• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — January 15, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
January 15, 2017
www.theparacast.com

The Paracast Explores Roswell One More Time with Kevin D. Randle

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, and chat rooms when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We’ve just begun to add podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free eBook offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: After over 30 years researching the case, Kevin D. Randle's recent book, "Roswell in the 21st Century," may be the definitive work on the subject. With hundreds of listed references and a long bibliography, he has clearly done his research to separate truth from the fiction in this legendary case. He has found that some of the Roswell claims, such as the existence of alien bodies, to be less compelling upon reinvestigation, and you'll find out why. And what about those controversial MD-12 documents? Kevin D. Randle is a retired soldier, and a prolific science fact and science fiction writer. This episode features guest co-host Erica Lukes and forum moderator Goggs Mackay.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Kevin D. Randle’s Blog: A Different Perspective

Erica Lukes’ Site: Erica Lukes, UFO Classified Radio Show Host KCOR

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on January 15: Guest co-host Erica Lukes, forum moderator Goggs Mackay and Gene focus first on music and UFOs, about musicians and other performers who are interested in the paranormal. Moving on to the appearance of Kevin D. Randle, author of “Roswell in the 21st Century,” on The Paracast, the crew wonder whether it’s finally time to “get over Roswell” and similar old cases and concentrate on the mystery than individual sightings. After a brief discussion about filmmaker James Fox and his delayed movie, “701,” the crew wonders how best to say, “you’re fired.”

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

70 Years of — What?
By Gene Steinberg

I remember how I used to repeat the standard myth about the origins of the UFO field. It all started when Kenneth Arnold, a private pilot, saw nine disk-shaped objects flying in formation near Mountain Rainier, in the state of Washington. Years before the arrival of the Internet and cable news, the story got enough traction in the daily newspapers to impact the public’s consciousness.

With such descriptions of the shape of the objects as "saucer", "disk", or "pie-plate", it was a short reach to “flying saucers,” and thus began a legend, or a modern myth. Even though many of the people who reported strange objects in the sky described other shapes, such as cigars and triangles, flying saucers stuck. It was a warm and fuzzy way to talk about an unknown phenomenon, and a convenient tool for skeptics to say it was all a bunch of nonsense.

When the late Captain Edward Ruppelt took over the Air Force’s flying saucer investigation project, which became Project Blue Book, he began to refer to them as Unidentified Flying Objects, UFOs. The pure definition of the acronym is obvious, but many looked at it as a more respectable way to talk about possible visitors from space.

Nearly 70 years later, people are still talking about UFOs. To escape the sometimes unsavory reputation of that name, some use UAP, for unidentified aerial phenomena. It’s also defined as unidentified aerospace phenomena, but UAP is actually a abbreviation for a number of terms, including unlicensed assistive personnel, which basically means health care providers that evidently include nurse aides, orderlies, assistants, attendants, or technicians.

So while UAP may be a more respectable way to refer to UFOs, the meaning is not quite crystal clear. There are too many other ways to use it.

Of course, you can argue about the meanings of words and abbreviations all day — and night — and not really resolve anything about the subject. Even though UFO ought to mean “unidentified,” it’s taken by some as another name for spaceships. But I prefer to accept the original meaning, that a spaceship, if proven, would be an IFO (identified flying object), but wouldn’t that be true for a conventional aircraft, a planet, or a lightning bug?

Of course, it doesn’t mater what you call it. So long as there’s no final answer to the UFO mystery — I’ll use the popular term — it deserves further investigation. Even though the phenomenon is still present and accounted for, I cannot agree that it has been solved. Even if they turn out to be spaceships, as many believe, that’s not something that can be proven. Saying that something is unexplained, that it can’t be accounted for by conventional objects or phenomena, doesn’t demonstrate an actual cause.

Sure, it may be all about spaceships, and when you have reports of beings seen in and around such objects, the evidence would surely seem to point that way. Of course, that assumes we are actually seeing the real event and our minds are not playing tricks on us, filling in the blanks for something that can’t be easily identified.

As you know, some people don’t worry about investigating anything. They insist we are being visited by extraterrestrials, and that one or more Earth governments is in possession of such proof. We just have to persuade them to let us in on the secret, and all will be right in the world. Or at least we’ll have the answers to the mystery.

The disclosure movement dates back to the 1950s, when some researchers, led by UFO author Major Donald Keyhoe, demanded that the “Silence Group” reveal what they know.

Even when the authorities denied having proof that UFOs were spaceships, the demands persisted. Whenever there was the slightest evidence of a deliberate attempt by the powers-that-be to explain away a sighting in a misleading fashion, it was taken as proof of a cover up. Why tell falsehoods if there wasn’t something to hide? Or maybe it was just a mistake based on the assumption that there isn’t anything to UFOs, so the easy explanation was seized upon.

I won’t dwell on possible government disinformation for now, even though a solid case can be made for the military and others sticking their noses into the mystery and trying to confuse and befuddle researchers. The infamous MJ-12 documents, supposed proof that the U.S. government set up an agency to manage the UFO secret, may represent a possible example of such intervention. Or maybe it was just a case of a private UFO researcher trying to get attention.

What is true is that the disclosure movement has established a record of decades of failure. Worse, all those predictions that the truth will be revealed never come to pass. Excuses are made, new predictions are made, and it just goes on.

So unless something happens by January 20, 2017, President Barack Obama will not be the “disclosure president.” He certainly missed the 2016 deadline. Will President Donald Trump reveal the truth? I have no idea. Why not send him a tweet?

But it’s very easy to predict that nothing is going to happen, and it’s a prediction I’ve made, and others have made, over the years. Unlike the lame prognostications that are based on hopes and dreams rather than solid evidence, I have decades of experience to demonstrate that I’m right.

Sure, it would be real nice for something positive to occur as a few UFO researchers prepare to observe the 70th anniversary of the beginnings of the mystery.

Except that UFOs were seen before 1947. And you can trace the occasional use of the term flying saucer back a decade or two before Arnold, at least according to the Wikipedia article on the subject. But if you believe Wikipedia, you might also believe that the “obsession with flying saucers” only lasted a decade. Does that mean the tens of thousands of sightings reported since the 1950s never really occurred? Was it all fake news?

Regardless, it’s not as if there is going to be a solution any time soon. I’d like to be proven wrong, but I do not expect to be around when the final answer is discovered. I was resigned to that possibility long ago.

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back