• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — July 22, 2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
July 22, 2018
www.theparacast.com

Nick Redfern Discusses Government Agents, Paranormal Beings, Contactees and More on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth,” and we are now offering special access to the first two episodes of the ghost haunting show he cohosts, "Haunted." Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: https://plus.theparacast.com/.

This Week's Episode: Gene and weekly cohost J. Randall Murphy present Nick Redfern, prolific author of all things paranormal. Nick will focus on the third book of his MIB trilogy, “The Black Diary: M.I.B, Women in Black, Black-Eyed Children, and Dangerous Books.” Highlights include: dozens of never-before-seen stories of encounters with these creatures; Nick’s own sighting of an MIB; the ability of these multi-dimensional entities to invade our space in hostile fashion; and how and why writing, reading and even thinking about them can be hazardous. Nick Redfern is the author of more than forty books mainly focusing on the strange and the unknown.

Nick Redfern's Blog: Nick Redfern's World of Whatever...

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on July 22: Gene and guest cohost J. Randall Murphy talk about MIB and whether they are government agents, supernatural beings, a combination of both? What about agents using drugs and other mind control schemes to create an experience that is otherwise unreal? What abut the contactees, and is there a reason why each of them usually meets different entities? And if ET wanted to stage a mass landing, would they warn Earthlings in the fashion of the “ancient beings” from “Earth Versus the Flying Saucers”?

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Some Random Observations About the Men In Black
By Gene Steinberg

As with many people who started chasing flying saucers in the 1950s, I read and was intrigued by “They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers.” The book focused on the curious case of one Albert K. Bender and others who claimed to have been dissuaded from getting too close to the solution to the UFO mystery by possible government agents.

According to Barker’s book, Bender met up with three men wearing black suits — thus the origin of the Men In Black legend. I hesitate to say “myth” because it does appear, at least from the book, that the people he met were real, possibly government agents who came after Bender because he allegedly discovered the solution to the UFO mystery.

Other than dropping intriguing hints about his visitors, Bender didn’t say much of anything for several years, although his silence very much made him sort of a celebrity. This despite the fact that he professed to want no further involvement in the field.

That appeared to be the case until Barker announced that he planned to publish a book from Bender in which he promised to reveal the truth about the three men.

Depending on your point of view, the book may have been intriguing or a total disappointment. It’s unclear how much Barker contributed to, or altered the book in the editing process, but I recall the writing style as being similar to his. Maybe he edited it too much, but it seems that the three men were really three spacemen.

Bender was just another UFO contactee!

So did that throw the MIB legend off its groove?

Now I did read the book cover to cover, and I had the chance to chat with Bender briefly at one of Jim Moseley’s monthly meetings in New York City. Bender’s public presentation was low-key, he seemed pleasant enough, but Moseley’s soon-to-be ex-wife Sandra decided that he had serious problems. She claimed to be an amateur psychologist, but I came to no decisions, I just listened.

Bender gave it all up a few years later, and lived the remainder of his long life totally separated from the UFO field. I suppose I should envy him.

But Bender’s book did not destroy the MIB legend, because their presence was reported in other UFO cases. Sometimes they appeared human, sometimes less so, as if they were aliens trying too hard to emulate Earthlings.

As most of you know, the MIB ended up as fodder for a series of graphic comic books and three blockbuster movies about an organization formed to monitor alien activity on Earth.

Forgetting the fictional treatment, just what are MIB anyway? Are they mainly government agents who travel about to spook people into shutting up about their saucer sightings? Does it even make sense to attempt to frighten people in such an outrageous fashion? After all, there is always the risk that such threats will backfire and draw more attention to the experience.

Or is that the real intent?

I suppose it’s possible that the sighting itself, from the UFO to the presence of the MIB, is some sort of mind control experiment. The experience is induced by drugs, and perhaps MIB show up to consider the results. When MIB appear as supernatural things, perhaps that too is an illusion.

Not possible? Well, there is that story paranormal book author Nick Redfern has told listeners to The Paracast, about contactee Orfeo Angelucci meeting an alleged human-like alien named Adam at a diner in the 1950s. After ordering a steak dinner, Adam urges Angelucci to partake of a special champagne that is produced by the act of dropping a white pellet into a glass of water.

So was that “nectar” some sort of hallucinogenic drug? Don’t forget that this incident reportedly occurred when people were more inclined to partake of beverages without suspicion about it being tampered with. So was Angelucci yet another victim of government experimentation?

And what sort of drug was it anyway?

Obviously, there’s no way to know, but it might very well have been a substance that made the subject highly suggestible, thus vulnerable to all sorts of instructions. In other words, the entire experience with aliens might have all been in his head. I suppose the same might be said of Bender when he recalled meeting MIB that were actually visitors from outer space.

Indeed, is it at all possible that some of contactees were also unwitting subjects of government experimentation? It’s not as if the authorities were innocent of mind control stunts, particularly in the early years after World War II.

Then there’s the case of Howard Menger, once referred to as the “Jersey Adamski” because he claimed to have been visited by supposed humanoid aliens that were quite similar to the ones Adamski supposedly met. The story had its own wrinkles, as you might expect, but it took a curious and surprising turn when Menger claimed that he believed that he was actually a part of an Army experiment of some sort.

Indeed, Menger told me and Jim Moseley about his belief of being involved with government agents during a lunch meeting. Some time thereafter, he began to build models of flying saucers. According to Tim Beckley, Menger later recanted his recant. Go figure!

This may even explain why the classic contact experiences don’t occur with quite the frequency as they used to. The program in which these subjects were involved is no longer active. As far as the rest are concerned, perhaps some people really had genuine encounters that they cannot explain. Or perhaps they are just making up these experiences, which is the prevailing opinion of most serious UFO followers.

But proving such experimentation is easier said than done.

At the end of the day, all flying saucer contacts and at least some MIB meetings may be fabricated. A few of the latter may indeed involve routine visits by government agents that are exaggerated in the retelling because of the influence of the MIB legend.

Or maybe there are indeed supernatural beings that play havoc with the sensibilities of innocent people for reasons best known to themselves.

Copyright 1999-2018 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back