• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 28, 2018

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 28, 2018
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Presents Bryce Zabel "on the Trail of the Saucers"

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth,” and we are now offering special access to the first two episodes of the ghost haunting show he cohosts, "Haunted." Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Gene and guest cohost J. Randall Murphy present former CNN correspondent, writer and producer Bryce Zabel. A winner of the prestigious Writers Guild award for screenwriting, Bryce has created and produced five primetime television series, including fan favorites “Dark Skies” and “The Crow.” He is developing “Unidentified.” about the race to break the Roswell story, and “Captured,” about the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. His book “A.D. After Disclosure” with Richard Dolan is considered a classic of UFO literature. Zabel is a featured speaker at the 2018 International UFO Congress in Phoenix, speaking on the topic, “Fear and Loathing on the Trail of the Saucers.”

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

Bryce Zabel's Facebook Page: Bryce Zabel

J. Randall Murphy's Site: ufopages.com

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on January 28: Gene and guest co-host J. Randall Murphy briefly discuss the recent super hero films the former hasn’t seen yet, as the discussion moves to the alleged intelligence types that TV producer/writer Bryce Zabel and his partner, Brent Friedman, met shortly after the show they created, “Dark Skies,” premiered on NBC in 1996. Were those visitors really part of a military operation related to UFOs, disinformation agents, or hoaxers? During the session, Gene and Randall discuss one of the multiverse theories, the Mandela Effect, where one or more people might have alternate memories of some events. Gene reveals one possible anomalous experience, involving the mysterious reappearance of a lost pair of reading glasses.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

About Reality Bending
By Gene Steinberg

In the 1960s, paranormal theorist Allen Greenfield and I first began talking about UFOs from alternate realities, parallel worlds in other dimensions. We speculated that the laws of physics might even be different over there, basing the idea on a fantasy novel, “The Incomplete Enchanter,” a 1941 book from Fletcher Pratt and L. Sprague de Camp.

This all came about for us at a time when most people who followed the UFO mystery felt they were spaceships from other planets. That theory still dominates the field, and certainly it appears to make plenty of sense, although there’s still no actual evidence as to the true origin.

Allen went on to edit a newsletter bearing the title, “Alternate Horizons,” but its readership remained small. Such ideas were usually mentioned only in passing, and rarely taken seriously.

Over the years, the concept of a multiverse has often been used as a plot device in fiction. Such super heroes as The Flash, Supergirl, Green Arrow and other DC characters often find themselves on alternate Earths in the comics and on their respective CWTV shows.

Certainly it’s a fast way to travel. You jump into a circular flowing and watery mist and you soon find yourself in that other reality. In that way, it visually resembles the effect generated by the stargate employed as a transport device in a movie and several sci-fi TV series.

Now the biggest problem with alternate realties is that, while they can be considered as possible by physicists, such theories are not exactly proven. Or is it at all possible that people regularly travel through dimensional portals, but are mostly unaware that it’s really happening?

That takes us to the Mandela Effect, a theory involving people who have alternate memories of certain events, or, in fact, their entire lives.

A recent episode of the “X-Files” reboot, titled “The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat,” involved Mulder and Scully meeting an eccentric character, Reggie, who has distinct memories of working with both of them. Only they never heard of him.

So was he just a crazy person, or was the scene in which he was picked up and presented with a straitjacket an attempt to silence him? Or did Reggie have a legitimate alternate memory of his life because he came here from another reality?

The episode, written and directed by Darin Morgan, had clever dialogue and terrific performances by the small cast. But I wonder how many viewers realized that the show was actually depicting a concept of how the Mandela Effect might work.

And don’t forget that classic “Star Trek” episode, “Mirror, Mirror,” in which the crew of the starship Enterprise encounters evil versions of themselves from an alternate universe.

Now I thought seriously about all of this a few weeks back when something damned peculiar happened in the office area of my apartment. A pair of reading glasses had gone missing. I looked all over for it in that room, every nook and cranny, but I couldn’t find it.

One day, during a recording session for The Paracast, I turned my head left and noticed something familiar in front of an old all-in-one printer mounted on a table. It was the missing pair of glasses!

Now that printer is something I see regularly. Since I turn left to use the studio mic, the printer is always in front of me. When I exercise before breakfast, I often focus my eyes on that printer, mostly to concentrate on something while I’m doing one exercise or another.

In short, there was no way for me to have missed those glasses had they been there all the time. Indeed, I even looked around the printer and searched through the shelves on the table beneath it while trying to find the disappeared item.

Yes, I realize it’s easy to miss something if you’re not paying close attention. But I made a deliberate effort to check every possible location in that room to find them.

I suppose it’s easy to suggest that maybe someone was playing a prank on me. But Mrs. Steinberg is not the sort of person to do that, and has never even attempted such stunts over 40 years of marriage.

That wasn’t it!

Now my son, Grayson, might do something of that sort, as he has a sly sense of humor. But he lives and works in Madrid, and hasn’t been home in over a year. So he couldn’t be responsible.

What about a visitor?

Nobody, except for package delivery people who usually leave their goods on the front porch. They never enter my home. Call me a hermit, but we don’t entertain many visitors.

I am not suggesting this is evidence that those reading glasses disappeared in an alternate reality, and only turned up upon the repetition of the same phenomenon. I am also not suggesting that I was visited one evening by an interdimensional traveler who decided to pull such a stunt, or even some Men In Black for that matter.

Maybe I just remembered it wrong. Perhaps I did find those glasses, absentmindedly left them on the printer table, and went on about my business only to discover them a few days later.

Maybe that’s all it was.

And what about UFOs? If there are alternate dimensions, alternate realities, how does that impact the presence of UFOs. Do the forces or beings in control of those flying machines deliberately travel across realities in the normal course of events, or is it all an accident? Maybe it happens without their control, and they are as mystified as anyone to find themselves in an unfamiliar place.

I know years ago, when the legend of the Bermuda Triangle was in vogue, some people suggested that the missing planes and ships were suddenly transported to another dimension, lost forever. These days, it appears that those disappearances were largely due to natural causes, perhaps hostile weather conditions or other events having nothing to do with the multiverse or a paranormal event.

Now the idea of entering an alternate universe is certainly intriguing enough. If it could be done with a way to return, I’d love to give it a try. But would I even notice the transition? Maybe that’s why some people experience alternate memories. Maybe it doesn’t mean someone’s suffering from a mental deficiency or an illness, but actually entering an alternate universe or dimension. And if you do switch from one reality to another at random during your lifetime, what happens to the place you left? Does another version of you show up there?

Copyright 1999-2018 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back