. When I look back at the early history of UFO research, I find all sorts of hints that convey the impression that the government was messing with us for reasons best known to themselves.

So was the Roswell UFO crash really a failed human experiment involving balloons? Did the U.S. government fake ghost light sightings during and after World War II to spook the Russians? What about all those Nazi inventions that came into the hands of the U.S. and other countries post-war?

Were some of those early flying saucer sightings the result of attempts to fly test aircraft? Was the UFO myth employed as a cover story to hide the truth about what was really going on?

After all, UFOs officially didn’t exist. So if a test aircraft sighting was attributed to a UFO, that fact could be used as a means to debunk it. It never happened.

End of story.

But it may well be that covert government involvement in the UFO mess didn’t end in the 1950s. Is it at all possible that U.S. citizens were still the unwary victims of reckless mind control experiments for many years after that?

What about UFO contacts? What about alien abductions? Just what is going on here anyway?

This doesn’t mean that UFOs do not represent an unknown phenomenon. But there is an awful lot of curious information that exists in various corners of UFO research. Again, the presence of UFOs may be used as cover stories to conceal government experiments of one sort or another. Then again, maybe the forces behind the UFOs are also engaged in some form of misdirection.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back