• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 17, 2021

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
January 17, 2021
www.theparacast.com

Special Correspondent William Puckett Reveals the Latest UFO Sightings on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. Long-term susbcribers will receive a free coupon code for the James Fox UFO documentary "The Phenomenon," which includes 3 hours of extras, while supplies last. So act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: Choose Your Membership Upgrade

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present Special Correspondent William Puckett with another collection of recent sightings from around the world, plus his comments about prospects for solid information from the Pentagon UAP Task Force. Among the key sightings is a report about a robot-like being emerging from a glowing green UFO, as reported in Las Vegas on November 22, 2020. William worked as a meteorologist with the National Weather Service for 3 years and the Environmental Protection Agency for 27 years. He was a consultant for the History Channel series "UFO Hunters" and is also a research associate with NARCAP (National Reporting Center for Anomalous Phenomena). He is credited with meteorological and radar analysis for the November 7, 2006 UFO Incident at O'Hare Airport in Chicago.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on January 17: Special Correspondent William Puckett returns to continue the discussion of recent UFO cases that began on the January 17, 2021 episode of The Paracast. In addition to reports of possible UFOs as photographed by door bell cameras, he also talks further of his expectations for the report required from the Pentagon UFO Task Force in mid-2021. Disclosure, or yet another excuse about the lack of impact to national security? William's UFOs Northwest site is a national reporting center for UFOs that is seeking to find the truth about the phenomenon and share its results with the public. He believes that, for far too long, citizens have been kept in the dark by government and research agencies.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

Throwing Us a Bone?
By Gene Steinberg

Over the years, it was widely believed that the governments of Earth had systematically suppressed the truth about UFOs. Maybe they are working together, but it’s hard to think more than a few of these countries are inclined to cooperate with their neighbors.

Of course, that truth was said to represent ironclad evidence that we were being visited by extraterrestrials.

It’s not that nothing has emerged from government archives through the years. In the early days of modern Ufology, such notable UFO advocates as Major Donald Keyhoe often relied on his contacts in the U.S. government to provide details of sightings he presented in his various books. He was in regular touch with Project Blue Book, although it appears most of that information was retrieved verbally; in other words, he wrote it all down.

Now none of this matters so much except for a little anecdote I enjoy telling. So in the early 1950s, a former Princeton student, one James W. Moseley, was traveling around the country putting together information for a proposed book on the flying saucers.

Now that book was never published in its original form. The closest was his 2002 book coauthored with skeptic Karl Pflock, “Shockingly Close to the Truth! Confessions of a Grave-robbing Ufologist.”

In any case, during his research, Jim visited Project Blue Book, where he was given access to an office typewriter and was allowed to copy the details of some of the same cases that were given verbally to Keyhoe.

When Keyhoe heard of this, he reportedly threw a fit. Well, at least according to Jim, but I never had reason to doubt the claim. So Project Blue Book simply clamped down on its release policy, so nobody could get the same direct access accorded to Jim.

In any case, the quality of the cases revealed in those days was probably better than today, at least as far as being “unknowns,” phenomena that could not be debunked conventionally.

But we never had that smoking gun, ironclad evidence that ET was amongst us, or any final answer for that matter.

The 1967 Freedom of Information Act was meant to allow full or partial disclosure of lots of information previously unreleased by the government. Over the years, it fueled thousands upon thousands of requests for documents about all sorts of subjects, but UFO data is what interests us.

The data retrieval process exemplifies the worst of government bureaucracy. You have to be precise about a request, so precise that a mistake here or there will produce a response that no such documents are available. It’s reasonable to suggest that such requirements could be used as an excuse to conceal data.

But even when the documents are released, it doesn’t mean you have access to all of its contents. There are often extensive blacked out portions that conceal information that might be regarded as secret, possibly impacting national security.

Talk about Sharpiegate!

You can see millions of UFO-related documents over at John Greenewald’s “Black Vault.” You can spend hours there poring over the results of years of work fighting the bureaucracy in retrieving this information. As I write this, there are new documents from the CIA that you can read or download in PDF format.

One thing is sure, however, and that is that there’s plenty of intriguing stuff there about previously unknown UFO sightings. But you can’t find anything that would provide absolute proof of ET visitation, or of any final explanation for the phenomenon. It’s much like opening the screen door, but not the iron door behind it. Or at best, it’s door number one, and number two and beyond will be forever hidden.

As a practical matter, the results of tons of FOIA requests can demonstrate the government’s penchant for secrecy about UFOs and lots of other topics. After all, why hide this information — at least the portions the public is allowed to see — if there’s nothing to conceal? Why not just post it all and be done with it?

Well, as a practical matter, it would mean having government bureaucrats spend months or years looking over all such material to determine what can be released or what they can keep under wraps or partly under wraps. I can’t speak of all countries, but staffs have been trimmed in many government agencies, so there just aren’t enough people around to handle something that would not be a priority.

The FOIA request might take months or years to generate a response. No doubt such things are placed at the bottom of the pile, and it might require one or more follow ups to reveal anything. And it’s not that similar requests in other countries would necessarily provide more complete results.

But that takes us to the Pentagon UAP Task Force, which was given six months to produce a report in the appropriations bill signed into law by President Trump during the final days of 2020. This is said to represent a potential gateway to disclosure.

I wouldn’t be so optimistic. The request has no force of law. In other words, the group cannot be compelled by Congress to deliver that report. Even if it is produced, the results are apt to disappoint followers of UFO lore who are hoping for significant revelations.

So, the report can claim that they are still looking into it, and hope to provide a followup in another six months. Or the typical government excuse when it comes to UFO sightings, that they do not represent threats to national security. They can also say that they do not possess evidence that we are being visited by extraterrestrials. And that, as they say, is that.

Yes, legislators can demand a Government Accountability Office investigation to see if the group is lying to Congress, but there are far more urgent matters to consider nowadays.

And this won’t stop some Ufologists — and mainstream journalists — from being overly optimistic that things have changed. Even if a few more gun camera photos taken by Navy pilots are produced, that doesn’t demonstrate the source of the objects seen in those photos. It’s just more inconclusive fodder to debate.

I won’t deny I’m coming across as pretty much the grizzled old man that I probably am. I’ve watched the goings on for decades, the predictions for disclosure and the dashed hopes. Nothing ever seems to change.

So long as UFOs remain, for the most part, at arm’s length, I don’t expect anything different in my lifetime. People may also continue to report direct encounters with unearthly creatures, human-like or otherwise, but the experiences will remain anecdotal, unproven.

While I’d love to be proven wrong, I have learned the lessons of history.

Copyright 1999-2021 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

The Paracast Newsletter January 17, 2021

Special Correspondent William Puckett Reveals the Latest UFO Sightings on The Paracast!

It was nice to have William give us an update. I hope he's able to get the photos of the up-close object that are alleged to be out there from the greenish orb sighting.

So, the report can claim that they are still looking into it, and hope to provide a followup in another six months. Or the typical government excuse when it comes to UFO sightings, that they do not represent threats to national security. They can also say that they do not possess evidence that we are being visited by extraterrestrials. And that, as they say, is that.
Yup. In which case then what? Back to the status quo that we ( the firsthand witnesses ) already know, and we're supposed to believe they ( the PTB ) don't have more info than we do.
Yes, legislators can demand a Government Accountability Office investigation to see if the group is lying to Congress, but there are far more urgent matters to consider nowadays.
Maybe, that depends on how we look at it. The agencies responsible for disclosure don't have anything to do with pandemic management, so it's not like anything has changed for them.
And this won’t stop some Ufologists — and mainstream journalists — from being overly optimistic that things have changed. Even if a few more gun camera photos taken by Navy pilots are produced, that doesn’t demonstrate the source of the objects seen in those photos. It’s just more inconclusive fodder to debate.
Yup. Photos and video don't really prove anything to the skeptics, no matter what the source is ( or almost anyway ).
I’ve watched the goings on for decades, the predictions for disclosure and the dashed hopes. Nothing ever seems to change.
Things have changed, but in increments that are so small that the perception is that nothing has changed. However, it seems to me that enough public investigation and firsthand experiences have taken place since the Golden Era , that there's no longer any reasonable way to explain away them all.
So long as UFOs remain, for the most part, at arm’s length, I don’t expect anything different in my lifetime. People may also continue to report direct encounters with unearthly creatures, human-like or otherwise, but the experiences will remain anecdotal, unproven.
There's the issue of "proof" again. For many of us, there's plenty of proof. For others there isn't. However those who say there isn't haven't come up with a reasonable explanation for all the sightings. They just revert to the standard mundane possibilities, none of which fit the circumstances reported, leaving them to claim the case must be a fabrication.
While I’d love to be proven wrong, I have learned the lessons of history ...
Over the long-term, history shows steady progress toward understanding these sorts of anomalies. But you could still be right. One of the things I fear is that the real aliens left sometime back in the mid to late 70s, and everything since has been either our own technology, or some sort of out of ordinary, but otherwise non-alien explanation.

Back